Vote for BP.Net for the 2013 Forum of the Year! Click here for more info.

» Site Navigation

» Home
 > FAQ

» Online Users: 3,270

2 members and 3,268 guests
Most users ever online was 6,337, 01-24-2020 at 04:30 AM.

» Today's Birthdays

None

» Stats

Members: 75,097
Threads: 248,539
Top Poster: JLC (31,651)
Welcome to our newest member, Travism91
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Thanks
    1.0.0 Normal Ball Python, 0.1.0 Albino Ball Python, 1.0.0 Spider Ball Python, 0.1.0 Pastel Ball Python, 1.0.0 Sorong Type Green Tree Python, 0.1.0 Green Iguana, 1.0.0 Whites Tree Frog,

Thanks

Re: UH OH! Government is at it again.

this dude needs to get slammed. 56 unlaid eggs ready to hatch....

Thanks

I heard the after it is passed, it will be revised to exclude any pythons witch they dont find injurous I think that means something good for ball pythons! This is what I found:
    YouTube - HR669 Round 2 (S373)

Apparently, it willl only include the big five, except for the anaconda (it is not a python)
    Kevin

1.0 Normal Ball: Luther
    0.1 Pastel Ball
    1.0 Spider Ball

Thanks

I must say Mr. nelson makes a good point, the only thing he said that i disagree with is that a Burm could take down a Florida panther; that have to be a giant snake to compete with a panther, though i guess still possible. Im sure everyone here can admit that the big pythons like burms, retics, rock pythons and other BIG constrictors do pose a threat to humans, wildlife and the eco-system when introduced to our wilderness; or even when kept as pets by irresponsible keepers.
    Well now they(the government or nelson) wants to ban importation and exportation as well as buying, or breeding. Although I think the MAIN FOCUS here is on BIG snakes not all snakes in general because if that were the case they'd have to assess EVERY SINGLE SPECIES which would take forever; dont worry BP lovers I don't see how any member of congress or biologist can convince anyone that a Ball python is a dangerous invasive species.

In the case of big snakes Permits and chipping doesn't solve the problem because they've already tried that, irresponsible or uninformed people still manage to possess them without permits. So the next step would be to conduct what is trying to be done here with these 2 bills, a complete absolute ban, but would that work? How do you even enforce a ban? Let alone on a species thats in hundreds of homes, that would still pose a potential threat of getting out of their enclosure into the wild. Also just because you ban importation and exportation doesn't mean it will stop, it will just be illegal to do so. I don't think its going to fix the problem of invasive species like the Burmese python thriving in the southern states but would only slow it down... a tad.

Let me make myself clear I AM IN NO WAY IN FAVOR OF NOR APPROVE OF EITHER OF THESE BILLS. I hate the idea of prohibition and regulation no matter the subject. Thing is big snakes & big monitors are posing a threat to our natural environment and their territory is only going to broaden to different states unless something is done; but what cuz i don't know an answer other than to teach the world how to appreciate these animals but at the same time how to properly care for them and show the potential of how big a problem they become when released into the wild.

Let's respond quickly and efficiently to these bills cuz last time with HR669 it was a sloppy mess the message we the Herp World conveyed to the House or Senate or whatever was
    :DONT TAKE OUR SNAKES, DONT TAKE OUR SNAKES
    The Matrix is a system, Neo. That system is our enemy. But when you're inside, you look around, what do you see? Businessmen, teachers, lawyers, carpenters. The very minds of the people we are trying to save. But until we do, these people are still a part of that system and that makes them our enemy. You have to understand, most of these people are not ready to be unplugged. And many of them are so inured, so hopelessly dependent on the system, that they will fight to protect it.

Registered User mrs.twistedtails's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by wilomn View Post
    Is it your government creating that rutt or your fellow lawbreaking friends?

I'm all for privacy but why do you thing those laws and regulations were put in place to begin with? It's not because of the guys doing it right, never having a problem.

It's for the dumbasses, the lowest common denominators, it's for them, or more correctly, because of them, that there is need for regulation at all.

I'm all for ragging on the government but let's do it when it's deserved not when it's a convenient excuse to continue your misbehavior.
    So what you are saying is me keeping my snakes in misbehavior? If they ban them and I keep my snakes should I be condemned? I'm sure 90-98% of people on these forums will not get rid of thier animals, WILL THEY???

Thanks

Call me what you will, but if anyone comes knocking on my door for my snakes they are going to wish they had passed a few more gun laws before hand.
    Chris http://dragcave.net/user/sg1trogdor
    Time for some until I see

7. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to sg1trogdor For This Useful Post:

HypoPita (07-21-2009),mrs.twistedtails (07-15-2009),pythontricker (07-15-2009)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Hock3ymonk3y View Post
    I heard the after it is passed, it will be revised to exclude any pythons witch they dont find injurous I think that means something good for ball pythons! This is what I found:
    YouTube - HR669 Round 2 (S373)

Apparently, it willl only include the big five, except for the anaconda (it is not a python)
    You honestly think they will exclude something from a law they get passed? Laws become more strict most of the time. If they want to exclude certain pythons then why not write the bill like that in the first place.

Lambs to the slaughter, that is what they are hoping for if they are spreading that bogus crap. Instead of passing more laws they need to be enforcing the laws they have. I know it might be hard and will not take care of the problem at hand, but neither will a ban. Hunt these snakes to extinction in the glades and enforce laws harder than what they are now.

Thanks
    Thanked 2,795 Times in 1,171 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by mrs.twistedtails View Post
    So what you are saying is me keeping my snakes in misbehavior? If they ban them and I keep my snakes should I be condemned? I'm sure 90-98% of people on these forums will not get rid of thier animals, WILL THEY???
    Nope. Sort of the opposite in fact.

What I said, in different words, is that the less inclined to think before acting, the ones who use glass tanks for large snakes, who take them out in public just for the attention, who make videos of them eating cute and fuzzy bunnies because it's "natural" are the ones who are responsible for the rest of us who use proper caging, who don't draw unnecessary attention to ourselves, who are smart enough to know that keeping a low profile by NOT doing stupid things, now having to deal with permits and restrictions and all this crap that is going on.
    I may not be very smart, but what if I am?
    Stinky says, "Women should be obscene but not heard." Stinky is one smart man.
    www.humanewatch.org

Registered User mrs.twistedtails's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by wilomn View Post
    Nope. Sort of the opposite in fact.

What I said, in different words, is that the less inclined to think before acting, the ones who use glass tanks for large snakes, who take them out in public just for the attention, who make videos of them eating cute and fuzzy bunnies because it's "natural" are the ones who are responsible for the rest of us who use proper caging, who don't draw unnecessary attention to ourselves, who are smart enough to know that keeping a low profile by NOT doing stupid things, now having to deal with permits and restrictions and all this crap that is going on.
    I agree with you on that Wes. I'm sure 20 people got shot in California last night, and we don't see a ban on guns?? My father-in-law got attacked by a dog the other day while delivering a load of materials to a homeowners house(while working). He got 17 Staples due to it!! STAPLES not stitches!! I guarantee you if it were my 2 year old daughter, she wouldn't have stood a chance against that dog. We don't see a ban on dogs?? I'm sure 100 people overdosed on prescription drugs last night alone, and we don't see a ban on those either?

Thanks

Just keep the "guns" part out of it. Their have been enough useless bans on them as it is.

12. The Following User Says Thank You to DM1975 For This Useful Post:

HypoPita (07-21-2009)

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast