Vote for BP.Net for the 2013 Forum of the Year! Click here for more info.

» Site Navigation

» Home
 > FAQ

» Online Users: 2,562

0 members and 2,562 guests
No Members online
Most users ever online was 6,337, 01-24-2020 at 04:30 AM.

» Today's Birthdays

» Stats

Members: 75,103
Threads: 248,542
Top Poster: JLC (31,651)
Welcome to our newest member, Michaelmcalvey
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Thanks

Re: FL Horse Killings

Quote Originally Posted by N4S View Post
    I wonder if the meat is any good.

As in taste.
    To many, yes, it is.
    Alicia Holmes
    www.BerkshireBoids.com
    Enough snakes that i cant count them properly anymore.

Thanks

Its upsetting that people so GREATLY oppose the legitimate slaughter of horses.

Its okay to kill a cow, and a pig, or piglets, and baby sheep, or a baby cow * Kept in a teenytiny box...) for food, and its alright to keep cows pregnant, to continue to produce milk for human consumption.... but its NOT okay to kill a horse for food?

Makes no sense to me.

I LOVE horses, they are EXCELLENT companion animals. But i am NOT against the slaughter of animals that can no longer live a useful and productive life, or animals that cannot be used due to lameness issues. SO MANY horses go to waste in barnyards across the country, where their use could be beneficial for other horses ( To take the sick and weak animals places) in better condition, and humans and other carnivores, as food.
    Alicia Holmes
    www.BerkshireBoids.com
    Enough snakes that i cant count them properly anymore.

Thanks

I had no idea horse meat was illegal. I also didn't know there was a demand. It sounds like the slaughter house is an appropriate alternative to trucking the horses to Mexico or Canada. But then again, why not just pay for the euthanasia? Some people should really just not own animals if they can't treat them humanely.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Isis View Post
    Exactly!!! I totally forgot to mention that part thank you! I love horses, and letting them suffer over being sent to slaughter isn't worth it. The only way I would agree to end horse slaughter is if more people were charged with abuse. There's no reason a horse should go all winter without food or live with untreated wounds. Or for that matter, if ANYONE was charged for horse abuse/neglect. We have someone local that has 6-7 horses on less than an acre of MUD. These horses are extremely skinny and I have not once seen anything but old dirty hay that the horses try to pick out of the mud. The police have been called several times and won't do a thing about it. I wish we had animal cops around here they would do something.
    I think i'd have to rally more for enforcement against the people who abuse them, because i feel like if the horses are in that bad condition then they really shouldn't be sold anywhere as anything that is consumed. People food or dog food, there needs to be standards that i'm sure these terribly treated horsies wouldn't be able to pass. It makes me so sad that those horrible owners can treat all of their animals like that and I can't even keep one that would be spoiled and over loved. ughhh lol just reading this makes me so frustrated at the world.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12