Vote for BP.Net for the 2013 Forum of the Year! Click here for more info.

» Site Navigation

» Home
 > FAQ

» Online Users: 3,491

2 members and 3,489 guests
Most users ever online was 6,337, 01-24-2020 at 04:30 AM.

» Today's Birthdays

None

» Stats

Members: 75,097
Threads: 248,540
Top Poster: JLC (31,651)
Welcome to our newest member, Travism91
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,287 Times in 921 Posts

Lots of locks, and a whole new viewpoint.

After reviewing much on others breeding "methodologies", I decided to change mine. I used to cycle and do seasonal breeding. But, it seems a lot of other members have success any time of the year! I was totally bummed out because I had such a sucky season this year.....I've been feeding my guys and girls heavily lately to regain back some of the weight they lost over the winter, as I usually have been as a "seasonal" breeding plan. But, after some research on the forum, I thought, "Hey, why not give it a try?" Well, I've been getting some great steady locks, and I think one of my females is gravid already!! (she was glowing last night ) I'm not going back to "seasonal" again. And I'm so excited! I'm breeding my gorgeous pastel to my two biggest girls (10-12 eggers) and a pair of het albinos. Come on albinos!!

I'd also love to hear from people who have made the same "method switch" and their successes or not.
    ALL THAT SLITHERS - Ball Python aficionado/keeper
    breeder of African soft fur Rats. Keeper of other small exotic mammals.
    10 sugar gliders

2 tenrecs
    5 jumping spiders
    paludarium with fish
    Brisingr the albino
    Snowy the BEL
    Piglet the albino conda hognose

FINALLY got my BEL,no longer breeding snakes. married to mechnut450..

Thanks

Re: Lots of locks, and a whole new viewpoint.

It's not really like that. It's more of the snake telling you when it is ready to breed. Most will start breeding when or shortly after females begin feeding heavy. When my females come flying out of the bins looking for food they get fed heavy as it is almost time to start breeding. Watch your snakes and they will tell you what to do. It's not just a matter of throwing them together they lock and you are definately going to get eggs.

People who are still getting eggs and ovys are because that is when that particular snake is ready, not because the person decided to put a male 4 months after he started breeding all the other girls.

Thanks

Re: Lots of locks, and a whole new viewpoint.

I just introduced a pair of DH dreams 2 days ago for the first time ever. I woke up the next morning and they were locked. I think its all about when they're ready and not about when we think theyre ready. I was gonna pair them up in november, but shes been gaining so much weight lately i figured what the hell... its worth a shot