Vote for BP.Net for the 2013 Forum of the Year! Click here for more info.

» Site Navigation

» Home
 > FAQ

» Online Users: 3,416

1 members and 3,415 guests
Most users ever online was 6,337, 01-24-2020 at 04:30 AM.

» Today's Birthdays

None

» Stats

Members: 75,100
Threads: 248,542
Top Poster: JLC (31,651)
Welcome to our newest member, Scott L.
Page 5 of 16 FirstFirst 123456789101112131415 ... LastLast

Thread: Here you are...

Thanks

Re: Here you are...

I read the whole thing... even his sig was his opinion, but oh no, opinions matter (for the select few).
    MH

Who the hell is Pat?

"Pattimuss doesn't run, he prances most delicately, like a beautiful but sad fairy, winged and capped, curly toed shoes on each foot, dancing on dewdrops while lazy crickets play soft music for him to keep time by...." - Wes

Thanks

You're missing the point here Matt. It's not that opinions aren't welcome. If they are insulting it is against TOS. Why is that so hard to understand? Opinions are welcome from everyone, but that doens't mean you should watch what you say.

Why don't you just pm Judy, or any other superior member?
    "Be not afraid of greatness: some are born great, some achieve greatness, and some have greatness thrust upon them." ~William Shakespeare

1.1 Normals - Apollo & Medusa
    1.0 Pastel - Zeke
    0.1 Pastel het OG - Dixie
    0.1 Pastel het Axanthic
    0.1 Spider het Axanthic
    1.1 Mojave - Clyde & Bonnie
    1.0 Black Pastel - Conan
    0.1 Spider - Dizzy

Thanks

Yeah of course certain opinions-statements can be against the TOS. I agree with that.. And with that I think some people need to go back and reread or rewrite the TOS.

Because trying to simply put yourself out to be the good guy when little smart ass remarks are being made.. You don't really look like the good guy anymore.. Well I guess only in some peoples' eyes.

Quote Originally Posted by stratus_020202 View Post
    You don't have a problem with it because it isn't insulting you. If the tables were turned, you would feel different.
    Actually if someone "insults" me in the petty way Andrew supposedly did.. I would walk away. I wouldn't throw a fit because of someones opinion on a forum was different than mine. =/ I mean come on!

I will gladly take my infractions due to language used .

Thanks

You're missing the point here Matt. It's not that opinions aren't welcome. If they are insulting it is against TOS. Why is that so hard to understand? Opinions are welcome from everyone, but that doens't mean you should watch what you say.

Why don't you just pm Judy, or any other superior member?
    I did.
    MH

Who the hell is Pat?

"Pattimuss doesn't run, he prances most delicately, like a beautiful but sad fairy, winged and capped, curly toed shoes on each foot, dancing on dewdrops while lazy crickets play soft music for him to keep time by...." - Wes

Thanks

In general...

...if you don't like how things are ran here...Leave.

Pretty straight forward.
    ____JOSHUA____
    ______
    ROCK CHALK JAYHAWK GO KU!!

Kansas City Chiefs

6. The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to Jerhart For This Useful Post:

Creeptastic (05-19-2009),jfreels (07-15-2010),Jyson (05-19-2009),littleindiangirl (05-20-2009),Shadera (05-19-2009),Spaniard (05-19-2009),stormwulf133 (05-19-2009),truthsdeceit (05-19-2009),waltah! (05-19-2009)

Thanks

Ok. Then. How would you put the TOS? Let's get some suggestions. I'm sure the Admins wouldn't mind.

How would you state the rules to keep the site kid friendly, and make everyone feel welcom. It can't be that you can say anything. Maybe we could put up a poll on different rules, and members can vote on them?

We should be able to come to a happy medium. Right?
    "Be not afraid of greatness: some are born great, some achieve greatness, and some have greatness thrust upon them." ~William Shakespeare

1.1 Normals - Apollo & Medusa
    1.0 Pastel - Zeke
    0.1 Pastel het OG - Dixie
    0.1 Pastel het Axanthic
    0.1 Spider het Axanthic
    1.1 Mojave - Clyde & Bonnie
    1.0 Black Pastel - Conan
    0.1 Spider - Dizzy

Thanks

I don't care what power someone holds.. The TOS should be followed by everyone..

If not, yeah it should be rewrote.

Thanks
    Thanked 2,795 Times in 1,171 Posts

Ok. Then. How would you put the TOS? Let's get some suggestions. I'm sure the Admins wouldn't mind.

How would you state the rules to keep the site kid friendly, and make everyone feel welcom. It can't be that you can say anything. Maybe we could put up a poll on different rules, and members can vote on them?

We should be able to come to a happy medium. Right?
    Actually, no.

There must be authority in charge. While some would do fine with none some would not and those who wouldn't need the protection of rules and regulations which must be enforced consistently.

It's a shame you newbs don't know my past. I used to hear the mod forums humming when I'd join a site. I know what I'm talking about when I say these mods do a damn fine job at a difficult task.

Things are pretty good here and I don't think any changes are needed.

Maybe a little loosening in the Q room, but even that is no big deal.
    I may not be very smart, but what if I am?
    Stinky says, "Women should be obscene but not heard." Stinky is one smart man.
    www.humanewatch.org

10. The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to wilomn For This Useful Post:

blackcrystal22 (05-18-2009),dsirkle (05-18-2009),frankykeno (05-18-2009),Ironhead (05-19-2009),jfreels (07-15-2010),JLC (05-18-2009),Jyson (05-19-2009),littleindiangirl (05-20-2009),waltah! (05-19-2009)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Jerhart View Post
    In general...

...if you don't like how things are ran here...Leave.

Pretty straight forward.
    I'm going to say this from the neutral zone. There are two sides or more in just about everything. Same here on this site. You have the "stuck up" side and the "ghetto" side. I realize both of these are negative terms, but are the views of the "other" side, if you will. "edit" I'm not trying to start anything here, just showing that a general negative attitude is displayed from both angles. "/edit"

Opinions are opinions, but favoritism just isn't right. If you're going to enforce these rules for "one side", you should do so for the "other side" as well. It is not fair to any members to have to worry about which group they choose to associate with, or how they have to mold their posts as not to anger a group into harassment.

Every one has the right to be treated equally.

Thanks
    Thanked 2,795 Times in 1,171 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Ben Biscy View Post
    I'm going to say this from the neutral zone. There are two sides or more in just about everything. Same here on this site. You have the "stuck up" side and the "ghetto" side. I realize both of these are negative terms, but are the views of the "other" side, if you will. "edit" I'm not trying to start anything here, just showing that a general negative attitude is displayed from both angles. "/edit"

Opinions are opinions, but favoritism just isn't right. If you're going to enforce these rules for "one side", you should do so for the "other side" as well. It is not fair to any members to have to worry about which group they choose to associate with, or how they have to mold their posts as not to anger a group into harassment.

Every one has the right to be treated equally.
    LOL LOL LOL

Not everyone sees through the same set of blinders you do. It's a common misconception but erroneous nonetheless.
    I may not be very smart, but what if I am?
    Stinky says, "Women should be obscene but not heard." Stinky is one smart man.
    www.humanewatch.org

Page 5 of 16 FirstFirst 123456789101112131415 ... LastLast