Vote for BP.Net for the 2013 Forum of the Year! Click here for more info.

» Site Navigation

» Home
 > FAQ

» Online Users: 2,245

0 members and 2,245 guests
No Members online
Most users ever online was 6,337, 01-24-2020 at 04:30 AM.

» Today's Birthdays

» Stats

Members: 75,103
Threads: 248,542
Top Poster: JLC (31,651)
Welcome to our newest member, Michaelmcalvey
Page 7 of 16 FirstFirst 12345678910111213141516 LastLast

Thread: Here you are...

Thanks

Re: Here you are...

Quote Originally Posted by wilomn View Post
    Careful, whatever group I belong to must be a minority and therefore we must be persecuted, and openly respecting me could lead those of dubious intelligence to think you were just like me and, well, that's an interesting twist on the road, isn't it?

No wonder I have such issues, I'm persecuted and didn't even know it.
    Twists tend to be much more interesting than long straight highways.

Thanks

LOL LOL LOL

Not everyone sees through the same set of blinders you do. It's a common misconception but erroneous nonetheless.
    I rest my case.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Ben Biscy View Post
    I believe I did just state my opinion. It is ironic, however, that I accidentally hit refresh instead of home, though, and then moved on to read this post.

Stop instigating bs and pretending you are better than anyone else. You aren't.
    Chill Bro...I just hate when people bicker.

There are newbs joining this site everyday who litter the front page with questions. Go answer some of their questions instead of acting like your the second coming of Francesco Petrarca.
    ____JOSHUA____
    ______
    ROCK CHALK JAYHAWK GO KU!!

Kansas City Chiefs

4. The Following User Says Thank You to Jerhart For This Useful Post:

blackcrystal22 (05-18-2009)

Thanks
    Thanked 2,221 Times in 1,151 Posts

I find it amazing that people really think they have the right to bash a site ON the site, and then think they should be allowed to continue bashing it, without any consequances.

This is NOT a right. This is a privately owned site, and techinally the site owner(or his designated moderators) can boot ANYONE off the site at ANY time for ANY reason. Rules or TOS notwithstanding.

Now having stated that, the TOS are pretty easy to follow. Stating your opinion is all fine and dandy until your opinion is breaking TOS. Even THEN the mods did not ban him, but asked him to remove the statement, more than once.

If people want a unmoderated forum that they can state whatever they want at any time, they'll have to go find one. On several sites I've been on, you'd have been booted on the first occasion.
    Theresa Baker
    No Legs and More
    Florida, USA
    "Stop being a wimpy monkey,; bare some teeth, steal some food and fling poo with the alphas. "

6. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to wolfy-hound For This Useful Post:

frankykeno (05-19-2009),Jerhart (05-19-2009),Jyson (05-19-2009)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by wolfy-hound View Post
    I find it amazing that people really think they have the right to bash a site ON the site, and then think they should be allowed to continue bashing it, without any consequances.

This is NOT a right. This is a privately owned site, and techinally the site owner(or his designated moderators) can boot ANYONE off the site at ANY time for ANY reason. Rules or TOS notwithstanding.
    There you go. From what I've seen this site is not a democracy as far as the TOS and staff opinions go...

Not saying whether that's good or bad, but we all signed a contract (TOS) when we joined the site. I think the OP was trying to argue about the following...

3. No Hate Speak. This includes, but is not limited to: cursing; threats of violence; racial, religious, or sexual slurs; personal attacks; bear-baiting; and speech intended to cause or further a "flame war" or personal vendetta. This includes vindictive use of the Reputation System. Ultimately, it will be up to the staff (the mods and ultimately the admins) to determine if any given post or thread has crossed these lines.
    ...when it clearly is not up for debate. OP says Robin was bear-baiting, Judy says she wasn't. Judy wins. End of story. YOU agreed to it when you signed up for the site!

8. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to icygirl For This Useful Post:

Ben Biscy (05-19-2009),DutchHerp (05-19-2009)

BPnet Veteran
    Thanks

For the love of god folks. Jerhart you have probably said the smartest thing on this thread. Let's try to remember that newbs are in fact reading our every word. Hey newbs come join in the fun?

Come on! Could we all just get back to the business of helping people?

10. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Jenn For This Useful Post:

dr del (05-19-2009),Jerhart (05-19-2009),Wh00h0069 (05-19-2009)

Telling it like it is! Stewart_Reptiles's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 20,811 Times in 9,584 Posts
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Sasquatch Art View Post
    Yeah of course certain opinions-statements can be against the TOS. I agree with that.. And with that I think some people need to go back and reread or rewrite the TOS.
    So they fit each individual, like your boyfriend for example. Does that mean we would need many versions to accommodate each and every individual of this forum?

Makes sense.

Andrew was given a chance, he was asked to change his sig, HE chose not to, therefore he was ready and willing to accept the consequences of his action, should he have changed his sig he would still be a member here having a discussion on this thread with us.

Again posting here is a privilege not a right, you either agree to the TOS and play by the rules or you don’t, it's up to each and everyone of us.
    Quote Originally Posted by Sasquatch Art View Post
    I don't care what power someone holds.. The TOS should be followed by everyone..

If not, yeah it should be rewrote.
    So does that mean they also apply to Andrew or does it means because Andrew disagree we should re-write everything to fit him as a member?

Interestingly, I do not see big companies, banks etc re-write their TOS because I or other people disagree with them.

We must not be living in the same world.
    Deborah Stewart

Thanks

I think it is so silly that these people are still on this forum if they think it is so unfair. There are many other forums out there, why not have a look?

Thanks
    Thanked 1,074 Times in 888 Posts

It's a shame you newbs don't know my past. I used to hear the mod forums humming when I'd join a site. I know what I'm talking about when I say these mods do a damn fine job at a difficult task.l.
    You have a past ,do tell .
    Joe Haggard

BPnet Veteran
    Thanks

Wilomn is my new favorite person.

Page 7 of 16 FirstFirst 12345678910111213141516 LastLast