I was pointing out that the accurites in my testing (yes I have a calibration source and a few science grade thermometers) are not accurate at all. The best of the three I owned was slightly under 2ºF high. I have tested others that were 2ºF low so basically all over the board. The mod you suggest is likely to add what half to two degrees different again. I would expect what ? 1 degree maybe 2 if there is in expert handling? Fair? Add the pre existing error, you, in theory could have created 1-5º off of correct.In theory it could be going the right way, and make it more accurate or worse up to 4ºF low if it was the best of my personal ones, or more than 5ºF if it is the worst of the three I owned. No matter what you may think it is still a micro resistance being measured and ANY change is a change calibrated or not at least if you modded a accurate one you could expect a typical +/-2º error.

I think that you should have mentioned that the accuracy should be tested before, and after the mod. People often do not have enough experience to make fully informed opinions. Clearly you do understand that you change is GOING to make a DIFFERENCE to the accuracy of the un modded version and YOU decided it was not important to mention that in the absolutely worst case 5ºF off of true.

I just thought it was important to mention that a reading might actually be much higher or lower than what is shown... Wire choice, length, and solder choice, not to mention dirt dust and debris present all make a difference.

I was not bashing, I think it is still quite polite and simply pointing out that the readings are going to change and that it is something to keep in mind when altering a existing design the original designed operational specs no longer apply.

It is analogous of me saying that if you inject water mist into your engine you could see 17% more power! (true BTW) And not bothering to mention that you would have to COMPLETELY rebuild the engine afterward. (also TRUE do not do this bad things will happen...)

It really is a moot point as the wired units are discontinued by accurite anyway.