Vote for BP.Net for the 2013 Forum of the Year! Click here for more info.

» Site Navigation

» Home
 > FAQ

» Online Users: 3,309

1 members and 3,308 guests
Most users ever online was 6,337, 01-24-2020 at 04:30 AM.

» Today's Birthdays

None

» Stats

Members: 75,097
Threads: 248,539
Top Poster: JLC (31,651)
Welcome to our newest member, Travism91
Page 8 of 16 FirstFirst 12345678910111213141516 LastLast

Thread: Here you are...

Thanks

Re: Here you are...

“There are only two tragedies in life: one is not getting what one wants, and the other is getting it.” - Oscar Wilde
    Last edited by littleindiangirl; 05-19-2009 at 12:23 PM. Reason: 7,600'th post baay bee

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Deborah View Post
    So they fit each individual, like your boyfriend for example. Does that mean we would need many versions to accommodate each and every individual of this forum?

Makes sense.

Andrew was given a chance, he was asked to change his sig, HE chose not to, therefore he was ready and willing to accept the consequences of his action, should he have changed his sig he would still be a member here having a discussion on this thread with us.

Again posting here is a privilege not a right, you either agree to the TOS and play by the rules or you don’t, it's up to each and everyone of us. So does that mean they also apply to Andrew or does it means because Andrew disagree we should re-write everything to fit him as a member?

Interestingly, I do not see big companies, banks etc re-write their TOS because I or other people disagree with them.

We must not be living in the same world.
    Again, I see a mod/admin trying to get a rise out of someone.

Here...Deb knows Andrew is Ashleys BF so of course she is going to take this tone, and try to be-little her. "makes sense "rolleye" " "we must not live in the same world".

I just dont see how its ok for the mods to get away with crap like this.

3. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Patrick Long For This Useful Post:

Ben Biscy (05-19-2009),DutchHerp (05-19-2009),joshthaxton (05-19-2009),scutechute (05-20-2009)

BPnet Veteran
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Patrick Long View Post

Here...Deb knows Andrew is Ashleys BF so of course she is going to take this tone, and try to be-little her. "makes sense "rolleye" " "we must not live in the same world".

Would you prefer someone else say it? Would that make it okay in your eyes? Or would you still not like it and just say nothing...

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by AaronP View Post
    Would you prefer someone else say it? Would that make it okay in your eyes? Or would you still not like it and just say nothing...
    I dont give a rats arse who says it.

The fact that they can bear bait people and get away with it, while everyone else gets infractions for it.

Is it right, No

Is it Ball-pythons.net, Yes

I just think that the estrogen filled admin team doesnt realize that they hold the biggest double standard.

Im done!

6. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Patrick Long For This Useful Post:

Ben Biscy (05-19-2009),DutchHerp (05-19-2009),joshthaxton (05-19-2009),scutechute (05-20-2009)

Thanks
    Thanked 7,199 Times in 3,028 Posts
    Blog Entries

Pat...please point out one post where a member was infracted for "rolling their eyes" or being a tad bit sarcastic when making a point. If you can find one, I'll personally reverse it and make a public apology for the entire mess.
    -- Judy

Thanks

Pat you speak my mind... too bad I can't give you another rep point, but I'll do it as soon as I can
    MH

Who the hell is Pat?

"Pattimuss doesn't run, he prances most delicately, like a beautiful but sad fairy, winged and capped, curly toed shoes on each foot, dancing on dewdrops while lazy crickets play soft music for him to keep time by...." - Wes

9. The Following User Says Thank You to DutchHerp For This Useful Post:

scutechute (05-20-2009)

BPnet Veteran
    Thanks

estrogen filled admin team
    You want to accuse someone of Bear Baiting when you say crap like that? C'mon Patrick, you're better than that. If I said that and my fiance found out that I said that, I wouldn't get any 'hugs' for a week.

11. The Following User Says Thank You to AaronP For This Useful Post:

truthsdeceit (05-19-2009)

Thanks
    Thanked 3,727 Times in 1,257 Posts

There's a perceived difference in a forum member, such as Wes, voicing his feelings in support of Brian in the "giant snake - small enclosure " thread and mods seemingly - and the key word is seemingly, coming to Brian's aid.

I have no bone to pic with either the mods (or in general the job they do) or Brian, and I don't keep giant snakes. I though Andrew's initial comments regarding the size of the afrock enclosure showed that he wasn't out to bash anyone.

Where the proverbial bone got caught in the throat is with the monitor. I agree with Andrew and I agree with other varanid keepers that there were some inconsistencies in what what was explained - but in the end, so what? This has been hashed and re-hased on several forums and the consensus is that as a temporary enclosure it was inadequate and that if the animal was that violent a feeder, that a separate feeding bin was probably a bad idea. So it was a bad choice all the way around...............period and I don't need anyone to explain or defend it.

I do agree that if another forum member had posted the same video, that they would not have been afforded the same leeway that Brian was..........however, I agree with the assertion that Brian is a dedicated keeper who should be given a bit of freeboard because he's earned it.

So in the end, Brian gets the benefit of the dount because of the reputation he has earned in this community. I get that and I can live with that.

But having site mods appearing to poke and prod Andrew (example - the shot about Andrew laying aside his integrity for a photo shoot) is a bit harder to swallow.

People question other people's husbandry skills all the time here, and it's usually done without the mods stepping in to give the target cover.

13. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Skiploder For This Useful Post:

Ben Biscy (05-19-2009),DutchHerp (05-19-2009),Patrick Long (05-19-2009),scutechute (05-20-2009)

Thanks

Because arguing about it is productive and will totally get this somewhere...

15. The Following User Says Thank You to littleindiangirl For This Useful Post:

stratus_020202 (05-19-2009)

Thanks

here we go again lol

Page 8 of 16 FirstFirst 12345678910111213141516 LastLast