Vote for BP.Net for the 2013 Forum of the Year! Click here for more info.

» Site Navigation

» Home
 > FAQ

» Online Users: 3,099

5 members and 3,094 guests
Most users ever online was 6,337, 01-24-2020 at 04:30 AM.

» Today's Birthdays

» Stats

Members: 75,103
Threads: 248,542
Top Poster: JLC (31,651)
Welcome to our newest member, Michaelmcalvey
Page 4 of 12 FirstFirst 123456789101112 LastLast
    Thanks

Re: Sellers, take care Kristy1277

As a recovering pushover, I appreciate threads like this. I think it was worded fine, and I know that Kristy will likely make good on pre-agreed upon terms, but I'd like to know these kinds of things, so I can be prepared for people like this before I invite them to my house to make me any offers. Morphie was probably kicking herself after she agreed to each lowball or free offer, which isn't Kristy's fault, but then to not see any of the kindness returned when asked is just another blow. I know Kristy didn't rip anybody off, but it's still a situation that I'm glad to see spelled out here so sellers can be prepared to stick to their predetermined, already low prices, knowing that she's going to be in your face asking you to give her huge discounts.
    What are these mojavas I keep hearing so much about?

J. W. Exotics

Reptile Incubators

2. The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to PythonWallace For This Useful Post:

blackcrystal22 (07-16-2009),llovelace (07-14-2009),matt71915 (07-14-2009),monk90222 (07-14-2009),Morphie (07-14-2009),Patrick Long (07-14-2009),pavlovk1025 (07-15-2009),snakecharmer3638 (07-14-2009)

Thanks

Why are all you admin trying to put her down so much?

If this were all of YOU in this situation.....you would be pulling the same cards.

4. The Following User Says Thank You to Patrick Long For This Useful Post:

matt71915 (07-14-2009)

Thanks
    Thanked 5,584 Times in 3,092 Posts
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by matt71915 View Post
    correct me if im wrong but it sounds like your saying its a bad thing to be a good person. There needs to be more people in the world like that, she just needs to learn to say no, only give discounts to return customers or friends.
    There's nothing wrong with being a good person. Nothing at all. I've given away snakes to several people to give them a hand up, or replace an animal that they've lost. I've done this privately, with no need to be publically acknowledged for it. Only the people who I gave those snakes to, and I know about it, and the details. I expect absolutely NOTHING in return from any of the people who received these animals (and kindness) from me.

It becomes less an issue of being a good person and more of an issue of being self-serving when you use that kindess as a sort of "blackmail" because someone didn't return the kindness to your satisfaction and then run to a forum to "report" just how your kindness wasn't reciprocated. It makes one question the genuineness of the original kindness.

I wonder if Kristy had known that the kindnessess would be thrown back up in her face at a later date, if she would have gone through with the transaction. She hasn't presented her side of the story, so who knows?

Morphie, did you send Kristy a link to this thread so that she can respond?

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by rabernet View Post
    So then this post was your way to "give back" to her, so to speak?

No, and I'm not sure how you got that out of what I said.

She didn't seriously low-ball me either, for the record. She nickel-and-dimed me on already painfully low prices after I lowered them again already, at what felt like was every opportunity. It was almost insulting, but like I said, I'm a sucker, and it's important to me to be helpful when I can.
    http://www.ball-pythons.net/forums/signaturepics/sigpic6096_1.gif
    Quote Originally Posted by BT41042 View Post
    Your going to Hell

Thanks
    Thanked 5,584 Times in 3,092 Posts
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Patrick Long View Post
    If this were all of YOU in this situation.....you would be pulling the same cards.
    I absolutely would not Patrick. What makes you come to that conclusion?

Old enough to remember. Freakie_frog's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,884 Times in 2,148 Posts
    Blog Entries

There is 100% nothing wrong with being a "Nice" person to do business with. There are loads of people out there that can do both. I think there is a little bit of a preconception about buyer seller/relationship. The items you gave her had nothing to do with her purchase. She purchased the snake and was able to talk you out of some free-bees in the process. She paid the price you were willing to except for a snake who's reproductive condition is your responsiablity to verify (if its that important to you). You were satisfied with both the price and the condition of the snake you sold. Had she gotten a male instead of a female when she paid for a female then that's a mistake that you need to fix. But not knowing if a snakes is gravid when your the one thats been breeding her isn't grounds for requesting the offspring. It's a mistake like mis-sexing, or shipping the wrong animal, as the seller these are mistakes that you have to bare the result of not the buyer.

All the free-bees and discounts were given out of the goodness of your heart however, once her transaction is complete with you she no long is obligated to further your business relationship. You owe her nothing she owes you nothing. The fact that the egg laid is the only offspring from your fire while sentimental to you has nothing to do with her purchase.
    When you've got 10,000 people trying to do the same thing, why would you want to be number 10,001? ~ Mark Cuban
    "for the discerning collector"

Telling it like it is! Stewart_Reptiles's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 20,811 Times in 9,584 Posts
    Blog Entries

Is it sad that you lost your fire? Yes………………..Are you entitled to anything once the transaction is completed and both parties are satisfied * with the said transaction? No

*And you were both satisfied until a clutch was laid.

Now if you have had a contract stipulating that the female was sold as gravid and that once eggs had hatched the clutch should be split that would be a whole other story.

A business deal is business deal whether dealing with big guys or small time breeders, and an act of kindness is an act of kindness which means nothing should be expected in return.
    Deborah Stewart

10. The Following User Says Thank You to Stewart_Reptiles For This Useful Post:

mooingtricycle (07-16-2009)

Thanks

________
    ____JOSHUA____
    ______
    ROCK CHALK JAYHAWK GO KU!!

Kansas City Chiefs

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by rabernet View Post
    Morphie, did you send Kristy a link to this thread so that she can respond?
    No. Please feel free.

Scenario, Robin. A person you gave a snake to, to be nice to them: Turns out you gave them the wrong one. Happens to be your very first snake ever, one that you really really cared for and was your ultimate treasure. Maybe it's just a normal, but it was sentimentally very special to you.

You write to that person: Hi, i accidentally put my snakes in the wrong drawer and you got my special one. Would you be willing to swap me?

They write back: no. Sorry, you should have thought about that.

Would you not feel slighted? Hurt? Like people should perhaps be warned not to extend special favors to this person, so that no one else has to feel as awful as you do?
    http://www.ball-pythons.net/forums/signaturepics/sigpic6096_1.gif
    Quote Originally Posted by BT41042 View Post
    Your going to Hell

Thanks

I think a lot of people are being a little harsh on Morphie. She used the forum appropriately to air out something she is hurt about. She has every right to feel hurt. Unfortunately, a lot of the time, people suck. I'm a bit jaded so I generally believe that in business people are out to screw you and I hope in the end I am proven wrong. I do agree though that just because you do something for someone doesn't mean the good deed needs to be reciprocated. Be wary of people who continually nickel and dime you. Nothing will ever be enough for them and in the end you may end up feeling taken.

14. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to jglass38 For This Useful Post:

Entropy (11-18-2009),Morphie (07-14-2009),Patrick Long (07-14-2009),Rakk101 (07-15-2009)

Page 4 of 12 FirstFirst 123456789101112 LastLast