Vote for BP.Net for the 2013 Forum of the Year! Click here for more info.

» Site Navigation

» Home
 > FAQ

» Online Users: 3,296

1 members and 3,295 guests
Most users ever online was 6,337, 01-24-2020 at 04:30 AM.

» Today's Birthdays

None

» Stats

Members: 75,096
Threads: 248,539
Top Poster: JLC (31,651)
Welcome to our newest member, eamorris97
Page 10 of 11 FirstFirst 1234567891011 LastLast
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,727 Times in 1,257 Posts

Re: What have i gotten myself into

Quote Originally Posted by Kysenia View Post
    skip....re-read my post....I am in no way saying this person is right....if you read it again you will see what I am trying to convey is how to communicate and get a point across....

Making poor decisions and asking for help definately opens him up to being attacked.....I am trying to point out a better way that may actually keep someone from getting defensive and keep their ears open to hear all aspects of how this choice may affect him and others.

Make sense? I disagree with your dissection of my words......they are an attempt to make the point of how to get your point across and educate others. That is what the example of working with a patient is trying to convey. Will the patient listen if I approach the way you say is ok? Patient...member of a forum.....humans....tend to respond poorly to verbal attacks, sarcasm used incorrectly, and aggressive individuals.
    I agree - you were not saying that the OP was right.

But let's agree to disagree on the approach on how to deal with him.

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Skiploder For This Useful Post:

MattU (10-26-2009)

Thanks

I would agree, nothing wrong with agreeing to disagree...that is how i have stayed married as long as i have jk jk
    Troy Van Orman/Kysenia www.prairielandpythons.com(daily blog and updates!)tavopt@prairierehab.com

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by wilomn View Post
    So, you either withold valuable, possibly lifespan and quality of life, information from your customers?

You don't tell them that the cause of their problem is because they're fat because....you don't want to hurt their feelings? You let them continue in a manner that you, the doctor, I'm assuming, know is detrimental to them and therefore quite possibly to their family and those around them?

Heh.

I prefer the truth.
    JMO, but I think he was speaking of the manner in which the information is presented... not whether the information should be given at all. At least that's how I interpreted it!
    Lolo's Collection...
    Ball Pythons: 0.4 Normals, 1.0 Pastel, 1.1 Mojaves, 1.0 Black Pastel, 2.0 Spiders, 0.1 Lesser, 1.0 Orange Ghost, 0.1 Honeybee
    0.1 Spotted Python, 1.1 Stimson's Pythons, 1.0 Jungle Carpet Python
    3.4 Corn Snakes, 1.1 Western Hognose Snakes, 1.2 cats, and 1.0 dog (47lb mutt)

Thanks

ty lolo, that is correct.......I in no way am attempting to minimize the concerns and affects uninformed choices, compulsive choices can have on those who make them, the animal itself, or the community who is fighting for their rights. I totally agree with that. I was just offering an opinion or an approach that I think works better.

I made the mistake and included to much other stuff about frustration with those who approach it in another way. I muddied the water of which my point was in.

I would like to reinterate that I do not support bad choices, but I do commend him for putting himself out there for help. He did say up front that he is aware of the mistake he made.

Anyways......I usually just post on how sweet animals look, i think i will stick with that
    Troy Van Orman/Kysenia www.prairielandpythons.com(daily blog and updates!)tavopt@prairierehab.com

Thanks
    Thanked 2,795 Times in 1,171 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Lolo76 View Post
    JMO, but I think he was speaking of the manner in which the information is presented... not whether the information should be given at all. At least that's how I interpreted it!
    Well, that's the written word for you. I read it differently. Now that he's commented, I know that what he was writing was not what I was reading.

It's not always easy, writing what we hear in our head so that readers can listen to what we're saying and read what we would have spoken, were we speaking instead of reading.
    I may not be very smart, but what if I am?
    Stinky says, "Women should be obscene but not heard." Stinky is one smart man.
    www.humanewatch.org

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by wilomn View Post
    Seriously? Really?

Yes. It is all pet owners who have turned their snakes loose in Florida that have caused all the hassles we experience now.

And you're correct, of course, about big snakes needing to be free. After all, a snake that size that sits and waits patiently by a waterhole or by the side of a trail, possibly for weeks while it waits for prey to come close enough to be food, that does not move from that spot, NEEDS to be free to roam.

Really? Seriously?

And why is it ok to keep ball pythons in tubs, some of them barely big enough for the snake to be able to turn about in, or any other snake kept in a small enclosure, but not the giants? Prejudiced are we? Biased a tad?

Have you ever kept a big snake? Got any personal experience with them? Real experience, not seeing one somewhere sometimes, but actual day to day hands on experience?

I ask only to determine where your ....ignorance/error/lack of facts, originated. Maybe you're a well meaning but under or un or maybe even mis-informed keeper. Maybe not. But knowing would make future answers easier to frame in a manner most conducive to your successful assimilation.

easy there bud.. i wasnt stating facts but merely try to say that you should know what your doing when dealing with a snake that size... i dont like any animal being locked up.. but something thats 8' long.. well.. wouldn't you want to stretch now and then and where did i say they can stretch? oh yah..the zoo, yah the zoo..not your living room?!.. and i wasn't comparing a lion to a snake.. in their respected categories they reign.. when i'm on the internet and i see a snake and its eaten a crocodile, i think, wow.. something i wouldn't want to come across.. but you can act all tough there Wilomn and hate on me because your a big man thats handled big snakes.. i paid my respects to the 'big' snake breeders out there and all i have is respect for them.. but this a forum where its free to speak.. and IMO Wilomn, no i dont think any bob, dan or harry should be allowed own a snake that big..

Thanks

So what kind of enclosure are angie, roxanne and layla housed in? Hopefully something with PLENTY of room to stretch right?

Thanks
    Thanked 2,795 Times in 1,171 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by adam_degel View Post
    easy there bud.. i wasnt stating facts but merely try to say that you should know what your doing when dealing with a snake that size... i dont like any animal being locked up.. but something thats 8' long.. well.. wouldn't you want to stretch now and then and where did i say they can stretch? oh yah..the zoo, yah the zoo..not your living room?!.. and i wasn't comparing a lion to a snake.. in their respected categories they reign.. when i'm on the internet and i see a snake and its eaten a crocodile, i think, wow.. something i wouldn't want to come across.. but you can act all tough there Wilomn and hate on me because your a big man thats handled big snakes.. i paid my respects to the 'big' snake breeders out there and all i have is respect for them.. but this a forum where its free to speak.. and IMO Wilomn, no i dont think any bob, dan or harry should be allowed own a snake that big..
    Sigh. People so often mistake simply incredulity for hate.

Hate take too much effort.
    I may not be very smart, but what if I am?
    Stinky says, "Women should be obscene but not heard." Stinky is one smart man.
    www.humanewatch.org

10. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to wilomn For This Useful Post:

Denial (10-23-2009),likebull1 (10-24-2009)

Thanks

i know i'm being biased.. but you cant compare a ball python to a giant? yah they have room to stretch, plenty.. and.. there's no worries of them attacking my family when i'm not around..

Thanks

And I assure you I have no worries of mine EVER attacking my family or I would not own these amazing animals! Responsible reptile keeping does wonders

Page 10 of 11 FirstFirst 1234567891011 LastLast