Vote for BP.Net for the 2013 Forum of the Year! Click here for more info.

» Site Navigation

» Home
 > FAQ

» Online Users: 3,243

1 members and 3,242 guests
Most users ever online was 6,337, 01-24-2020 at 04:30 AM.

» Today's Birthdays

» Stats

Members: 75,095
Threads: 248,538
Top Poster: JLC (31,651)
Welcome to our newest member, Daisyg

Thread: My fids.

Thanks

My fids.

Any parrotlet owners out there?

I have a pair, brother and sister, named Iagan and Jade. I purchased the boy from a breeder, and when I got home with him I realized his toes were amputated! (I had attributed his clumsyness to him being a baby.) So I told the breeder, and turns out the parents of this clutch bit the toes off the babies when they were days old. Sad wee things. His sister had the same handicap, and so the breeder offered her to me for free. They are unable to perch well, and they prefer to be carried and cradled in the palms of my ands when I take them out for playtime...but they get around, and I have a cage designed to their needs.

A picture of Iagan on my boyfriend's shoulder. Both of them love to listen to him play guitar...

My other birdlet will be coming home in several weeks. He/she is a white bellied caique. I've had a caique once before and he was the most wonderful bird anyone could ask for. We lost him to a freak accident last october, and my life just hasn't been the same without him in it. Its taken me a while, but I finally decided to bring another one into my life.

This is a pic of our precious Wingnut who passed last fall:

Sarah Smith

Veterinary Technician

- 5.8 Ball Pythons - 0.2 Border Collies - 0.1 Pugaranian - 1.0 Black Lab - 0.1 Retarded Cat - 1.2 Carpet Sharks - 2.0 Fish -

Thanks

Re: My fids.

Cute little amazon! I have a little pacific female we got from an elderly gentleman who had to go into a nursing home. Tinkerbell is every bit as fierce as her larger mealy amazon sister, Nia. She's a few years old and never been handled until now, but she and I "clicked" and get along great. A video we made to be shown to her previous owner..
    YouTube - Tinkerbell - vicious parrotlet

I love the yellow thigheds, I got to birdsit one for a friend a couple years ago and he was just the sweetest bird. Congrats!
    `*`

Thanks

Re: My fids.

Awwww... I love W Bellies! I'm glad you decided to get another one... I'm fostering a Black Cap right now that is a RIOT!
    Grey Scale is a good thing...