Vote for BP.Net for the 2013 Forum of the Year! Click here for more info.

» Site Navigation

» Home
 > FAQ

» Online Users: 3,185

0 members and 3,185 guests
No Members online
Most users ever online was 6,337, 01-24-2020 at 04:30 AM.

» Today's Birthdays

None

» Stats

Members: 75,096
Threads: 248,539
Top Poster: JLC (31,651)
Welcome to our newest member, eamorris97
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Springfield, Massachusetts, United States
    Thanks

Re: UH OH! Government is at it again.

Pythontricker:

HR2811 is a ban on pythons in general, no selling, trading, etc.... S373 takes it a step further banning importation and exportation... I am pretty sure at some point both bills will become one.

But we all must get ready for another harsh war!
    Jeremy T.
    Owner of J and D Reptiles
    www.janddreptiles.com

2. The Following User Says Thank You to JandDReptiles For This Useful Post:

pythontricker (07-13-2009)

Thanks

why do they care if we have snakes, picture it like cars, people have cars, and accidents happen and kill people i think its kinda like have a snake you dont keep them responsiibally things happen, you dont drive safe you hit someone.
    0.1 Normal Ball Python

Thanks

Dang, and I live in florida too.... ARG@! Alright, its game time lets beat'em!

!!! Its Peanut Butta Jelly T I M E !!!
    My Serpents Den
    • 1.0 Normal - "Mr. Snakey"
    • 1.0 Pastel - "Mojo"
    • 0.1 Spider - "Foxxy Cleopatra"

5. The Following User Says Thank You to Bobsean For This Useful Post:

ItsMichael805 (07-13-2009)

Thanks

Maybe florida should just put a whole bunch of restrictions on burms in particular, maybe people only licensed can sell,breed, and buy burms, signing a contract stating what you know the owner is going to have to deal with, make sure he only has one sex of burmese in his house, all that stuff.Not to be mean but I think florida's burms usually are the cause of these bills popping up.
    Guitars, Reptiles, & Fishing!
    1.3.1 Crested Geckos
    1.0.0 Nu Ana x Moro Leachianus Gecko
    1.0.0 Jungle Carpet Python
    1.0.0 Normal Ball Python
    1.0.0 Bearded Dragon
    & Lots of terrified-snake relatives!

7. The Following User Says Thank You to guambomb832 For This Useful Post:

pythontricker (07-15-2009)

Thanks

I hate to say this, and its not something against the all the people of florida in general, but... This seems to be a problem for florida and florida itself. lol. I mean seriously, I know there are responsible pet keepers in florida, but based on the geography, its ideal for people (irresponsible morons) to let there burms go... Based on our government, its far from ideal. I wish people could just learn these things easier, and further more, earlier than right now, as our beloved hobby is about to be taken away FROM EVERY SINGLE ONE OF US. It just seems our government will always be a strict black and white, never any grey area.
    1.0.0 Normal Ball Python, 0.1.0 Albino Ball Python, 1.0.0 Spider Ball Python, 0.1.0 Pastel Ball Python, 1.0.0 Sorong Type Green Tree Python, 0.1.0 Green Iguana, 1.0.0 Whites Tree Frog,

BPnet Senior Member Mike Cavanaugh's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,022 Times in 458 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by guambomb832 View Post
    Maybe florida should just put a whole bunch of restrictions on burms in particular, maybe people only licensed can sell,breed, and buy burms, signing a contract stating what you know the owner is going to have to deal with, make sure he only has one sex of burmese in his house, all that stuff.Not to be mean but I think florida's burms usually are the cause of these bills popping up.
    They already did and it didn't work. You already have to have a permit in the state of florida to own a burm. this really means nothing tho considering 95% of the people who own them in florida own them illegally.
    Mikey Cavanaugh
    (904) 318-3333

BPnet Senior Member Mike Cavanaugh's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,022 Times in 458 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Mike Cavanaugh View Post
    They already did and it didn't work. You already have to have a permit in the state of florida to own a burm. this really means nothing tho considering 95% of the people who own them in florida own them illegally.
    And correct me if I am wrong here, but when you buy a hatchling at a pet shop, you don't have to show them a permit or anything, because I don't believe you even have to get the permit until they reach a certain size.
    Mikey Cavanaugh
    (904) 318-3333

Thanks

Wether they ban or not, it's not going to stop somebody I know. The government has instated many laws that have not stopped a lot of us from commiting what ever crime it be(for ex. talking on cell phones and driving, speeding, rolling a stop sign). Its just another ticket we'll have to pay. So much for the land of the free, it has now become the land of the fee. The government is creating a big rutt between society and themselves.

Thanks
    Thanked 2,795 Times in 1,171 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by twistedtails View Post
    Wether they ban or not, it's not going to stop somebody I know. The government has instated many laws that have not stopped a lot of us from commiting what ever crime it be(for ex. talking on cell phones and driving, speeding, rolling a stop sign). Its just another ticket we'll have to pay. So much for the land of the free, it has now become the land of the fee. The government is creating a big rutt between society and themselves.
    Is it your government creating that rutt or your fellow lawbreaking friends?

I'm all for privacy but why do you thing those laws and regulations were put in place to begin with? It's not because of the guys doing it right, never having a problem.

It's for the dumbasses, the lowest common denominators, it's for them, or more correctly, because of them, that there is need for regulation at all.

I'm all for ragging on the government but let's do it when it's deserved not when it's a convenient excuse to continue your misbehavior.
    I may not be very smart, but what if I am?
    Stinky says, "Women should be obscene but not heard." Stinky is one smart man.
    www.humanewatch.org

13. The Following User Says Thank You to wilomn For This Useful Post:

DM1975 (07-15-2009)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by twistedtails View Post
    Wether they ban or not, it's not going to stop somebody I know.

Your saying that certain someone is going to be releasing his python into the glades? Or own a snake anyways? Sorry, Im just confused.
    1.0.0 Normal Ball Python, 0.1.0 Albino Ball Python, 1.0.0 Spider Ball Python, 0.1.0 Pastel Ball Python, 1.0.0 Sorong Type Green Tree Python, 0.1.0 Green Iguana, 1.0.0 Whites Tree Frog,

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast