Vote for BP.Net for the 2013 Forum of the Year! Click here for more info.

» Site Navigation

» Home
 > FAQ

» Online Users: 2,453

2 members and 2,451 guests
Most users ever online was 6,337, 01-24-2020 at 04:30 AM.

» Today's Birthdays

None

» Stats

Members: 75,100
Threads: 248,542
Top Poster: JLC (31,651)
Welcome to our newest member, Scott L.
Page 3 of 16 FirstFirst 12345678910111213 ... LastLast

Thread: Here you are...

BPnet Veteran
    Thanks

Re: Here you are...

Quote Originally Posted by CeraDigital View Post
    Oh? What about continuing members? How many members have left the forum, or refuse to post? That should reflect the merit of the forum as well
    Currently Active Users: 117 (63 members and 54 guests) - Time: 6:46PM EST
    Total members that have visited the forum today: 530

Looks to me like enough people like the forum enough for it to stay busy fairly regularly. Long standing members come and go for various reasons and at the end of the day there is still a large number of people who are regularly on this forum. I have a universal opinion when it comes to forums:

If you don't like it leave.

This isn't my forum, this isn't my "Home" either but I do spend a fair amount of time on here as well as other forums (Including one you practically destroyed my rep on). If I didn't like those forums I wouldn't visit and post there. That doesn't mean I agree with everyone or everything that goes on but at the end of the day my meaningless moaning and groaning isn't going to fix anything.

Looking at it from your point of view, I would leave BP.net and not come back, if someone "asks you" to post, why not just ask that person to reference you with a e-mail address or something? You don't have to visit this forum to answer someone's questions.

2. The Following User Says Thank You to AaronP For This Useful Post:

stratus_020202 (05-18-2009)

Banned
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by AaronP View Post
    Currently Active Users: 117 (63 members and 54 guests) - Time: 6:46PM EST
    Total members that have visited the forum today: 530

Looks to me like enough people like the forum enough for it to stay busy fairly regularly. Long standing members come and go for various reasons and at the end of the day there is still a large number of people who are regularly on this forum. I have a universal opinion when it comes to forums:

If you don't like it leave.

This isn't my forum, this isn't my "Home" either but I do spend a fair amount of time on here as well as other forums (Including one you practically destroyed my rep on). If I didn't like those forums I wouldn't visit and post there. That doesn't mean I agree with everyone or everything that goes on but at the end of the day my meaningless moaning and groaning isn't going to fix anything.

Looking at it from your point of view, I would leave BP.net and not come back, if someone "asks you" to post, why not just ask that person to reference you with a e-mail address or something? You don't have to visit this forum to answer someone's questions.
    Now look at how many of those members have been here a long time? Where did all those "veterans" go? What happened to some of the new people that registered, and left? That should speak the quality of the forum as well...not just how many users are active. How many users log in, browse, and log off without posting?

I don't answer emails regularly, nor browse most forums. A friend will Call, or IM me...sometimes emails that I hadn't seen for weeks, and reply. That is why I post It's easier for me to simply post the information. I'm typing it up regardless right? Why not simply post myself Your advice was fairly hard to follow for yourself too, eh? Practice what you preach.

Thanks
    Thanked 2,221 Times in 1,151 Posts

I don't see your example as bear baiting. You were asked about a photo shoot you talked about publicly. Maybe you are taking it personally, and reading more intent than was meant?

According to your posts in this thread, it's stating your opinion when it's YOU, but attacking others if it's someone else. It's unfair if you want to continue saying the same thing over and over in a thread that was allowed to go on and on until it simply became repetitive.

You can't insist on a double standard. The thread was allowed, and it finally got down to "He's a good guy, he explained about the big snakes and monitors" or "He's a bad guy becuase he showed big snakes and a monitor in small cages".

You either believe he was fixing the issues, and the tub was a feeding tub, or you believe he was lying. The ones that believe he's a good guy were not being convinced otherwise, and the ones that are convinced he's lying were not being convinced otherwise either. So what more would you want to happen in that thread? It's been up multiple DAYS.

I feel this is one of the best forums as far as friendly discussion. Others might have their high points too, but overall, I prefer this one. I'm sure that you help out here(and elsewhere) with a great deal of very good information about cameras and giants. But if it does make you so unhappy to see any moderation, then perhaps you should bow out, and continue on forums that have less moderation and allow threads to go on for however long that they do?

The end opinion of me is that I do not try to change how a forum is run, and I don't bash the moderators of any forum. If I'm unhappy on any certain forum, at some point I leave, and frequent forums that are run more to my liking. I would hate to think you are making yourself unhappy, just to try to change the moderators of a forum that is successful for most of the members.

Please don't read any of the above with sarcasm. I really do mean it exactly as written.
    Theresa Baker
    No Legs and More
    Florida, USA
    "Stop being a wimpy monkey,; bare some teeth, steal some food and fling poo with the alphas. "

Thanks

Man, I am convinced that you are in the same category as trolls. Just trying to start crap. Your signature is proof of that

Thanks

I don't think she's coming back guys if you read under her picture. It's probably better to let this rest for now. Let's get back to picture scooping
    "Be not afraid of greatness: some are born great, some achieve greatness, and some have greatness thrust upon them." ~William Shakespeare

1.1 Normals - Apollo & Medusa
    1.0 Pastel - Zeke
    0.1 Pastel het OG - Dixie
    0.1 Pastel het Axanthic
    0.1 Spider het Axanthic
    1.1 Mojave - Clyde & Bonnie
    1.0 Black Pastel - Conan
    0.1 Spider - Dizzy

BPnet Veteran
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by CeraDigital View Post
    Now look at how many of those members have been here a long time? Where did all those "veterans" go? What happened to some of the new people that registered, and left? That should speak the quality of the forum as well...not just how many users are active. How many users log in, browse, and log off without posting?

I don't answer emails regularly, nor browse most forums. A friend will Call, or IM me...sometimes emails that I hadn't seen for weeks, and reply. That is why I post It's easier for me to simply post the information. I'm typing it up regardless right? Why not simply post myself Your advice was fairly hard to follow for yourself too, eh? Practice what you preach.
    People register and NEVER post on forums ALL the time, that's just the nature of the internet. Sometimes someone will sign up, ask a question and never post again because the learn to use the "Search" feature. I am friends with a few people who are veterans on this forum who very rarely post but they visit it as frequently as I do.

And for the people who did sign up and leave, they fall into my philosophy or forums, they didn't like it and they left.

And practice what I preach? I don't moan and groan on forums and then leave only to come back and stir up the pot some more. And if you want to bring up what happened on the BLBC, I was banned and later unbanned thus I resumed posting.

BPnet Veteran
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by stratus_020202 View Post
    I don't think she's coming back guys if you read under her picture. It's probably better to let this rest for now. Let's get back to picture scooping
    Just for the record, CeraDigital is guy .

9. The Following User Says Thank You to AaronP For This Useful Post:

stratus_020202 (05-18-2009)

Thanks
    Thanked 7,201 Times in 3,028 Posts
    Blog Entries

I'd like to set the record straight about something before public or private speculation gets carried away.

Andrew (CeraDigital) was banned due to Infraction points earned. He did NOT earn infractions from this thread (except for two points for cursing). We let him speak his mind in this thread and will leave his words here for anyone to read and make their own minds up about the fairness or unfairness of the staff.

But Andrew was not content with that. He also created a new signature for himself that the staff felt was an intentional effort to undermine our authority and credibility to run this site properly. I sent him a PRIVATE message letting him know that while we will allow a certain amount of public discussion and questions, he had gone too far with that signature and would earn serious infraction points if he chose to leave it up.

He chose to leave it up. He earned the infractions. And continued to leave it up...and earned more infractions. At which point, he suggested that we simply make the ban a permanent one (rather than the 30-day temporary ban 100 points usually earns) and that he would be sure to smear us on some forum review program he is participating on.

That is the end of the story.
    -- Judy

Banned
    Thanks

This thread isn't locked? WoW!

Thanks

Banned for speaking his opinion, or so it seems, maybe a little aggressively.

Yeah.

Awesome.
    MH

Who the hell is Pat?

"Pattimuss doesn't run, he prances most delicately, like a beautiful but sad fairy, winged and capped, curly toed shoes on each foot, dancing on dewdrops while lazy crickets play soft music for him to keep time by...." - Wes

13. The Following User Says Thank You to DutchHerp For This Useful Post:

joshthaxton (05-19-2009)

Page 3 of 16 FirstFirst 12345678910111213 ... LastLast