Vote for BP.Net for the 2013 Forum of the Year! Click here for more info.

» Site Navigation

» Home
 > FAQ

» Online Users: 3,417

2 members and 3,415 guests
Most users ever online was 6,337, 01-24-2020 at 04:30 AM.

» Today's Birthdays

None

» Stats

Members: 75,097
Threads: 248,540
Top Poster: JLC (31,651)
Welcome to our newest member, Travism91
Page 5 of 14 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314 LastLast
    Thanks

Re: Fox News 9:45 Friday Morning

As far as what type of BP to show case. I would definitely bring a Pied. When I bring out my female and show her to people they are all like "what is that it is one of the coolest snakes I have ever seen". This is from people that do not like snakes.Then the other one or two would be a Butter, Lesser, Mojave something with a soft gentle color to them. I would not bring an Albino most people from my experience do not like the red eyes. Good luck don't be to nervous and be yourself.

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Repsrul For This Useful Post:

hoax (07-09-2009)

Thanks

i know you will respersent the reptile community greatly!!!!!
    1.0 Normal ball python
    and my other animals 1.1 dogs

BG and Skiploder fan

Thanks

I'm sure you'll do a great job. My only advice other than what's been already said is to just show your love for the snakes, call them by name, personalize this so the watchers can connect to you as a person who loves their snakes just as much as they love their dogs or cats. I know I've had people in my home who are shocked that a snake has a name. I think mentioning that they are a hypallergenic pet is a wonderful idea!

I would have the most current stats on dog attacks handy in your brain. They are likely going to bring up the recent death of that poor child so you need to be prepared, calm and reasonable in your response. Show caring for the child but as a victim of poor managment of a pet (as in it could just as well have been the family's dog that killed her), NOT the victim of a snake. Focus on proper and responsible ownership of any pet around small children.

What a wonderful opportunity for you, relax, enjoy it.
    ~~Joanna~~

5. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to frankykeno For This Useful Post:

dc4teg (07-09-2009),hoax (07-09-2009),TheOtherLeadingBrand (07-08-2009)

Thanks

You've already been given some great advice here, and I won't comment on Fox either way in my post... really just wanted to show some support It looks like you're doing what you need to do to be prepared, so get out there and show them what you're about, I'm sure you'll be a great representative of the reptile community. Try to enjoy it while you're doing it, no need to be too nervous about it
    1.0 Solomon Island Ground Boa (Chew) - Candoia carinata paulsoni
    0.1 California Kingsnake (Buffy) - Lampropeltis getula californiae
    1.0 Ball Python (Vincent) - Python regius
    0.1 Colombian Rainbow Boa (Thin Lizzy) - Epicrates cenchria maurus
    0.1 Dumeril's Boa (January) - Boa dumerili R.I.P.
    1.0 Betta Veil-Tail (Musashi) - Betta splendens R.I.P.

"Today's mighty oak is just yesterday's nut that held its ground."

The Photographer

BPnet Veteran
    Thanks

Bring an Axanthic and Jamie!

Thanks

Good luck - I am totally going to TiVo the show! And I have never wanted to TiVo FOX News before, so consider this an honor... LOL. What time zone will it be aired in?
    Lolo's Collection...
    Ball Pythons: 0.4 Normals, 1.0 Pastel, 1.1 Mojaves, 1.0 Black Pastel, 2.0 Spiders, 0.1 Lesser, 1.0 Orange Ghost, 0.1 Honeybee
    0.1 Spotted Python, 1.1 Stimson's Pythons, 1.0 Jungle Carpet Python
    3.4 Corn Snakes, 1.1 Western Hognose Snakes, 1.2 cats, and 1.0 dog (47lb mutt)

9. The Following User Says Thank You to Lolo76 For This Useful Post:

TheOtherLeadingBrand (07-08-2009)

Thanks

I just got off the phone with the guy from Fox. The car will be here to get me at 8:15 and I go on live at 9:45 Eastern Time.
    Thanks to everyone who has posted comments. I will take them all into consideration. Fox has even given me the opportunity to give some input about the questions they will ask me during the interview. So it seems they are really trying to hear our side of the story.

I want to give a big thanks to Aaron for doing such a great job on my site. They just did an internet search and found my site. So without the great site I would have never gotten this opportunity.

I will be back in a little while I have to go buy a new polo. I want to look professional and all mine are a little faded from work.
    Thanks
    Trey

11. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to mxrider42 For This Useful Post:

dr del (07-09-2009),TheOtherLeadingBrand (07-08-2009)

Thanks

The only thing that I would say that hasn't been posted yet is regarding the amount of available reptiles in common pet stores. There is a danger to the smaller snakes when a child is capable of buying on impulse as well as there is a danger to the child if one chooses a larger snake. Though it is the responsibility of the parent, many adults have very little knowledge of these animals and what they could do at 8 or 9ft.

Also, regarding the Fox station. They are FAR from being a neutral station when it comes to political views. My Television and Productions teacher took us there numerous times last year and I have seen all the deep details of that station. She also knew the Owner of Fox and knows that he has told his reporters to side a certain way or they will be released of their services.
    I have also been to ABC Channel 11 studios (I believe they are a Chicago based station) and it was a much nicer station with much friendlier people as well as nicer technological resources. However, I could be biased because Fox was under construction when I visited.
    Just thought I'd bring a light to that matter. However, they can not change your interview, and trust me, if they DO by some chance mix something around (because it is that easy to do) there are a lot of actions you can take to get them put in a deep hole. The only problem is, is that they are capable of cutting out pieces of the interview, but they are not allowed to change the subject or idea of what you are actually saying.

Thanks

Please let's stay on topic and focus on this wonderful opportunity Trey's been given. If you have an opinion about any particular network then feel free to start a seperate thread for that topic.
    ~~Joanna~~

14. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to frankykeno For This Useful Post:

AaronP (07-08-2009),grammie (07-09-2009),HypoPita (07-08-2009),neilgolli (07-08-2009),rabernet (07-09-2009)

Thanks

You go Trey!

Now that you're going to be a big TV star an all I hope we can still be friends.

Good luck man.

Hognose, Sand Boa & Ball Python Morphs

Greg Bennett | http://www.hognose.com

Page 5 of 14 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314 LastLast