Vote for BP.Net for the 2013 Forum of the Year! Click here for more info.

» Site Navigation

» Home
 > FAQ

» Online Users: 3,296

1 members and 3,295 guests
Most users ever online was 6,337, 01-24-2020 at 04:30 AM.

» Today's Birthdays

None

» Stats

Members: 75,097
Threads: 248,539
Top Poster: JLC (31,651)
Welcome to our newest member, Travism91
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,374 Times in 1,053 Posts

Re: new NC snake law

Quote Originally Posted by Skiploder View Post
    The intent of the bill is to be proactive and head off more HR669-type legislation. Claiming you have an issue with a bill that requires keepers of potentially hazardous animals to act responsibly is silly.
    This will have no impacton HR669-type legislation. HR669 was spawned due to concern that invasive species will destroy local ecosystems, not because venomous or large reptiles have the potential to be dangerous to humans.

Thanks
    Thanked 3,727 Times in 1,257 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by mainbutter View Post
    This will have no impacton HR669-type legislation. HR669 was spawned due to concern that invasive species will destroy local ecosystems, not because venomous or large reptiles have the potential to be dangerous to humans.

Read the text of the bill and USARK's own blurb - it also deals with anti-release provisions and escape recovery plans.

(c) Any person intentionally releasing into the wild a nonnative venomous reptile, a large constricting snake, or a crocodilian shall be guilty of a Class 1 misdemeanor.

Also look at the legislation recently written in Connecticut:
    http://www.ball-pythons.net/forums/s...25&postcount=2

Thanks
    Thanked 2,221 Times in 1,151 Posts

I'm confused why USARK didn't let people know they were drafting legislation for reptile owners before it was a proposed bill?
    They seem to have updates about everything, until this. What else do they have planned? Anything in Florida? Any nationwide ones? Anyone know? I check the website off and on, but I never saw info on this until it was done.
    Theresa Baker
    No Legs and More
    Florida, USA
    "Stop being a wimpy monkey,; bare some teeth, steal some food and fling poo with the alphas. "

Thanks
    Thanked 3,727 Times in 1,257 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by wolfy-hound View Post
    I'm confused why USARK didn't let people know they were drafting legislation for reptile owners before it was a proposed bill?
    They seem to have updates about everything, until this. What else do they have planned? Anything in Florida? Any nationwide ones? Anyone know? I check the website off and on, but I never saw info on this until it was done.
    The posted the NC news on May 14. Ralph Davis posted the same info on Kingsnake that same day.

http://usark.org/forum/viewtopic.php?f=3&t=37

That was the first I had ever heard of it. They may have posted info elsewhere.

My first thought when I saw the announcement in May was that it was odd that they hadn't discussed it on any of the forums (or their website) during the writing/run-up process.

They claim they got feedback from private keepers. I guess Crutchfield and Davis can legitimately be called private keepers..........

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345