Vote for BP.Net for the 2013 Forum of the Year! Click here for more info.

» Site Navigation

» Home
 > FAQ

» Online Users: 3,168

2 members and 3,166 guests
Most users ever online was 6,337, 01-24-2020 at 04:30 AM.

» Today's Birthdays

None

» Stats

Members: 75,097
Threads: 248,541
Top Poster: JLC (31,651)
Welcome to our newest member, Travism91
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: video

Thanks

Re: video

chances are unless your a small child with 3 broken limbs crawling through the amazon the anaconda isn't really that much of a threat

OMG..... ARE U EVER BEEN IN VENEZUELA?.... im venezuelan and the anaconda is the lragets snake so it can kill u... in fact in a reptile park 1 anaconda in quarantine kill 1 adult.....

btw i love those snake

Thanks
    Last edited by dr del; 08-27-2009 at 02:20 PM. Reason: hotlinking I'm afraid

Thanks

That image is a hoax. And to neal, Yeah a 5' snake could probably kill you if you sat there and let it. Green anacondas, retics, burms, and afrocks all have the capability to overpower and kill a human being easily. I didn't say that anacondas go around hunting people in the wild. I just said they can easily kill a human being.

Thanks
    Thanked 2,140 Times in 1,556 Posts
    Blog Entries

That picture is a fake, if you're going to post stuff make sure it's true before you try to give people bad impressions on things.
    -Venomous-

1.0 - Naja siamensis - Zeus (Black & White Spitting Cobra)
    1.0 - Naja n. woodi - Hades (Black Spitting Cobra)
    0.1 - Naja nigricollis - Athena (Black-necked Spitting Cobra)

coming at some point in the future
    Naja annulata (Ringed Water Cobra)

Thanks

OMG.... man... ok its a fake?... AKAKAKAKAK... omg... dude... I LIVED IN VENEZUELA FOR 24 years im Venezuela... i know my country snake and I KNOW IT CAN KILL A ADULT... why ppl is trying to be so smart mouth?...... tell me then... how many time you have been in Venezuela?... and how many time you have been in the Amazon?... and how many times have you see a Anaconda in the wild?.... honestly i never been in the amazon so i never seen in the wild a anaconda... but i know the anaconda, i know is the largets snake in the world, and OMG.. i love animal and i have read and wathc video about anaconda.... the anaconda you have in home never is gonna be that big like the ones that live in the amazon...

dont tell me that a anaconda cant kill a adult cause you dont know anything
    Last edited by LadyOhh; 08-27-2009 at 07:27 PM. Reason: Making it family friendly

Thanks

Number One: The video is of Jesus Rivas, who has been studying condas in the llanos in Venezuela for many years. Nowhere near the amazon. The largest one he has encountered was 17 feet. He is a well respected scientist and probably knows more about the natural behaviors of anacondas than anyone.

Number Two: Whoever is narrating that story is, as mentioned, an idiot. Do you know of many newscasters who actually know anything about what it is they are reporting on? Especially with reptile stories, they are exaggerated to take advantage of the fear factor and sensationalism.

Number Three: I don't think anything under 9 or 10 feet could kill me. A five foot boa, if really intent and squeezing the crap out of me, could still be relatively easily unwound. I would think anything 10 or over wouldn't have much of a problem.

Number Four: That photo of the guy in the retic is of course a fake. Doesn't mean it doesn't happen, though. I know of no documented cases of rocks, burms or condas eating someone, but I know of at least two instances where retics have. The last one being in '95 I believe.

Jesus is working, in the video, with a wild conda that looks to be at least 12 foot. I would love to be there with him catching that snake, but I sure wouldn't want to do it alone.

Pets are one thing. Wild specimens are another cup of tea entirely.

Chris
    Last edited by mumps; 08-27-2009 at 03:47 PM. Reason: add number four
    "That cute little lizard in the pet shop will, in a few short years, become an enormous, ferocious carnivore; capable of breaking the family cat's neck in a single snap and swallowing it whole." - Daniel Bennett

passion.herp
    passionherp.com
    info@passionherp.com
    facebook.com/passion.herp

Thanks

ok....

another video.... the animal there is a Tapir

images here ... http://images.google.co.ve/images?hl...title&resnum=1..

and here is the video how it kil a tapir... and im telling u im 24 yrs old and that tapir is more fat than i am... but ok... you just keep lying to yourself about a anaconda or "traga venado" cant kill a Adult.. just go to venzuela and find 1 to see what happen...

Video

YouTube - Serpiente comiendo un Hipopotamo!!??!

another iamge

http://www.venezuelatuya.com/estados...asanaconda.jpg

Thanks
    Thanked 2,140 Times in 1,556 Posts
    Blog Entries

How about before you post, YOU READ? Nobody said anything about an anaconda couldn't kill an adult. I said it couldn't eat an adult. Learn to read.
    -Venomous-

1.0 - Naja siamensis - Zeus (Black & White Spitting Cobra)
    1.0 - Naja n. woodi - Hades (Black Spitting Cobra)
    0.1 - Naja nigricollis - Athena (Black-necked Spitting Cobra)

coming at some point in the future
    Naja annulata (Ringed Water Cobra)

Thanks
    Thanked 6,788 Times in 4,306 Posts

Chill time guys,

Lets remember to keep it civil.

dr del
    Derek

7 adult Royals (2.5), 1.0 COS Pastel, 1.0 Enchi, 1.1 Lesser platty Royal python, 1.1 Black pastel Royal python, 0.1 Blue eyed leucistic ( Super lesser), 0.1 Piebald Royal python, 1.0 Sinaloan milk snake 1.0 crested gecko and 1 bad case of ETS. no wife, no surprise.

Thanks

I'm pretty sure an anaconda could not SWALLOW and digest an normal sized adult human. Kill it, yes. Eat it, no.

But I have heard some strange things. My husband used to be friends with this guy who claimed his father worked for a rescue squad somewhere (it was so long ago that I heard this story I can't remember). I believe the snake was a retic, which if I'm not mistaken, get larger than anacondas, right?

Ok, so there was this man who lived out in the middle of no where. Kept a LOT of reptiles and didn't care for them right. He kept his retic in his bathtub with a mesh fence type "lid" on it. Well, one night the man gets really drunk and passes out on his floor. The snake gets out and having not been fed in a long time, takes the opportunity for an easy meal and begins to try and swallow the man, feet first. A day later, the rescue squad is called out to the man's house and they find him on the floor, barely alive, in shock. The snake had swallowed his legs up to his hips, but couldn't swallow any further and died. They cut the man free from the snake and rushed him to the hospital. His legs had already begun to be digested and he died from shock.

Its a story, not sure if its real or not, but I really don't think a large snake could swallow something our size, at least not without dying or having to spit us back out.
    Under Construction.....

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast