Vote for BP.Net for the 2013 Forum of the Year! Click here for more info.

» Site Navigation

» Home
 > FAQ

» Online Users: 2,918

0 members and 2,918 guests
No Members online
Most users ever online was 6,337, 01-24-2020 at 04:30 AM.

» Today's Birthdays

» Stats

Members: 75,103
Threads: 248,543
Top Poster: JLC (31,651)
Welcome to our newest member, Michaelmcalvey
Page 2 of 12 FirstFirst 1234567891011 ... LastLast
    Thanks

Re: Sellers, take care Kristy1277

Quote Originally Posted by frankykeno View Post
    I don't think you should be referring to someone else's "talksdowns" after you are publically calling another person out with some pretty negative terms yourself.
    By talk-downs, i mean that almost every time she bought something from me, she asked me to take 5, 10 dollars off the price, even if it was already priced well below resale value. She bought thermostats, racks, snakes, and cages from me.
    http://www.ball-pythons.net/forums/signaturepics/sigpic6096_1.gif
    Quote Originally Posted by BT41042 View Post
    Your going to Hell

Thanks
    Thanked 5,584 Times in 3,092 Posts
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Morphie View Post
    Does she have to give me the egg? No. Should she? Yes, because even if it's a boring male normal, it would mean infinitely more to me to hatch and keep him than it would for her. She chooses not to, and that's fine, but it's really lame of her considering the kindness I offered when she needed it.

Yes, it's emotional, and that is what this thread is about. The business end of everything is fine, but don't let your emotions get involved with this girl, because she will not reciprocate or take care of yours, should you be the one in need.
    I don't agree that she "should" give you the egg either though. Again, your opinion is driven by emotion. You posted this as a warning to other sellers. A warning not to get emotionally invested in Kristy? A business transaction should have nothing to do with hurt feelings. You were under no obligation to give her breaks, and if those breaks came with conditions, you should have made those conditions clear at the time of making the deal.

Would it be a nice thing to do? Sure. But she doesn't have to, nor "should" she.

Thanks
    Blog Entries

The more I think about it, I can't imagine any breeder selling an animal, then contacting the buyer at a later date and saying "I bred the female you bought to a snake that just died, so now I think you should send me the egg/offspring".

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by rabernet View Post
    I don't agree that she "should" give you the egg either though. Again, your opinion is driven by emotion. You posted this as a warning to other sellers. A warning not to get emotionally invested in Kristy? A business transaction should have nothing to do with hurt feelings. You were under no obligation to give her breaks, and if those breaks came with conditions, you should have made those conditions clear at the time of making the deal.

Would it be a nice thing to do? Sure. But she doesn't have to, nor "should" she.
    Morphie is just trying to warn anyone that does business with her not to expect any sympathy back if you give her some.

5. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to matt71915 For This Useful Post:

Entropy (11-18-2009),HypoPita (07-14-2009)

Thanks

The more I think about it, I can't imagine any breeder selling an animal, then contacting the buyer at a later date and saying "I bred the female you bought to a snake that just died, so now I think you should send me the egg/offspring".
    she contacted me, to tell me a clutch had been laid and ask what had the snake been bred to. She told me she was unprepared for it, and that she didn't think it would survive. I wrote back and gave her the requested info, and then asked for the unexpected egg, as it would mean a lot to me.

I understand what you're saying, and right now I regret that I ever cut her any slack. I guess i should change the warning to : sellers, never do anything nice for someone, because if you ever need anything nice back from them, it will hurt all the worse when they inevitably decline, and you will feel very taken-for-granted.
    Your going to Hell

Thanks

This was also not as formal of a transaction as you are probably used to, since you tend to buy from the bigger guys. This is small-hobbyist to small-hobbyist, and the relationships tend to be a bit more casual and personal when these transactions take place.
    Your going to Hell

Thanks

she contacted me, to tell me a clutch had been laid and ask what had the snake been bred to. She told me she was unprepared for it, and that she didn't think it would survive. I wrote back and gave her the requested info, and then asked for the unexpected egg, as it would mean a lot to me.

I understand what you're saying, and right now I regret that I ever cut her any slack. I guess i should change the warning to : sellers, never do anything nice for someone, because if you ever need anything nice back from them, it will hurt all the worse when they inevitably decline, and you will feel very taken-for-granted.
    Now I have to say something. You appear to be a very generous person. Stay that way. There aren't enough nice people left in the world already.
    The only mistake you made was in assuming every one else should think the way you do. They don't, sorry

9. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to tonkatoyman For This Useful Post:

2kdime (07-14-2009),aureptiles (01-29-2010),HypoPita (07-14-2009),TheOtherLeadingBrand (07-14-2009)

Thanks

I have a suggestion. If the animal means that much to you why not call her up and offer to buy her a replacement animal. If it hatches out fire, offer her a fire for fire swap. If it is a normal offer to buy it from her.
    Last edited by tonkatoyman; 07-14-2009 at 02:45 PM. Reason: added words for clarity

Thanks
    Blog Entries

This was also not as formal of a transaction as you are probably used to, since you tend to buy from the bigger guys. This is small-hobbyist to small-hobbyist, and the relationships tend to be a bit more casual and personal when these transactions take place.
    I'm a small hobbyist - I've done business with other small hobbiests. I've even done breeding loans with other small hobbiest FRIENDS, and our personal relationships are very casual - however, we have 2 and 3 page long contracts that spells out EVERYTHING so that nothing is mis-understood about our agreement and expectations are clearly laid out.

If you did things for her out of the goodness of your heart, then true altruism does not ever measure the level of "goodness" given back to them, nor keep score.

Does it suck? Sure it does. Does it warrant a warning to others not to do business with her? Absolutely not.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by tonkatoyman View Post
    Now I have to say something. You appear to be a very generous person. Stay that way.
    I couldn't help it if i wanted. I might as well just go get my SUCKER tattoo right now.

What do you think? Forehead so they can read it when they meet me? Chest so they can read it when I give them my shirt? Or back, so they can read it when they stab me?

(i know that's a little extreme - i feel incredibly crappy and cynical right now. Sorry.)
    Your going to Hell

Page 2 of 12 FirstFirst 1234567891011 ... LastLast