Vote for BP.Net for the 2013 Forum of the Year! Click here for more info.

» Site Navigation

» Home
 > FAQ

» Online Users: 3,340

2 members and 3,338 guests
Most users ever online was 6,337, 01-24-2020 at 04:30 AM.

» Today's Birthdays

None

» Stats

Members: 75,100
Threads: 248,542
Top Poster: JLC (31,651)
Welcome to our newest member, Scott L.
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: ownership?

Thanks
    Thanked 2,795 Times in 1,171 Posts

Re: ownership?

Quote Originally Posted by wilomn View Post
    I'm curious.

What experience do you have with which species?
    Quote Originally Posted by Zoomie View Post
    Well my experience with conda's are not extremely vast i will admit. I have a little experience with a green male that a pet store owner I knew had and he was not the best attitude snake to learn but we did alright. I have not messedwith yellows that much and thought that the species agressivness came across on both greens and yellow which I am happy to hear is not true. I am so happy with all the info you guys are giving me as this will make it easier for us to decide wetehr he should go ahead with his plans. As far as living space. he has enough space and no other sig others to worry about. he has the income possibel to achieve porper care and whatever he lacks I wouldhappily pick up to make sure a snake is properly taken care of. As far as handling an agressive snake I myself and my brother are happy to do it. we both look at that as a challenge to approach with patience and care to the snake. I love handling mean snakes and tohave them alot tamer in the end no matter the pain it may cause me because it makes me feel like I am doing something good. Hopefully that answers your quest
    Do you see where the communication thing is not working here?

You NEVER answer directly.

People who never answer directly are either hiding something or don't want the answers to be known or just don't know and don't want it known that they don't know.
    I may not be very smart, but what if I am?
    Stinky says, "Women should be obscene but not heard." Stinky is one smart man.
    www.humanewatch.org

Thanks
    Thanked 3,727 Times in 1,257 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Zoomie View Post
    Well my experience with conda's are not extremely vast i will admit. I have a little experience with a green male that a pet store owner I knew had and he was not the best attitude snake to learn but we did alright. I have not messedwith yellows that much and thought that the species agressivness came across on both greens and yellow which I am happy to hear is not true. I am so happy with all the info you guys are giving me as this will make it easier for us to decide wetehr he should go ahead with his plans. As far as living space. he has enough space and no other sig others to worry about. he has the income possibel to achieve porper care and whatever he lacks I wouldhappily pick up to make sure a snake is properly taken care of. As far as handling an agressive snake I myself and my brother are happy to do it. we both look at that as a challenge to approach with patience and care to the snake. I love handling mean snakes and tohave them alot tamer in the end no matter the pain it may cause me because it makes me feel like I am doing something good. Hopefully that answers your quest
    You posts are making my head hurt.

Why not have your "brother" post here? Or is he the "co-worker" with the lazy burm?

Thanks

heh. Nah he is at work in a fine metal refinery. I don't have internet at my house till monday and he does not have net yet as he just started the job two days ago. I will just have him post asking questions monday then. Thanks for the info though guys. I really appreciate it and I am sure he will say the same when he posts.

Thanks
    Thanked 2,140 Times in 1,556 Posts
    Blog Entries

I bought my yellow as a baby, and she's a sweetheart. I purchased mine from Matt Crews(VictoryReptiles) and i'm 100% satisfied.
    -Venomous-

1.0 - Naja siamensis - Zeus (Black & White Spitting Cobra)
    1.0 - Naja n. woodi - Hades (Black Spitting Cobra)
    0.1 - Naja nigricollis - Athena (Black-necked Spitting Cobra)

coming at some point in the future
    Naja annulata (Ringed Water Cobra)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by wilomn View Post
    I'm curious.

What experience do you have with which species?
    P. reticulatus: 6 specimens. Babies to a 16' rescue with pneumonia.

P. sebae sebae: 2 specimens. 1 hatchling and one 8 footer.

E. murinus: 1 specimen. hatchling to 11 feet.

E. notaeus: 2 specimens. Rescued 8 footer and my current baby obtained as a newborn 3 years ago, now around 10 foot or so.

P. molurus bivittatus: Many specimens. First to prove out the "puzzle" pattern as the co-dom for granite in '96. Many of Corey Woods' albino granites and granites back in the late 90's came from my stock...

Chris

My entire collection was surrendered to friends back in '99 in an attempt to save my marriage. Didn't work. Will never do it again...
    "That cute little lizard in the pet shop will, in a few short years, become an enormous, ferocious carnivore; capable of breaking the family cat's neck in a single snap and swallowing it whole." - Daniel Bennett

passion.herp
    passionherp.com
    info@passionherp.com
    facebook.com/passion.herp

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12