Vote for BP.Net for the 2013 Forum of the Year! Click here for more info.

» Site Navigation

» Home
 > FAQ

» Online Users: 3,000

0 members and 3,000 guests
No Members online
Most users ever online was 6,337, 01-24-2020 at 04:30 AM.

» Today's Birthdays

» Stats

Members: 75,103
Threads: 248,542
Top Poster: JLC (31,651)
Welcome to our newest member, Michaelmcalvey
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    Thanks

Re: Some Woma's we produced

Well the first pic is labled HGWYBF so I assume it is also a yellow belly? That would knock it up a notch.
    Where do you see the label in the pic?
    Rick

Thanks
    Thanked 5,584 Times in 3,092 Posts
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by rjs73 View Post
    then why was the one I purchased from Sean Bradley, sold to him by Kevin as a possible hidden gene carrier when it and his offspring look nothing like what Matt pictured?
    My understanding is that Sean didn't get his from Kevin.

Thanks

Rick, i am spot on with what you are saying. my reply was to eddie who thought i was crazy. Plain and simple if matt's photos are a true representation of the hiddend gene trait , then nerd really dropped the ball to put it in pc terms.

now i am going to bet that matt's have the yb gene in them and what looks to be a granite marker on the neck. but i do not know of anyone who purchased womas from them or secondary offspring that have produced anything similar to their crosses. i am not mad at anyone here. i think it is crummy that they would be defended in any way for selling offspring from two unrelated lineages under the same name. did this secondary unkown line of nerd woma produce a fatal pearl when the two lines were mated? this is something that has been going on for what ten years, and now they are selling the true ingredients to the cool morphs as the same name but with a different lineage completely. if the first version produced the hidden gene as well it sure has not proven out anywhere else that i know of. i sure hope someone can prove me wrong. honestly i hope i prove myself wrong. I agree how can you sell possible het (for lack of a better word) for anything if they look that different.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by dr del View Post
    Hi,

Well the first pic is labled HGWYBF so I assume it is also a yellow belly? That would knock it up a notch.

dr del
    Quote Originally Posted by The Cleaner View Post

This picture was posted in another thread and labeled as a HG Woma/YB. Perhaps Matt can clarify?
    ~*Rich
    1.0 100% Het Albino
    1.3 Normal
    1.0 Spider
    0.1 Mojave
    1.0 Pastel 100% Het Goldfinger
    0.1 Pastel 66% Het Goldfinger
    0.1 Pastel PH Goldfinger

Thanks
    Thanked 6,788 Times in 4,306 Posts

Hi,

Quote Originally Posted by rjs73 View Post
    Where do you see the label in the pic?
    In the filename of the picture;

http://photos.imageevent.com/ghireptiles/babyballs2009/HGWYBF.jpg

dr del
    Derek

7 adult Royals (2.5), 1.0 COS Pastel, 1.0 Enchi, 1.1 Lesser platty Royal python, 1.1 Black pastel Royal python, 0.1 Blue eyed leucistic ( Super lesser), 0.1 Piebald Royal python, 1.0 Sinaloan milk snake 1.0 crested gecko and 1 bad case of ETS. no wife, no surprise.

Thanks

Hi everybody,

In 2005 I was standing at my table in Daytona and Kevin McCurley walked up and asked me if I had any male Pinstripes with size. I said that I had like 12 males that were decent sized and asked what he was interested in doing. He asked if I'd take a Woma male straight up. I said that was no problem. We conducted our trade as most commercial breeders... He walked back over and tossed me a male Woma and I handed him a male Pinstripe. No deli cups or snake bags involved just an honest trade of snakes between hands. LOL

I'm guessing that Kevin took the Woma off of his own table since I didn't see him retrieve it but I trust that Kevin is above stealing it from someone else for his own trade. We then had a conversation about the hidden gene stuff and Kevin told me to keep an eye on my stuff. I noticed that the animals coming out of my male were very light and colorful compared to others I had seen.

I DID NOT ever claim to have the hidden gene, only that I was told that I should "keep an eye" on the production pertaining to the hidden gene qualities.

I hope this clears the air on my end...

Thanks

Yup...that's a hidden gene woma/yellow belly and the breeder male is a hidden gene woma/granite/yellow belly.

As far as Kevin selling 'possible' hidden gene animals, that might be something that would have happened in the first few years of breeding them I would guess...but I am just guessing.

Simply put, Kevin originally thought they looked similar enough to be the same type of animal and after breeding them for years figured out that they were two completely different morphs. In the past I have heard people say that they were sold babies as possible hidden gene animals and not one of them could supply any credible evidence supporting this. Usually it boils down to someone wanting to sell a woma and they tell the buyer that Kevin told them it was a possible hidden gene animal. That makes the animal that much more appealing now doesn't it?

Thanks

Hey Sean,

We were posting at the same time and thanks for clearing that up. I would have Kevin chime in here but at the moment he is upstairs eating dinner with my family (they won't let me eat with them because I am too sloppy ) and he isn't much into the forums anymore. He actually sent Travis an e-mail earlier today explaining the woma thing and I think that he (Travis) did a great job explaining it

Thanks
    Thanked 5,584 Times in 3,092 Posts
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Sean : EbN View Post
    Hi everybody,

In 2005 I was standing at my table in Daytona and Kevin McCurley walked up and asked me if I had any male Pinstripes with size. I said that I had like 12 males that were decent sized and asked what he was interested in doing. He asked if I'd take a Woma male straight up. I said that was no problem. We conducted our trade as most commercial breeders... He walked back over and tossed me a male Woma and I handed him a male Pinstripe. No deli cups or snake bags involved just an honest trade of snakes between hands. LOL

I'm guessing that Kevin took the Woma off of his own table since I didn't see him retrieve it but I trust that Kevin is above stealing it from someone else for his own trade. We then had a conversation about the hidden gene stuff and Kevin told me to keep an eye on my stuff. I noticed that the animals coming out of my male were very light and colorful compared to others I had seen.

I DID NOT ever claim to have the hidden gene, only that I was told that I should "keep an eye" on the production pertaining to the hidden gene qualities.

I hope this clears the air on my end...
    Thanks for clearing that up Sean! I could have sworn you told me you didn't get yours from him. Guess my age ("old-timers") is showing!

Thanks

I'm not trying to offend anyone here nor am I claiming that Kevin was selling animals as poss hets to try to make more money. All I was trying to do is to see if anyone knew what to look for in a hidden gene woma without anything else added to it. And to see if the one's that I pictured in this thread were normal looking or is there something else to them.

To Matt,Sean and Kevin I apologize if I offended any of you. That was not my intention for starting this thread.I just wanted to post some pics of what I thought were some cool looking woma's.
    Rick

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast