Vote for BP.Net for the 2013 Forum of the Year! Click here for more info.

» Site Navigation

» Home
 > FAQ

» Online Users: 3,258

2 members and 3,256 guests
Most users ever online was 6,337, 01-24-2020 at 04:30 AM.

» Today's Birthdays

None

» Stats

Members: 75,102
Threads: 248,542
Top Poster: JLC (31,651)
Welcome to our newest member, Geezy99

Thread: I need help

Thanks

I need help

I have a sub adult red tail boa I fed her about a week and a half ago .....three days later I took her out to handle her and I went for a ride with my friend ....I wasn't paying attention for about 30 seconds and she found a hole in his door panel and I noticed when she was about half way in.....my friend freaked out and pulled over and yanked the her out of the hole ...all she had was a few scratches ...when I brought her home I put her back in the tank....the next day I put a new hiding spot in the tank....which was a bad I idea it was this tree thing but it was hollow she climbed up in there for about 4 days last night she came out so I took that hiding spot out and put the old one back in ...and today I was going to handle her and clean her tank but she keeps trying to bite me ......I hope some1 can help me with this...

Thanks

Re: I need help

Sounds like she has been through alot lately, I would make sure temp and humidity is good and leave her alone for a bit.

3. The Following User Says Thank You to Rakk101 For This Useful Post:

redtail09 (06-01-2009)

Thanks

Yep, sounds like you have a case of extremely stressed out snake. Her hiding for four days, and now her change in temperament is a clear reflection of this. I agree with Rakk. Make sure the temp and humidity are good and leave her for a while. Good luck!

--Colin
    1.0.0 Columbian Red Tail Boa - Rocky

Thanks

id be pretty upset too is some one yanked me out fo a hole, then gave me a hide to go relaxing in and then took it away shortly after.

i say leave her alone. she is probably stressed out like you wouldnt even understand right now. and possibly hurt as well from your friends smart move. and i say that with sarcasm.
    1.0 Ball Python: Monty
    0.1 Red Tail boa: Dixie
    0.1 Tree Boa: Carmen