Vote for BP.Net for the 2013 Forum of the Year! Click here for more info.

» Site Navigation

» Home
 > FAQ

» Online Users: 2,704

2 members and 2,702 guests
Most users ever online was 6,337, 01-24-2020 at 04:30 AM.

» Today's Birthdays

None

» Stats

Members: 75,100
Threads: 248,542
Top Poster: JLC (31,651)
Welcome to our newest member, Scott L.
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Thanks

Re: Cat Urination Problem

Quote Originally Posted by N4S View Post
    Wow ^^^

softpaws? wish I knew about that before my couches were effed up. haha
    if your cats are ok with having their paws touched its like a sinch to put them on, i used them on my one cat for a while, he's BIG and thinks hes little and likes to use his claws when he thinks hes going to fall D:

Thanks
    Thanked 5,584 Times in 3,092 Posts
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by L.West View Post
    I have always had an extra large one in the basement that the two cats have shared for years - the kitten had her own in the cage I was keeping her in because she had a parasite issue and had to be caged for the duration of her meds.

I really believe that she pee'd in the house because she is mad that I brought in the kitten - I don't think it is a litter box issue - she is just a brat.

I think we are going to rehome the kitten - we've only had her for three weeks so it will be easier to rehome her. I've had the other two cats for 11 years - can't make them leave - LOL!!!!

Hopefully once the kitten is gone - the other cats will straighten up.
    She's not mad, she's marking her territory - they don't do this for revenge.

Thanks
    Thanked 5,584 Times in 3,092 Posts
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by cinderbird View Post
    if your cats are ok with having their paws touched its like a sinch to put them on, i used them on my one cat for a while, he's BIG and thinks hes little and likes to use his claws when he thinks hes going to fall D:
    I agree with you on the de-claw. I had my college kitties declawed in the early 80's and one was a botched job and I swore I'd never, ever do that again.

The two I have now are intact, and just keeping up a routine of regularly trimming their nails has worked well for me!

BPnet Veteran
    Thanks

I swear by Feliway (which someone mentioned earlier)... They make a spray and a plug in, it's a pheromone that helps calm them down when they are threatened by environmental changes, etc.. It is a little pricey, but it absolutely works!!

Also, the rule of thumb for litter boxes is to have 1 more litter box than you have cats (even though they were fine before kitten came along).. It's best to space them out throughout the house as well so they have options on where they want to go.. I know it sounds like a pain, but generally fixes inappropriate urination problems....

I hope this helps, and I hope the kitten doesn't have to find a new place to stay........

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12