Vote for BP.Net for the 2013 Forum of the Year! Click here for more info.

» Site Navigation

» Home
 > FAQ

» Online Users: 3,217

1 members and 3,216 guests
Most users ever online was 6,337, 01-24-2020 at 04:30 AM.

» Today's Birthdays

None

» Stats

Members: 75,097
Threads: 248,539
Top Poster: JLC (31,651)
Welcome to our newest member, Travism91
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Thanks

Re: Hawaiin Blue Pit Bull?

Thanks for fixing the links - after I posted, I remembered that this forums doesn't allow hotlinking... but when I went back I wasn't able to fix it.

I'm guessing the pit bull you saw was just that - a pit bull.

If I really wanted to "market" my dobes, I could always tell them they're rare Havana Brown Dobermans... doesn't mean that they are, they're still just red. Or perhaps Kaylee is a super rare Sauron's Tower Black Ebony Doberman... but no, she's just a black dobe with really tall, pointy ears. Tacking a fake name onto them isn't going to make them more rare, or more valuable, or more admirable.... that's what conformation showing and performance venues are for.

Fact is, many unscrupulous breeders tack on fancy, gimmicky names to their "product" so the uninformed public thinks they've got something special... when all they have is a BYB dog that can't gain notoriety any other way. (side note - I hate it when breeders consider their puppies a "product" - that is NOT responsible breeding.)

Me, I'd rather buy a pit bull that looks like a pit bull - of any color, as long as the dog was from a responsible breeder.... no gimmicks involved in responsible breeding, and color is one of the last things a breeder should worry about (so different from snake breeding.)

Thanks

It is unfortunate. Pitbull has become a catch all phrase for a stocky muscular dog that has a certain look.

Thanks

Pit bulls,... people either love'em or hate'em. Its a lot easier for most people to point a finger rather than take responsibility. But I love'em, been around them my whole life, I have always had and will always have at least one as long as I can help it. But,...that's just me .

Thanks

i hate cropped ears......
    1.0 Normal ball python
    and my other animals 1.1 dogs

BG and Skiploder fan

Thanks

Have you seen the Canis Panther? It was created by a mix of Black Great Dane, Black Labrador, Doberman Pinscher, and the Staffordshire Terrier. Not saying that is what you saw. But it is what I thought about after hearing you describe the dog. You can either google it or look on dogbreedinfo.com.
    REPTILES: Ball Pythons, Bearded Dragons, Blue Tongue Skink, Corn Snakes, Crested Geckos, Gargoyle Geckos, Mali Uromastyxs, Sulcata Tortoise, Tokay Geckos, Veiled Chameleons.
    FISH: African Cichlids, Rhino Pleco, Silver Dollars, Tiger Oscars
    MAMMALS: Miniture Pinschers, Cat, ASF's, boyfriend, me

Registered User Repfanaticlady28's Avatar
    Thanks

No idea what a Hawaiin blue Pit Bull is, but everybody is correct...It's not a breed. This is our APBT that we rescued from the humane society. Her name is lady. And no, I did not adopt her because of her color. I adopted her because she was the most lovable, laid back dog in the shelter.

I was told by the trainers at an APBT rescue group that she is a very good example of what a Pit should look like...maybe a bit on the big side though (she's 70 lbs).
    Brook

Thanks

I know of Canis Panthers, thats my Coworkers dream dog. She has picks and screen savers on the computer at work and everything. They're good looking dogs but most of the ones I've seen look more like Dobis than anything else to me. But still very nice looking dogs and expensive.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by sekaiNdobes View Post
    I have to agree to a point - the American Pit Bull Terrier is a compact, well muscled, game dog... and the blue color is a fad right now that is very popular with people who want a pit bull for how it makes them look... instead of wanting a pit bull for what it is - an amazing terrier of any color.

My beef is not on color - it's with the physiological attributes go along with the dogs that are bred specifically *for* that blue color. I think many of the breeders that are specifically breeding for coat color only are breeding a dog that is so far away from what the APBT is... they really do seem like another breed. Take a look at all of those dogs on the sites posted above - do they really look like pit bulls, or do they look like oversized, unsound mastiffs?

This is not a pit bull:

http://i79.photobucket.com/albums/j1...ricanBully.jpg

This is also... not a pit bull...

http://www.steelcityblueskennels.com...UD2%5B1%5D.jpg

THIS, IMO, is a Pit Bull!

http://www.stillwaterkennelsupply.co...s/Lilbit23.jpg

I went through 20 pages of google images of "blue pit bull" search - but I didn't see a single one that looked like the fawn dog here.

the first two you shown are way overweight.

the pit is one of the worst dogs when it comes to identification. which makes is cause for alot of the bans peole claim it was a pit when it wasnt.

http://www.pitbullsontheweb.com/petbull/findpit.html

i have heard several people say that they have a pit and when i see the dog its anything but.

as for color yes some people breed and buy due to color but so does pretty much every snake breeder out there and most of the people on this site too. as long as you look for healthy animals of the color you want its fine.

personaly i like the amstaffs better than pits even tho they are pretty much the same breed just leaner. and yes i want a blue they look to good not to want one

http://api.ning.com/files/IRPi3mD1Ya...h=no&type=jpeg
    "So far this is the oldest that I've been"
    'If you can make it through the nite, there's a brighter day'
    "I'm out the game, put the 2nd string in."
    "live with the pain and keep trying or die knowing you never gave anything a chance"
    "Death is not the greatest loss in life. The greatest loss is what dies inside while still alive"
    "No one can take away your dreams"

People for the Ethical Treatment of Agriculture

Thanks

I have raised and shown/pulled APBTs for 15 years and I have never heard of a Hawaiin Blue. It is probably just a name the "breeder" named them to sell them better.

Thanks

I rrapist the thread is old but I was looking for the same dog. I think it is a Thai ridgeback. Just google it and you will see te pics of them. Look like pits with pOinty ears

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12