Vote for BP.Net for the 2013 Forum of the Year! Click here for more info.

» Site Navigation

» Home
 > FAQ

» Online Users: 3,018

0 members and 3,018 guests
No Members online
Most users ever online was 6,337, 01-24-2020 at 04:30 AM.

» Today's Birthdays

None

» Stats

Members: 75,112
Threads: 248,551
Top Poster: JLC (31,651)
Welcome to our newest member, NxtGenExotics
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    BPnet Veteran
    Thanks

Re: USARK supports a Python hunt

Does anyone know if there is anything being done about burm eggs? They pose as much of a threat as the burms themselves once they hatch and have the potential to grow into a giant.
    Ryan
    1.0 Red Tail Boa- Sylvester
    0.0.1 Albino Banana Cal King- Tweetie

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by the_Ryno View Post
    Does anyone know if there is anything being done about burm eggs? They pose as much of a threat as the burms themselves once they hatch and have the potential to grow into a giant.

well thats something that they must take care of, though i read an article that said that alligators eat away a lot of baby burms
    1.0 Normal ball python
    and my other animals 1.1 dogs

BG and Skiploder fan

Thanks

My local newspaper has pic of greg and the story in it as well. Its a good PR stunt IMO at the very least.
    Coolluigi007
    0.1 Pastel Pos Het Orange Ghost, 2.1 Pastel, 1.0 Mojave Pos Het Orange Ghost, 3.0 Yellowbelly, 1.0 100 % Het Pied, 0.8 50% Het Pied, 3.10 Normal, 0.2 100% Het Orange Ghost, 0.2 Spider, 1.2 100% Het VPI Axanthic... and soon to be more. *fingers crossed*

Old enough to remember. Freakie_frog's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,884 Times in 2,148 Posts
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by coolluigi007 View Post
    My local newspaper has pic of greg and the story in it as well. Its a good PR stunt IMO at the very least.
    We can use all the good PR we can get..
    When you've got 10,000 people trying to do the same thing, why would you want to be number 10,001? ~ Mark Cuban
    "for the discerning collector"

Thanks

"Permitted individuals are free to take the specimens or euthanize them on site at their discretion."

Honestly I think that killing of a species we deem as invasive is ignorant always have and this is not just the case of snakes. I believe that an animal that can survive in an environment should be allowed to they further develop North America's weak ecosystem and help natural selection in the areas they establish themselves in. I know they were introduced improperly however this is the case with many non native plants and animals that end up becoming a positive change in the ecosystem. Humans have always wanted to control the earth and the ecosystem and we will eventually be the most negative impact on it ironically.

/end rant.
    -Cliff-
    SulfurPythons.com -COMING SOON-

Thanks
    Thanked 2,221 Times in 1,151 Posts

Cliff, I think you're dead wrong. Invasive species destroy our native species which have developed especially for the ecosystem that's here. Not only that, but why should we allow one introduced species destroy all the ones here, just because it can? Several species of bird are on the brink of extinction because of rats in certain areas. So we should just shrug and say "Oh well" and lose those birds forever, because rats are better at living?

For all your touting that humans are the worst thing on the planet, you're certainly not advocating helping the planet in any way by that post.
    Theresa Baker
    No Legs and More
    Florida, USA
    "Stop being a wimpy monkey,; bare some teeth, steal some food and fling poo with the alphas. "

Thanks

w00t. I concur. I think euthanizing feral burms is a great idea, and a necessary one. It is unfortunate, but definitely necessary. I LIKE my collection, and I dont want to lose it because of the irresponsible snake keepers that introduced these guys into the wild. Hurricane Andrew didnt help either. For the sake of our hobby and our NATURAL eco-system, the burms must die. To think otherwise is to look at the situation in a jaded manner...yeah we all love snakes but these snakes in the Everglades are a threat to too many things at the same time. I dont want to lose my collection or not be able to breed my collection because of im sympathetic towards some wild snakes, do you?
    ]

Thanks

Can somebody tell me where USARK came from and when? I had never heard of them before the HR669 stuff started. Are they a 501(c)3 not for profit group? I can't seem to find that on their site. They have at least 1 person on their leadership team that I personally wouldn't associate myself or my organization with. But I suppose if they are trying to do some good then that's great.

9. The Following User Says Thank You to jglass38 For This Useful Post:

josh@outbackreps (07-21-2009)

Thanks
    Thanked 5,584 Times in 3,092 Posts
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by jglass38 View Post
    Can somebody tell me where USARK came from and when? I had never heard of them before the HR669 stuff started. Are they a 501(c)3 not for profit group? I can't seem to find that on their site. They have at least 1 person on their leadership team that I personally wouldn't associate myself or my organization with. But I suppose if they are trying to do some good then that's great.
    They were started by the same people who ran NCARK http://www.ncark.org/, and are an offshoot of them. I had heard of them before HR669, but I can't remember when they started it - I think Reptile Radio had them on before HR669 but I'd have to look at archives.

I think I know who that one person is that you're referring to, and I was not aware of their affiliation until HR669.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by rabernet View Post
    They were started by the same people who ran NCARK http://www.ncark.org/, and are an offshoot of them. I had heard of them before HR669, but I can't remember when they started it - I think Reptile Radio had them on before HR669 but I'd have to look at archives.

I think I know who that one person is that you're referring to, and I was not aware of their affiliation until HR669.
    Im all for any group out to protect our rights as reptile owners. I just can't support this group because of that affiliation...

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast