Vote for BP.Net for the 2013 Forum of the Year! Click here for more info.

» Site Navigation

» Home
 > FAQ

» Online Users: 3,307

1 members and 3,306 guests
Most users ever online was 6,337, 01-24-2020 at 04:30 AM.

» Today's Birthdays

None

» Stats

Members: 75,097
Threads: 248,541
Top Poster: JLC (31,651)
Welcome to our newest member, Travism91
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Need a license?

Thanks

Need a license?

So within the next year or so I would like to become a BP breeder. I have two BPs at the moment that I plan on breeding, but what came across my head was if I needed a license to be able to breed BPs and sell the babies (well.. once I get them their first or second meal). I live in Arizona, and I'm not sure what the laws are for breeding snakes, so I'm going to need a little help. Plus, do I need a license to keep the reptiles I have? I currently own 8 reptiles; 6 snakes, 1 Giant Leopard gecko, and 1 Red Eared slider. Is that over the limit?
    Tiff'z Morphz

Thanks
    Thanked 1,074 Times in 888 Posts

Re: Need a license?

Quote Originally Posted by BallPythonLOVER View Post
    So within the next year or so I would like to become a BP breeder. I have two BPs at the moment that I plan on breeding, but what came across my head was if I needed a license to be able to breed BPs and sell the babies (well.. once I get them their first or second meal). I live in Arizona, and I'm not sure what the laws are for breeding snakes, so I'm going to need a little help. Plus, do I need a license to keep the reptiles I have? I currently own 8 reptiles; 6 snakes, 1 Giant Leopard gecko, and 1 Red Eared slider. Is that over the limit?
    Well at this time you do not need any license to keep or breed.Now if this crap to stop us from having or selling reptiles gets passed then you will NOT be allowed to breed any reptiles period ..So pray we stop theme from passing this law!!
    Joe Haggard

Do I get Paid for this??? LadyOhh's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,115 Times in 1,073 Posts
    Blog Entries

How old are you, first off?

I ask this because if you are a minor, you will need parental permission.

As for your State permits, you will have to do you own research. It depends on your State, and also in the town you live in.
    Heather Wong
    I AM the Wonginator
    Heather's Herps Website
    READ MY BLOG!!!
    Balls for Life, Baby!!!

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by LadyOhh View Post
    How old are you, first off?

I ask this because if you are a minor, you will need parental permission.

As for your State permits, you will have to do you own research. It depends on your State, and also in the town you live in.
    I'm 13, turning 14 on November 1st. I won't be breeding until next year though, and my mom (I mostly live with her since my parents are divorced and all of my reptiles are at her house) says it's fine if I want to breed. She's actually excited for the breeding. My dad doesn't really care, he just tells me do what I want if I'm happy with it and I'm definitely happy with breeding I'll for sure do some research right now to find out the laws on breedings and advertising/selling the babies.
    Tiff'z Morphz

Thanks

great question on breeding, but idk...

1.1 Het Albino BP
    1.0 Banded king
    1.1 Amelanistic Het Anerythristic Corns
    1.1 Het Albino Western Hognose
    0.1 Garter

Thanks

i was going to ask this becuase when im around 16 (nextyear) i plan on breeding, since i only have 1 bp plan on geting a spider and pastel, hope my parent would let me,
    0.1 Normal Ball Python

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by ItsMichael805 View Post
    i was going to ask this becuase when im around 16 (nextyear) i plan on breeding, since i only have 1 bp plan on geting a spider and pastel, hope my parent would let me,
    Ya I think you would enjoy breeding, I just can't wait to start. I'm trying to find laws that include breeding snakes and advertising/selling them. Not sure if there are any at the moment.. but I'll keep looking.
    Tiff'z Morphz

Thanks

i hope not cuz then it would crush my dream, if there were i would keep it hidden
    0.1 Normal Ball Python

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by ItsMichael805 View Post
    i hope not cuz then it would crush my dream, if there were i would keep it hidden
    Lol I would probably do the same. I just hope no laws stop me from doing what I really want to, and that's breeding and keeping BPs.
    Tiff'z Morphz

Thanks
    Thanked 5,584 Times in 3,092 Posts
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by BallPythonLOVER View Post
    I'm 13, turning 14 on November 1st. I won't be breeding until next year though, and my mom (I mostly live with her since my parents are divorced and all of my reptiles are at her house) says it's fine if I want to breed. She's actually excited for the breeding. My dad doesn't really care, he just tells me do what I want if I'm happy with it and I'm definitely happy with breeding I'll for sure do some research right now to find out the laws on breedings and advertising/selling the babies.
    Keep in mind that most buyers will be hesitant to purchase from a minor, because a contract (sale) with a minor is non-binding. So, if anything goes wrong with the deal, they have no legal recourse and therefore might not be willing to take the risk. Best to get your parents to become business partners with you until you are 18, so that any potential buyer enters into an agreement with an adult and not a minor.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast