Vote for BP.Net for the 2013 Forum of the Year! Click here for more info.

» Site Navigation

» Home
 > FAQ

» Online Users: 3,322

3 members and 3,319 guests
Most users ever online was 6,337, 01-24-2020 at 04:30 AM.

» Today's Birthdays

None

» Stats

Members: 75,097
Threads: 248,539
Top Poster: JLC (31,651)
Welcome to our newest member, Travism91
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Thanks

Stud Service, How did you divide the clutch?

I was wondering if anyone has ever sent a Male Ball to a friend to use as a breeder for their Female Ball? And if so how did you two divide the clutch?
    I know it has many factors, Number of offspring, Male to Female count, and lets not forget the Genetics, What Morphs were thrown in the clutch.

I would like for you to share any information that you have and any advice on the subject. Thank You
    ZOMBIE ON 3rd

Thanks

Re: Stud Service, How did you divide the clutch?

Do it by way of draft. First pick goes to the person providing the stud. They choose their first pick of the morphs, then you choose your pick of the morphs, then they go, etc. until all normals are left. Then do the same with the normals.
    ]

3. The Following User Says Thank You to pavlovk1025 For This Useful Post:

zombieon3rd (07-29-2009)

Thanks

hmm, I was wondering the same thing but i didnt think people did it like that. I thought negotiation was the way..ie you can have this and this if i can have this type deal

I would also think that the person providing the female would get first pic. i mean they house the animal, breed the male to her, incubate the eggs...

5. The Following User Says Thank You to matt71915 For This Useful Post:

zombieon3rd (07-29-2009)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by matt71915 View Post
    hmm, I was wondering the same thing but i didnt think people did it like that. I thought negotiation was the way..ie you can have this and this if i can have this type deal

I would also think that the person providing the female would get first pic. i mean they house the animal, breed the male to her, incubate the eggs...
    Yeah but if youre the one asking for the male on breeding loan, it makes sense that you give up first pick. That means someone is sending you an animal, and that requires a lot of trust.
    ]

7. The Following User Says Thank You to pavlovk1025 For This Useful Post:

zombieon3rd (07-30-2009)

Thanks
    Thanked 5,584 Times in 3,092 Posts
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by matt71915 View Post

Not necessarily. My normal female Hannah is out on loan. I'm not housing her, breeding her to the male, or incubating the eggs. But I am providing her to the loan.

Generally, the person with the higher valued animal gets first pick of the clutch (doesn't matter if the first pick is a morph or a normal, but of course, in most cases it's going to be the morph), and then the two alternate back and forth until the clutch is divided.

For me, what usually ends up happening is the two members of the loan talk the whole way through and before the time to decide, are usually telling each other which one they really, really, really like and both sides (if it's a loan you come out unscathed on the other end of), try to be accomodating to the other one, even if the animal may have been their first pick. I've been lucky in that the breeder loans that I've entered into have been with friends I trust and have an airtight breeder loan agreement that elminates the possibility of any mis-understanding. I've always been an advocate of having as detailed a contract as you can, especially when the loan is between friends. It's not worth losing a friendship over a mis-understanding. With a detailed contract, there can be no room for mis-understandings.

Before getting into a breeder loan, be sure to draft up an agreement which will also determine who gets the extra odd animal if the clutch isn't an even number.

9. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to rabernet For This Useful Post:

Seneschal (07-29-2009),zombieon3rd (07-30-2009)

Thanks

You can also choose the eggs before hatching and mark them. In that case, nobody knows what the outcome will be.

With an odd number of eggs, you can always flip a coin
    -Nordin-

11. The Following User Says Thank You to Nordinho For This Useful Post:

zombieon3rd (07-30-2009)

Thanks
    Thanked 5,584 Times in 3,092 Posts
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Nordinho View Post
    You can also choose the eggs before hatching and mark them. In that case, nobody knows what the outcome will be.

With an odd number of eggs, you can always flip a coin
    That wouldn't be a loan I'd enter into! LOL

13. The Following User Says Thank You to rabernet For This Useful Post:

zombieon3rd (07-30-2009)

BPnet Veteran
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by rabernet View Post
    That wouldn't be a loan I'd enter into! LOL
    I second that.
    -Steven

15. The Following User Says Thank You to stevenkeogh For This Useful Post:

zombieon3rd (07-30-2009)

BPnet Veteran TheOtherLeadingBrand's Avatar
    Thanks

I guess I would do it the way we do in dogs. Owner of the sire gets pick of the clutch, period- and that's it. Unless you work out a deal, for 2nd pick or something before hand, that's how it's done in the dog world.

If someone loans/leases a female dog, that person acts as the dog's breeder/owner and pays all breeding expenses including stud fees, etc, and the person who loaned out the dog gets whatever was agreed upon- usually a fee, or maybe pick of the litter.

I have never heard of such a situation with snakes. The risk of infection or disease in my collection would concern me with snakes. Dogs are vaccinated against devestating disease, but snakes are not.

17. The Following User Says Thank You to TheOtherLeadingBrand For This Useful Post:

zombieon3rd (07-30-2009)

Thanks

When I loaned out my normal female, the males owner was suppose to get first pick of the morphs. However they gave me first pick for the normal males Out of 8 eggs I got 0:3 one female pastel and 0:2 normals. I had no interest in the male normals so I let him have those. There was 3 pastels but since there was more than one male she was introudeced with we each took a pastel.

19. The Following User Says Thank You to akaangela For This Useful Post:

zombieon3rd (07-30-2009)

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast