Vote for BP.Net for the 2013 Forum of the Year! Click here for more info.

» Site Navigation

» Home
 > FAQ

» Online Users: 3,060

0 members and 3,060 guests
No Members online
Most users ever online was 6,337, 01-24-2020 at 04:30 AM.

» Today's Birthdays

» Stats

Members: 75,103
Threads: 248,542
Top Poster: JLC (31,651)
Welcome to our newest member, Michaelmcalvey
Page 8 of 12 FirstFirst 123456789101112 LastLast
    Thanks

Re: Sellers, take care Kristy1277

Matt, I think you're right.

A lot of the same stuff is being said over and over, and I feel I've done a pretty good job explaining both myself and the situation. Any further answers that are required can likely be found in posts I've already made. Thanks, everyone, for either your support or your advice, whichever you offered.

I will do Kris the courtesy of a direct reply to any questions she has, should she end up also posting here, but otherwise, I'm out for now. Peace.
    http://www.ball-pythons.net/forums/signaturepics/sigpic6096_1.gif
    Quote Originally Posted by BT41042 View Post
    Your going to Hell

Thanks

Angry Re: Sellers, take care Kristy1277

Wow Jessica I really didn't think that you would be so low as to start a threat about me. I am just shocked! As I explained to you in my emails, the egg is in bad shape. I dont want to move an egg from an incubator! I also reminded you that you TOLD me when I bought the snakes that there was a slim possibility the snakes were gravid and yet you STILL sold them??!! As for these "discounts" she is insisting she gave me, I bought a snake rack, rat rack at her asking prices. I bought like 15 rodent cages of off her at her asking price of $5 each because I bought all of them. The ONLY thing that I got a discount on was Herpstat, ONLY because I only had $50 left on me rather than the $60 she was asking. I didn't ask for a discount, she just said "ok" when I told her I only had $50 left. She is freaking out because I got "free" water bottles, yet I felt they came with the cages....I feel that I have been misrepresented here.

Also another thing, her snakes are kept in disgusting conditions. I was shocked when she showed me her rack and snakes. All her snakes are kept like 3-4 snakes per 32qt tubs. Every time we (a friend and I) went to her house, her snakes she showed us were covered in urine and smelled so bad. The snakes are skinny and small for their ages. I will not willingly give her another snake to put in those conditions. Thank you for listening to my side....
    -Kris
    ~~Kris Hardy
    See my collection ---> www.iherp.com/fizzgig77
    www.klhreptiles.com

3. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to KLHReptiles For This Useful Post:

mooingtricycle (07-16-2009),twisted007 (01-18-2010)

Old enough to remember. Freakie_frog's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,884 Times in 2,148 Posts
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by kristy1277 View Post
    Wow Jessica I really didn't think that you would be so low as to start a threat about me. I am just shocked! As I explained to you in my emails, the egg is in bad shape. I dont want to move an egg from an incubator! I also reminded you that you TOLD me when I bought the snakes that there was a slim possibility the snakes were gravid and yet you STILL sold them??!! As for these "discounts" she is insisting she gave me, I bought a snake rack, rat rack at her asking prices. I bought like 15 rodent cages of off her at her asking price of $5 each because I bought all of them. The ONLY thing that I got a discount on was Herpstat, ONLY because I only had $50 left on me rather than the $60 she was asking. I didn't ask for a discount, she just said "ok" when I told her I only had $50 left. She is freaking out because I got "free" water bottles, yet I felt they came with the cages....I feel that I have been misrepresented here.

Also another thing, her snakes are kept in disgusting conditions. I was shocked when she showed me her rack and snakes. All her snakes are kept like 3-4 snakes per 32qt tubs. Every time we (a friend and I) went to her house, her snakes she showed us were covered in urine and smelled so bad. The snakes are skinny and small for their ages. I will not willingly give her another snake to put in those conditions. Thank you for listening to my side....
    -Kris
    As Paul Harvey said.. And that my friends is....the rest of the story.

Kris thank you for posting your side of things.
    Last edited by Freakie_frog; 07-16-2009 at 11:46 AM.
    When you've got 10,000 people trying to do the same thing, why would you want to be number 10,001? ~ Mark Cuban
    "for the discerning collector"

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Morphie View Post
    She didn't seriously low-ball me either, for the record. She nickel-and-dimed me on already painfully low prices after I lowered them again already, at what felt like was every opportunity. It was almost insulting, but like I said, I'm a sucker, and it's important to me to be helpful when I can.
    This is ridiculous Jessica! Would you also say my friend who was with me "nickle and dimed" you? She also bought snakes at the exact same prices that I bought my 2 at. You are sounding irrational and are mad because I won't give you back the egg. You were selling large snakes for $75 (which I paid for Hope), and $60 for the smaller adults (which I paid for Lady).....

And as for "fighting" with my friend over a water bottle, we were just playing around. We always do that...because we are friend yet competitors.....its just good play......
    ~~Kris Hardy
    www.klhreptiles.com

Thanks

*friend = friends

Sorry I am just very upset that I have to continue this arguement....now on a forum rather than emails with Jessica.

About her fire that died, she didnt mention the specifics. She told us that her fire died, we asked how. She said she didnt know how he died BUT only noticed that he was dead because she noticed a SMELL. I mean...come on!! What snake owner doesn't check their snakes almost every day? How long does a snake have to be dead before you notice a stench? Weeks possibly.......???
    ~~Kris Hardy
    www.klhreptiles.com

Do I get Paid for this??? LadyOhh's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,115 Times in 1,073 Posts
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by kristy1277 View Post
    About her fire that died, she didnt mention the specifics. She told us that her fire died, we asked how. She said she didnt know how he died BUT only noticed that he was dead because she noticed a SMELL. I mean...come on!! What snake owner doesn't check their snakes almost every day? How long does a snake have to be dead before you notice a stench? Weeks possibly.......???
    No, it can happen within a few hours if the heat is high.
    Heather Wong
    I AM the Wonginator
    Heather's Herps Website
    READ MY BLOG!!!
    Balls for Life, Baby!!!

Thanks
    Thanked 2,795 Times in 1,171 Posts

I find it very interesting, and quite telling, that in spite of these terrible conditions the snakes were kept in, too crowded, urine and feces, etc. you still purchased them.

Seems to me that someone of your undoubted intelligence would not spend a bent nickle on a snake that was not 100% healthy. Perhaps compassion was the motivating factor. Was it the kindness of your heart, crying out that these poor innocent creatures needed to be rescued? Was it your overwhelming desire to help those in need that had you make "several" trips out to see these snakes and cages?

Why, a commendation for kindness should be yours, and surely will be coming from some, because it's obvious that you had no motive other than the simple need to help fellow sufferers on this hoop of life, those poor snakes.

Unless of course you are simply a money grubbing pennypinching found a steal and got an even better price because the seller needed to sell and that makes it even better for you, read profit profit profit, because in that spot where most humans have a heart you have a tiny blackened cinder of coal that may once have actually pumped human blood but now feeds off carrion and those near death, too weak to fight you off.

I mean, I figure it must be one or the other. Right.
    I may not be very smart, but what if I am?
    Stinky says, "Women should be obscene but not heard." Stinky is one smart man.
    www.humanewatch.org

9. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to wilomn For This Useful Post:

blackcrystal22 (07-16-2009),littleindiangirl (07-16-2009),wolfy-hound (07-16-2009)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by wilomn View Post
    I find it very interesting, and quite telling, that in spite of these terrible conditions the snakes were kept in, too crowded, urine and feces, etc. you still purchased them.

Seems to me that someone of your undoubted intelligence would not spend a bent nickle on a snake that was not 100% healthy. Perhaps compassion was the motivating factor. Was it the kindness of your heart, crying out that these poor innocent creatures needed to be rescued? Was it your overwhelming desire to help those in need that had you make "several" trips out to see these snakes and cages?

Why, a commendation for kindness should be yours, and surely will be coming from some, because it's obvious that you had no motive other than the simple need to help fellow sufferers on this hoop of life, those poor snakes.

Unless of course you are simply a money grubbing pennypinching found a steal and got an even better price because the seller needed to sell and that makes it even better for you, read profit profit profit, because in that spot where most humans have a heart you have a tiny blackened cinder of coal that may once have actually pumped human blood but now feeds off carrion and those near death, too weak to fight you off.

I mean, I figure it must be one or the other. Right.
    Her original advertisement was for the snake rack and rat rack, total price asked was $75 & $100 which I paid, didn't talk her down. She was offering female adult snakes for $100 each, I didn't have anymore money to buy any that night. And that was that....

My friend emails me to say Jessica emails her to say she was now offering her snakes at reduced prices..$75 for large, $60 for small. I did NOT talk her down on snake prices...these were her prices that she emailed my friend with. So we both go over to look at them. She brings down like 10+ snakes, all smelly and soaking wet. We both then buy a couple snakes each, this is also the night I bought the Herpstat, but I was $10 short. She didn't have to sell me the Herpstat but she wanted it gone. We bought the biggest and healthiest snakes. Jessica did not even know which snake was which, who ate what, or how often, she was clueless. My friend who does not want to get involved bought 5 snakes, 2 of which were skin and bones, and she ended up returning them. Honestly we wanted to buy ALL her snakes after discovering what kind of conditions they were living in.

Jessica needed to sell all her snake stuff...plain and simple...My friend and I bought alot of her stuff and helped her out. Eventually she was was telling my friend to just take stuff off her hands, like an incubator. I am not a heartless person that is why I am making this decision. I cannot find it in my heart to willingly put another snake in her hands right now with the living conditions she currently has.....
    ~~Kris Hardy
    www.klhreptiles.com

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by wilomn View Post
    Yesterday I saw a nice animal the owner was having to sell at what I consider a bargan basement price because they were no longer able to keep the animal. I considered buying it, but it was bought before I made my mind up. I guess this makes me a money grubbing, pennypinching, heart of coal? Or just smart? I wonder???

12. The Following User Says Thank You to tonkatoyman For This Useful Post:

KLHReptiles (07-16-2009)

Thanks

I'm confused Kris, first you said that when you saw the animals in the rack in such poor conditions you felt the need to "save" them, but in another post you said when she brought them down to you that you saw them and wanted to buy them because of the poor condition they were in. Why accuse her of poor husbandry if you can't even get your story straight? And why buy an animal just because its cheap when you can get healthy ones for the same or a bit more elsewhere?
    ~Alli

Page 8 of 12 FirstFirst 123456789101112 LastLast