Vote for BP.Net for the 2013 Forum of the Year! Click here for more info.

» Site Navigation

» Home
 > FAQ

» Online Users: 3,373

5 members and 3,368 guests
Most users ever online was 6,337, 01-24-2020 at 04:30 AM.

» Today's Birthdays

None

» Stats

Members: 75,097
Threads: 248,539
Top Poster: JLC (31,651)
Welcome to our newest member, Travism91
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Thanks

Sports: NY, Chicago, LA fans...

My wife and I were watching the NBA draft tonight, and we were wondering, if you were born in a city with two teams, ie cub/white sox, yankees/met, giants/jets, lakers/clippers, and whoever else I forgot...how do you decide what team to root for? Is it a family thing? Do you jump on the bandwagon of the 'hot' team of that time? Do you root for the underdog? Or do you cheer for the team with cool colors?

Curious to hear how those sports fans born in these cities chose THAT team instead of the other?
    ____JOSHUA____
    ______
    ROCK CHALK JAYHAWK GO KU!!

Kansas City Chiefs

Thanks

Re: Sports: NY, Chicago, LA fans...

Quote Originally Posted by Jerhart View Post
    My wife and I were watching the NBA draft tonight, and we were wondering, if you were born in a city with two teams, ie cub/white sox, yankees/met, giants/jets, lakers/clippers, and whoever else I forgot...how do you decide what team to root for? Is it a family thing? Do you jump on the bandwagon of the 'hot' team of that time? Do you root for the underdog? Or do you cheer for the team with cool colors?

Curious to hear how those sports fans born in these cities chose THAT team instead of the other?
    i dont live in a city with 2 pro teams in the same sport but im a huge college fan, and we have 2 big ten schools right in my area. i have to tell you i love michigan and the only school i hate worse than michigan state is ohio state. dont know when or why i picked michigan but i can say i made the right choice, stats dont lie
    "So far this is the oldest that I've been"
    'If you can make it through the nite, there's a brighter day'
    "I'm out the game, put the 2nd string in."
    "live with the pain and keep trying or die knowing you never gave anything a chance"
    "Death is not the greatest loss in life. The greatest loss is what dies inside while still alive"
    "No one can take away your dreams"

People for the Ethical Treatment of Agriculture

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by 771subliminal View Post
    i dont live in a city with 2 pro teams in the same sport but im a huge college fan, and we have 2 big ten schools right in my area. i have to tell you i love michigan and the only school i hate worse than michigan state is ohio state. dont know when or why i picked michigan but i can say i made the right choice, stats dont lie
    Ya I was the same way with KU, KSATE, and Mizzou. I grew up watching KU dominait along with my family friends being Jayhawks...I became one and never looked back.

I am just curious how you decide to become say a Jets fan over a Giants or vise-versa?
    ____JOSHUA____
    ______

Kansas City Chiefs

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Jerhart View Post
    Ya I was the same way with KU, KSATE, and Mizzou. I grew up watching KU dominait along with my family friends being Jayhawks...I became one and never looked back.

I am just curious how you decide to become say a Jets fan over a Giants or vise-versa?
    ive thought bout that too, cheer for the team your dad likes or take the other team to root against him. but if you live in ny state you really have 3 nfl teams tho they also have the bills.

wish we had another nfl team in detroit i like to think id of picked them and not be disappointed by the lions every year
    "So far this is the oldest that I've been"
    'If you can make it through the nite, there's a brighter day'
    "I'm out the game, put the 2nd string in."
    "live with the pain and keep trying or die knowing you never gave anything a chance"
    "Death is not the greatest loss in life. The greatest loss is what dies inside while still alive"
    "No one can take away your dreams"

People for the Ethical Treatment of Agriculture

Thanks

If you're born on the northside you stick with Cubs.
    If you're born on the southside you stick with the Sox.

Lot's of bandwagoners stick with Sox because they won the stupid championship.

Some people choose both.

Some people choose whatever.

I choose cubs because my father liked them and because I grew up on the northside... Lawrence and Kedzie
    www.scorpionforum.darkbb.com
    myspace.com/aztekvamp

Thanks

Hmmm...are ther any Clippers fans out there? I'd like to hear how that comes about...
    ____JOSHUA____
    ______

Kansas City Chiefs

Thanks

I live near Chicago and always have been a sox fan, my family loves the Cubs. I Grew up loving american league baseball so that is why I was drawn to the sox.

That being said I am not a Bears fan at all, I always have been and always will be a die hard Steelers fan.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Rakk101 View Post
    I live near Chicago and always have been a sox fan, my family loves the Cubs. I Grew up loving american league baseball so that is why I was drawn to the sox.

That being said I am not a Bears fan at all, I always have been and always will be a die hard Steelers fan.
    Interesting...so why not a Bears fan?
    ____JOSHUA____
    ______

Kansas City Chiefs

Thanks

My family was never really enough of an influence on me to decide my decision for me. my dad's dad is a cubs fan, my mom's brother is a Sox fan, her other brother's son is a cubs fan, etc. For me it was just more of a feel thing. The White Sox are just so much better for me. Who wants to root for some baby bears? Really? Not like a pair of socks are better, but they just feel good to me, you know? So when the cubs were in the playoffs in 03, I found myself rooting against the cubs, although I had never really followed baseball at that point. I was hugely into my softball league, so it's not like I was clueless.

Then I went to my first major league game in 05 regular season, before anyone one had an idea they were going to go all the way. And from then on out, I have had this ridiculous obsession with loving "my team" and hating the bad guys. An unwavering, undying hate, mind you. And that's another thing no cubs or sox fan can ever really explain. It's just there, and it will always be there.

So ultimately, what can we take out of this long explanation? The Sox are better and that's the way it is.
    Christina

0.1 Normal BP "Cleo"
    1.1 Bearded Dragons "Munch" and "Ziggy"
    1.0 Red Eared Slider "Norwell"

Thanks

Ah yes...the 'who gives me the best vibes' method. Thanks for the post, very interesting!
    ____JOSHUA____
    ______

Kansas City Chiefs

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast