Vote for BP.Net for the 2013 Forum of the Year! Click here for more info.

» Site Navigation

» Home
 > FAQ

» Online Users: 3,110

1 members and 3,109 guests
Most users ever online was 6,337, 01-24-2020 at 04:30 AM.

» Today's Birthdays

None

» Stats

Members: 75,130
Threads: 248,575
Top Poster: JLC (31,651)
Welcome to our newest member, RelentlessPanda
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Questions

Thanks

Question Questions

1. How many time do you change the litter?Like dump it out clean the box and put in fresh litter

2.How much food should I feed an eight week old kitten?

I feel like I'm forgetting alot of things....weird
    Bvz

Thanks
    Thanked 1,864 Times in 1,703 Posts

Re: Questions

1. litter pan dump & cleaned weekly
    2. I keep the food dish filled with dry food along with fresh water daily
    3. small amount of wet food daily
    Check out what's available at

"The greatness of a nation and its moral progress can be judged by the way its animals are treated." - Gandhi

3. The Following User Says Thank You to llovelace For This Useful Post:

Animalmaster13 (06-24-2009)

Thanks

1.) Litter dumped weakly and about three spot checks every day

2.) We have this auto feeder thing that holds an entire bag of cat food, they just eat when they want.

5. The Following User Says Thank You to Rakk101 For This Useful Post:

Animalmaster13 (06-24-2009)

Thanks

I scoop weekly, and completely change the litter when it starts to stink, which is about once a month (I use clumping litter). I use ammonia to soak and scrub the pan. Then refill with fresh litter.

Try to feed a mix of wet food daily, and about a third of a cup of dry. Don't buy the cheapo cat food that uses grain products or vegetables. Cats need MEAT, being obligate carnivores. I use innova Evo, but Wellness brand is also good too. Expect to spend close to $40 dollars for 15 pounds of dry.

Thanks

Exclamation Re: Questions

I'm just a kid!!!I dont have 40 bucks to spend on cat food!!! I feed my cat purina cat food for all ages. Thats about 20....

I dont even have a an allowance!!!!!!
    Bvz

Thanks

If you HAVE to feed a store brand, get Iams MultiCat. It has a nice high protein percentage and not too many grains.

Remember, higher quality equals less problems in the long run. If you want some nice high vet bills, go ahead and feed junk. Purina Cat Chow is awful. Full of fillers, corn, gluten, tons of carbs. Yay for making diabetic cats. Poor quality foods make cats greasy looking, they get fat without the lean muscle and are just flabby looking, they get aprons(belly skin hanging down), and all sorts of health problems.

DO NOT FEED ROYAL CANIN. It has been killing cats lately and what cats it doesn't kill either constipates them to the point of intestinal rupture OR they are vomiting uncontrollably. It used to be a decent food, but many people have been having issues like this with it and have been LOSING their prized show cats(we're talking $4,000 cats here).
    --Becky--
    ?.? Normals, 1.0 100% Het Pied Classic Jungle, 1.0 Yellow Hypo, 0.1 100% Het Butterscotch Hypo, 0.1 100% Het VPI Hypo, 0.1 100% Het Yellow Hypo, 1.0 Enchi, 1.1 Yellowbellies, 0.1 YB Granite, 1.0 Black Pastel, 1.0 Lemon Pastel, 0.1 50% Possible Het Banded Albino, 0.1 Spider, 1.0 Fire, 0.2 Granite

Thanks

Exclamation Re: Questions

"THANK YOU SOO MUCH YOU ARE SOOOO NICE!"

Ok so I'm new with the whole cat food thing. I just got my first cat ever. So I had no idea!!!!!!Then I write what I use and then..Dont use that get the $1000 pure cat mix....You are really stupid use $70 per can perky cat food..... I am sorry i use that food!!!!!!!!!I cant afford to spend $40 a month on cat food. I need healthy affordable cat food. Is there such a thing??

HELP ME!!!!!!!
    Bvz

Thanks
    Thanked 2,221 Times in 1,151 Posts

For a 8 week old kitten, it needs a high quality kitten food. Cheap cat food can and will lead to issues.
    It's not $1000 for a bag. $40 can get you a decent size bag that will last a long time for a kitten. If you spend $20 a bag for cheap food, half the food is filler, so the cat will need to eat more than twice as much food, so you're STILL paying $40, because you'll need two bags of cheap to one bag of good food.
    Also, the cheap food means LOTS of poo. Smelly poo. So plan on cleaning the litter twice as often.

Just like most things in life, cheap isn't a good thing. No one is being snobby here, they are trying to help you out.

Buy cheap food. Buy twice as much food, clean twice as much poo, and have the possibility of more vet bills from health issues.

Buy good food. Buy less food, clean less poo, have a healthy cat that doesn't need vet visits for diabetes, kidney isues, bladder stones, etc.

Also, be sure your kitten has all the appropriate shots. Watch for upper respitory infections, which would be runny eyes, or runny nose.

Good luck.
    Theresa Baker
    No Legs and More
    Florida, USA
    "Stop being a wimpy monkey,; bare some teeth, steal some food and fling poo with the alphas. "

11. The Following User Says Thank You to wolfy-hound For This Useful Post:

littleindiangirl (07-10-2009)

Thanks

Agreed with previous posts. My dogs are very healthy mainly because I've always exercised them and fed them good food. It does not have to cost a ton of money, but find food that the first ingredient on the list is a quality source of protein (chicken, beef, etc.). If you can get one that contains no fillers at (grains,etc), that'd be great. Otherwise, it's like feeding your cat junk food. If you ate potato chips all day everyday, you'd end up unhealthy at some point.

So, check the ingredients. It is absolutely true that you will be feeding more of the cheaper food and using up more cat litter (so, spending more money anyway). I don't remember what the ingredients are exactly, but if you have a Whole Foods close by, check out their cat foods.
    Other Herps:
    6.20 Bearded Dragons (Hypos, Trans, Leathebacks, Reds, etc.), 1.1 Knob Tail Geckos
    Other:
    0.1 Mini American Eskimos, 1.0 Chihuahuas, 0.1 Terrier Mixes, 1.0 Chihuahua/Toy Fox Terrier Mixes
    1.0 Double Rex, 0.1 Beige Ruby Eyed Dumbo, 0.1 Hairless PEW

Thanks

I'm just going to say it. If you cannot afford to properly feed, care for, house, provide veterinary attention for the cat, then do not get it.

What if the cat gets a respiratory infection? How are you going to foot the bills on that? It could easily be $100 right off the bat...

They need all vaccinations, deworming, spaying/neutering, toys, beds, food, bowls, etc, etc, etc. Do you know that you will be able to properly afford this animal?
    --Becky--
    ?.? Normals, 1.0 100% Het Pied Classic Jungle, 1.0 Yellow Hypo, 0.1 100% Het Butterscotch Hypo, 0.1 100% Het VPI Hypo, 0.1 100% Het Yellow Hypo, 1.0 Enchi, 1.1 Yellowbellies, 0.1 YB Granite, 1.0 Black Pastel, 1.0 Lemon Pastel, 0.1 50% Possible Het Banded Albino, 0.1 Spider, 1.0 Fire, 0.2 Granite

14. The Following User Says Thank You to SatanicIntention For This Useful Post:

littleindiangirl (07-10-2009)

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast