Vote for BP.Net for the 2013 Forum of the Year! Click here for more info.

» Site Navigation

» Home
 > FAQ

» Online Users: 2,991

2 members and 2,989 guests
Most users ever online was 6,337, 01-24-2020 at 04:30 AM.

» Today's Birthdays

None

» Stats

Members: 75,138
Threads: 248,586
Top Poster: JLC (31,651)
Welcome to our newest member, BertsMum
Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: Provent-A-Mite

Thanks

Re: Provent-A-Mite

thanks all that pm'd me with things to use. i called are vet to see what they recommend since they are a 100% holistic vet. the head vet that owns the place got on the phone with me and told me what they use when a reptile comes in with mites. well thanks to her the snake is not mite free. And for all that would like to know what it is we used betadine solution mixed about and oz to a gallon of water till the water is a light tea color. 5 to 10 min in the water and the mites and eggs are gone. all i can say it i am very thank full i do the 90 day qt on all new snakes this guy was a rescue he has been here for a little over a month and last weekend mites on him guess the eggs hatched.

Thanks
    Thanked 5,584 Times in 3,092 Posts
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by XGetSome View Post
    The instructions for PAM are the same. Thanks Mark, I use the same thing, but from Wal Mart, different brand. In Fact there 17 Brands all from the same manufacturer.
    Nowhere on my can of PAM are there instructions for applying to clothing, nets and tents?

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by rabernet View Post
    Nowhere on my can of PAM are there instructions for applying to clothing, nets and tents?
    i wouldn't use it on my clothing it smells horrid. i do spray the carpet around my viv's tho if i suspect mites.
    1.0 Ball Python: Monty
    0.1 Red Tail boa: Dixie
    0.1 Tree Boa: Carmen

Thanks
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by JeffJ View Post
    i wouldn't use it on my clothing it smells horrid. i do spray the carpet around my viv's tho if i suspect mites.
    I was being facetious, since he said the instructions on that link were the same as on PAM - they aren't. Nothing on those instructions about the treatment of reptile mites and how to properly use it for that purpose was my point.

I don't plan to use PAM on my clothes, although I was seriously considering zapping it on the mosquito that got in the house and was annoying the crap out of me last night!

Thanks

I was being facetious, since he said the instructions on that link were the same as on PAM - they aren't. Nothing on those instructions about the treatment of reptile mites and how to properly use it for that purpose was my point.

I don't plan to use PAM on my clothes, although I was seriously considering zapping it on the mosquito that got in the house and was annoying the crap out of me last night!
    lol it is the season for mosquitoes! i hate them as well.... dont you hate that single bugger that gets through the screen some how and buzzes in your ear at 3 am?

Thanks
    Blog Entries

lol it is the season for mosquitoes! i hate them as well.... dont you hate that single bugger that gets through the screen some how and buzzes in your ear at 3 am?
    LOL - for some reason, he didn't follow me to the bedroom - he just hung out in the living room with the other mammals (dog, cats, rats). Thing's going to live to be 100 at this rate!

Thanks

LOL - for some reason, he didn't follow me to the bedroom - he just hung out in the living room with the other mammals (dog, cats, rats). Thing's going to live to be 100 at this rate!
    if u catch it, keep it in a jar lol. new pet... if it lives to 100 then damn id be amazed, whats the life span on them.... a few weeks?

only a few hours in my house my kitten loves to eat anything that moves.

Ridgecrest, California...Gateway to Death Valley!
    Thanks

Actually it seems you take this too personal. When I join a PAM thread I always see you jump all over the peole, I even mentioned to my girlfriend I shouldnt join thse threads because peole like you jump all over people who dont swear by PAM, Ironically I personally named you as the one that would attack me, because I've seen it in many others threads. And you read that post wrong. I pm'd him with the instructions how to use it. I was telling him he needs to read the instructions off a can of PAM.

I do have to say this, just because somebody doesnt recommend the same things as you do, theres no reason to attack people. I was allready told in this thread I was stupid (I'm not 12 and I'm more mature then to waste my time replying to that person), your opinions mean a lot (Yes Robin that includes you, I've always respected all of the oeoples opinions on this board).
    But sometimes, somebody isnt going to share your opinions, you should respect that.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by XGetSome View Post
    Actually it seems you take this too personal. When I join a PAM thread I always see you jump all over the peole, I even mentioned to my girlfriend I shouldnt join thse threads because peole like you jump all over people who dont swear by PAM, Ironically I personally named you as the one that would attack me, because I've seen it in many others threads. And you read that post wrong. I pm'd him with the instructions how to use it. I was telling him he needs to read the instructions off a can of PAM.

I do have to say this, just because somebody doesnt recommend the same things as you do, theres no reason to attack people. I was allready told in this thread I was stupid (I'm not 12 and I'm more mature then to waste my time replying to that person), your opinions mean a lot (Yes Robin that includes you, I've always respected all of the oeoples opinions on this board).
    But sometimes, somebody isnt going to share your opinions, you should respect that.
    but Mark link'd to repel thats clearly a bug repellent that has instructions for spraying on your clothing/gear. and in the same breath you thank him and say the instructions are the same as pam. i read that the same way she did. what exactly did you mean by that statement then?

Ridgecrest, California...Gateway to Death Valley!
    Thanks

I just explained it in the post that you quoted, First paragraph, last sentence.

but Mark link'd to repel thats clearly a bug repellent that has instructions for spraying on your clothing/gear. and in the same breath you thank him and say the instructions are the same as pam. i read that the same way she did. what exactly did you mean by that statement then?

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast