Vote for BP.Net for the 2013 Forum of the Year! Click here for more info.

» Site Navigation

» Home
 > FAQ

» Online Users: 3,307

3 members and 3,304 guests
Most users ever online was 6,337, 01-24-2020 at 04:30 AM.

» Today's Birthdays

None

» Stats

Members: 75,097
Threads: 248,539
Top Poster: JLC (31,651)
Welcome to our newest member, Travism91
Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567
    Do I get Paid for this??? LadyOhh's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,115 Times in 1,073 Posts
    Blog Entries

Re: Snake didn't eat... What do I do with the live rat pup?

I don't want to beat a dead horse, but I would like to say this:

You are a keeper of an animal. You are responsible for being compassionate about the lives of the animals. Be it prey or predator, every animal deserves basic rights and respect.

If you don't understand that, you should re-evaluate why you are taking care of animals in the first place.

We are all learning, all enjoying our animals, sharing information, developing attitudes and feelings towards our animals and each other. But it should all be based on the overall respect of our fellow creatures, human or not.

Be kind.
    Heather Wong
    I AM the Wonginator
    Heather's Herps Website
    READ MY BLOG!!!
    Balls for Life, Baby!!!

2. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to LadyOhh For This Useful Post:

ballpythonluvr (08-01-2009),dr del (08-01-2009),jglass38 (08-01-2009),littleindiangirl (08-04-2009),Muze (08-01-2009),Stewart_Reptiles (08-01-2009)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by jglass38 View Post
    This is a silly post. Really. Have a little respect for the animal that gives up it's life so your snake can live and thrive.
    lol yea u should respect it because if it has an diese it will kill ur snake the only reason ur snake is a live is because someone somewhere is going through alot of trouble to make sure ur snakes food is healthy

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by jblaze View Post
    So are you reccomending to freeze a live rat pup? That's awesome! Well, not really but hey, great advice.

What you could do is search www.google.com for what rat pups eat-and go from there.
    im pretty sure rat pups are still nursing.. so it would take a small nipple and milk

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by STEW View Post
    Did you at least kill it first? I woulda............
    Im not going to criticize you either way because I view feeder rats as objects rather than living creatures or I wouldnt be able to kill them..... If your snake does end up eating it once its thawed out then you should just buy frozen feeders, they are cheaper. I never even took into account what Dr. Del posted even though I think it would be pretty hard to get caught up in that legal issue....... Im going to buy a frozen one and see what my snake does with it. It would be easier to have a bulk load in the freezer than having to go to the pet store every week.... Now if I can just get my Chameleon to eat the crickets in a can, talk about a hard animal to get to eat pre killed prey items........

I was being nosey and curious.... Have you tried the little vibrating rock that shakes the little bugs around? I heard it works good for stubborn reptiles!

Thanks

this sorta relates back to the whole omg dolphins are getting trapped in tuna nets ... /cry ... but those same people dont care about the poor tuna who is being harvested 50,000 at a time .. so some say bash it in the head, others say freeze it, others say flush it down the toilet .. i say just purchase f/t and be done with it .. and now you say " my snake only eats live" well there are vids and walkthroughs on how to convert your snake to f/t if you have patience ..

Thanks
    Thanked 6,788 Times in 4,306 Posts

Um guys?

The thread is over a year old. "08-01-2009 06:04 AM " was the last post before the current round.

dr del
    Derek

7 adult Royals (2.5), 1.0 COS Pastel, 1.0 Enchi, 1.1 Lesser platty Royal python, 1.1 Black pastel Royal python, 0.1 Blue eyed leucistic ( Super lesser), 0.1 Piebald Royal python, 1.0 Sinaloan milk snake 1.0 crested gecko and 1 bad case of ETS. no wife, no surprise.

Thanks
    the humane way to kill prey is co2 poisoning.. they just go to sleep.. get some dry ice and put it in a sealed container with the rat but make sure the prey cant come in contact with the dry ice directly
    1.0 Normal Ball Python Melvin
    0.0.1 12"-ish Plecostomus Gigantor
    0.1 Golden Retriever Sally
    1.0 Terrier Leo
    1.0 Boxer Mutt Pluto
    1.0 Temneh African Grey Dexter

Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567