Vote for BP.Net for the 2013 Forum of the Year! Click here for more info.

» Site Navigation

» Home
 > FAQ

» Online Users: 3,296

2 members and 3,294 guests
Most users ever online was 6,337, 01-24-2020 at 04:30 AM.

» Today's Birthdays

» Stats

Members: 75,095
Threads: 248,538
Top Poster: JLC (31,651)
Welcome to our newest member, Daisyg
Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: Burm hunt video

Thanks

Re: Burm hunt video

Quote Originally Posted by twistedtails View Post
    I've got a pair of burmese pants on the way this week. They are kinda like leather except they shed a few times a year. I'm so excited I might just hiss my pants
    I may not understand correctly, but are you going to have an animal killed just so you can have pants? the pants will look retarded and you could get normal pants (like jeans) without killing an animal...
    Kevin

1.0 Normal Ball: Luther
    0.1 Pastel Ball
    1.0 Spider Ball

Thanks

im glad they added the bit about the pet shops.... im glad this is finaly getting taken care of.... i hope they lay off....

1.1 Het Albino BP
    1.0 Banded king
    1.1 Amelanistic Het Anerythristic Corns
    1.1 Het Albino Western Hognose
    0.1 Garter

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Hock3ymonk3y View Post
    I may not understand correctly, but are you going to have an animal killed just so you can have pants? the pants will look retarded and you could get normal pants (like jeans) without killing an animal...
    lol i agree

1.1 Het Albino BP
    1.0 Banded king
    1.1 Amelanistic Het Anerythristic Corns
    1.1 Het Albino Western Hognose
    0.1 Garter

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by lillyorchid View Post
    I'm sure they are putting them all down. The burm in the video was later showed dead on the grass.
    are you sure it was dead? its possible they sedated it, they may have plans to release them in thier natural habitat.
    1.0 50% het clown 1.0 50% het lavender 2.6 normal bp 1.0 normal poss axanthic 1.0 het pied bp 1.0 yellow belly 1.0 mojave bp 2.0 spider bp 2.1 pastel bp1.1 Cinnamon bp
    7.0 corns - normal motley stripe het snow,anery a het hypo, snow, red candy cane, motley stripe orange candy cane, anery motley possible ghost , butter motley 0.6 corns -amel,high white amel,creamsicle,ghost, snow, orange candy cane 1.0 albino jungle corn, 1.0 mexican black king, 1.0 california king, 1.0 milk snake 0.1 kenyan sand boa 0.1 dummerils boa 1.1 bci normal, 0.1 pastel bci,0.1 kahl albino bci,1.0 salmon het kahl albino bci, 0.1 guatamalan boa 0.1 hogg island boa 1.0 JCP 0.1 woma python 3.0 leos-normal,blizzard,rw albino,rw b blizzard 0.7 leos-normal,hypo tangerine,mack snow,albino, rwb blizzard,raptor, rw albino 0.1 C. Turneri (thick toed gecko)1.1 crested gecko0.1rose hair T. 0.0.1 black emporer scorpion
    1.0 beardie

http://kryptonianreptiles.webs.com Kryptonian Reptiles now on Facebook

BPnet Veteran
    Thanks

they MUST be killed,logged,gps coordinates,and stomache examination

so,why not use the hide's as pants or anything you want,let less of it go to waste
    1.0 blonde pastel,1.8 normal,1.1 het orange ghost 1.0 het butterscotch 0.1 het green ghost 0.1 het albino 0.1 rtb 0.1 yellow anaconda 1.0 borneo blood 1.0 albino burmese

6. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to RebelYell83 For This Useful Post:

hoax (07-22-2009),Jason Bowden (07-19-2009),likebull1 (07-19-2009),Mendel's Balls (07-22-2009),twistedtails (07-19-2009)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Hock3ymonk3y View Post
    The animals are going to be killed regardless. It's better to use some part of them instead of it entirely going to waste. I quite honestly would love to get my hands on a hide and try my hand at tanning it; perhaps mounting a smaller one, since the only snake mount forms I've seen are for rattlesnakes and such.

1.0 Western Slender Glass Lizard; Logos
    0.1 Charcoal Cornsnake; Morana
    1.0 Golden Gecko; Smoothie
    1.1 African Plated Lizard; Cypher and Nara

Thanks

i was under the impression the herpetologist was going to be deciding what to do with captured specimens. killing or keeping, it's up to them.

Thanks

Thanks for posting this vid. Did you guys notice that the tag under Greg's name in this vid was "scientist"? I'm going to have to call Jacki and see if his head still fits in the front door!

What's happening right now is so good for our industry. Special thanks to Greg, Shawn and Michael for convincing the powers that be on the Florida Fish and Wildlife Conservation Commission to allow this pilot project and then putting their time into making this happen. I feel so fortunate to have these three representing us in this effort . . . they are professional, calm, and well-spoken.
    Alice

"A positive attitude may not solve all your problems, but it will annoy enough people to make it worth the effort." Herm Albright

10. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Alice For This Useful Post:

hoax (07-22-2009),littleindiangirl (07-25-2009),Mendel's Balls (07-25-2009)

Thanks

First of all the burmese pants was a joke. Get it? Hiss my pants? You were supposed to laugh darnit! On the other hand just like others have posted....If the snake are going to be killed, then by all means let somebody wear them. Yeah it is a sad thing that these snakes have to be killed. At least we are not adventuring out in THIER habitat and killing them. Florida belongs to the aligators not burmese pythons. I totally agree with this hunt and support the scientist with thier decisions. It sure beats the ban!! It would cost our over extended government to much to send these animals home alive. I also really like the fact that there is professionals involved in this. Greg will set the number straight that these snakes causing the harm are not ball pythons.

12. The Following User Says Thank You to twistedtails For This Useful Post:

hoax (07-22-2009)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Ben Biscy View Post
    i was under the impression the herpetologist was going to be deciding what to do with captured specimens. killing or keeping, it's up to them.
    I'd imagen a few "special" burms will be kept. Who knows, Florida line burms may be the next big thing and I bet a couple there could be a few new mutations that could come out of those lines.

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast