Vote for BP.Net for the 2013 Forum of the Year! Click here for more info.

» Site Navigation

» Home
 > FAQ

» Online Users: 3,325

2 members and 3,323 guests
Most users ever online was 6,337, 01-24-2020 at 04:30 AM.

» Today's Birthdays

None

» Stats

Members: 75,097
Threads: 248,540
Top Poster: JLC (31,651)
Welcome to our newest member, Travism91
Page 2 of 16 FirstFirst 123456789101112 ... LastLast

Thread: Here you are...

Thanks

Re: Here you are...

Lol..I guess you havnt been to the forums I have. So many of them, and not all reptile related, where you basically have to walk (type) on eggshells, or its an insta-banned.

And you know what I meant when I stressed that it is free for all of us to participate in. If you think it is such an unfair place, why not just enjoy your time at the other forums if you arent enjoying it here. You know very well that no matter what anyone says or shows you, you wont say it is fair. There is possibly no way to give you solid proof of that anyways. Again..it is another opinionated conversation. What they think is fair, you may not, what you think is fair, they may not. It will never get solved. The beauty about the internet, is that there are TONS of forums out there to enjoy. If you find that you do not enjoy one, pack up and leave it, even for a little while if you have to. I know that is what I do. No use stressing over an internet forum ( been there, done that).

Old enough to remember. Freakie_frog's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,884 Times in 2,148 Posts
    Blog Entries

Andrew we try our hardest as human beings to run this site in a manner that allows users to be involved to an non-hostile and educational experiance.

Like it, Hate it, Stay or Leave..these are your choices..We're not forcing anyone to participate if any member feel's like we aren't providing what they are looking for in their online reptile community, As you said there are many more forums out there. I'm sure that everyone in the end finds one they like I know I have.. This one..
    When you've got 10,000 people trying to do the same thing, why would you want to be number 10,001? ~ Mark Cuban
    "for the discerning collector"

Thanks
    Thanked 7,199 Times in 3,028 Posts
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by CeraDigital View Post
    Now when another breeder would have given such answer, they would have probably been ripped apart for "lying" or covering up their story, correct?
    How can someone answer assumptions of hypothetical situations? I suppose when you see a kitten crossing the road, you would swerve to try and hit it on purpose, right? Naahhhh...you wouldn't do that, you'd just try and scare it a little...right?

Brian EARNED the respect afforded him and given to him by the vast majority of the herping community. If you can't see that, then I am sorry for you.

Or perhaps give better practice towards equal treatment. Would that not be definition of fair? "Equal"

What guarantee can you give, other than integrity, to provide a "fair" and "equal" forum? What proof do you have, as has been claimed, that this is a fair, or "fairest" internet forum...
    So, being people of integrity and honesty isn't good enough for you? Not sure what else we can be. Should we LOWER our standards in order to more closely match YOUR idea of "fairness"...to bend the rules for you in the contests...or to unjustly punish someone just because YOU didn't like something they said?

Oh? Practically making fun of my statement. I do believe that would be bear baiting.
    Again, in your eyes, perhaps. But not in the eyes of the staff. I'm sorry you disagree with that position.

I had not seen that mistake "corrected". I am not the only individual who had seen that as poking a stick, bear baiting, or making fun. Perhaps you should go and look back on it.
    I didn't say you were the only one.

As for my fairness? Perhaps you should look at what fairness means, before claiming a fair site.

You preach fairness, yet I have seen other breeders, such as Wes Harris attacked for no reason other than your own justifications. You all were pretty severe on him...please do, tell.... how much do you know of the truth about what went on, other than claims on fauna, or second hand comments, such as the market crashing. How much of the truth did Wes state, when it was shunned, or looked down on and he was called a liar? This is just an example.
    What did Wes Harris do to earn the respect of the community BEFORE serious issues cropped up in his business? The questions put to Wes were done so simply because he had no credibility built up at all. Why should anyone have given him the benefit of the doubt at the time when he had done nothing to earn such a benefit? If that one example is the entire extent of your repertoire of our unfairness, then you're trying to balance on a one-legged tripod.

Look at a few other forums, such as CU. Large amount of ACTIVE members. 2 moderators. Nothing such as this going on. Hmmm...obviously those forums are doing something right. Even when something such as a large disagreement goes down, nothing like this happens.
    I'm happy for them! Truly! And I'm sure they will be more than blessed to have you make yourself at home over there.

So you cannot answer my question? I've given more than one statement as to how it is not fair. Where is yours?
    I will let our actions stand for us. If we're as unfair as you claim us to be, then our membership will leave for the greener pastures of those "other" forums you like so much. If we drive our membership away due to our own actions, then we will have gotten what we deserve.
    -- Judy

Banned
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Deborah View Post
    Andrew what I found amazing here is that obviously this is not the first time you complain about this forum or the staff you have done so here, as well as other places, you also made farewell threads numerous times (since I have been a member here)……………………Yet you always come back

This confuses me if you hate it so much here why are you always coming back? Is it because of the free ads? The controversy? The drama?

We know it’s not because it is a great forum that you like, nor is it about the staff or the way this forum is ran, so why is it?
    Numerous times? Hmmm, again on fairness. Lets see.... A while back I would get repeatedly attacked by a certain member, yet when a complaint was made about the harassment, a simple answer was given... "He is entitled to his opinion". Pretty much horse poo if you ask me, if another member is being harassed. Wouldn't you say? I had things going on such as re-enlistment, jobs going down I had to work with a 3rd shift, schooling for the apprenticeship etc that would have kept me from posting. That is why I had made the threads.

I come back and RARELY post. The posts I normally make are about camera equipment, or giants. It's about that simple. How many keepers here are fairly knowledgeable on giants? I am mainly contacted by other members to help out with a thread here or there. I don't regular this forum, nor do I care to.
    Last edited by Nate; 05-18-2009 at 06:26 PM.

Banned
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by JLC View Post
    How can someone answer assumptions of hypothetical situations? I suppose when you see a kitten crossing the road, you would swerve to try and hit it on purpose, right? Naahhhh...you wouldn't do that, you'd just try and scare it a little...right?
    Proof could have been posted. It is that simple....

Quote Originally Posted by JLC
    Brian EARNED the respect afforded him and given to him by the vast majority of the herping community. If you can't see that, then I am sorry for you.
    This does not exempt him from questioning... nor does proof. How many times has Jay Vella been bashed here, or elsewhere for his "practices" without even being contacted? Jav is the largest, and most respected Reticulated Python breeder in the world....

What did Wes Harris do to earn the respect of the community BEFORE serious issues cropped up in his business? The questions put to Wes were done so simply because he had no credibility built up at all. Why should anyone have given him the benefit of the doubt at the time when he had done nothing to earn such a benefit? If that one example is the entire extent of your repertoire of our unfairness, then you're trying to balance on a one-legged tripod.
    Tripods have 3 legs, Monopods have one How about producing and proving out morphs? Providing prime, healthy, good looking examples of morphs? Wes had been around longer than you think, and did have quite a bit of respect built up... I guess you cannot answer my question.

I'm happy for them! Truly! And I'm sure they will be more than blessed to have you make yourself at home over there.
    Actually, I've been there longer than I have here. It would be a forum one could call home

I will let our actions stand for us. If we're as unfair as you claim us to be, then our membership will leave for the greener pastures of those "other" forums you like so much. If we drive our membership away due to our own actions, then we will have gotten what we deserve.
    If you let your actions speak, you may want to reconsider...

Thanks
    Thanked 7,199 Times in 3,028 Posts
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by CeraDigital View Post
    If you let your actions speak, you may want to reconsider...
    I think I've dignified this with as much time as it deserves...more, really. You have your mind set, and nothing I or anyone else can say will change or sway it.

Every single member of the site can read this and decide for themselves who is being reasonable and who is not. I'm happy for them to come to whatever conclusions they think best for themselves.

I wish you all the best.
    -- Judy

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by JLC View Post
    THAT was a mistake, and I apologize for it. It is entirely likely that Dale did not realize the thread had been locked. The "reply" button continues to work as normal for staff members, so it is all too easy to respond in a locked thread if they didn't notice it was locked to begin with.

I agree with you 100% that staff members should not post in locked threads in order to argue with someone that can't respond back in the same fashion.
    I did not realize that the thread had been locked. I would not have posted in that thread had I known. I apologize for doing so.
    Do not resuscitate

Telling it like it is! Stewart_Reptiles's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 20,811 Times in 9,584 Posts
    Blog Entries

You know Andrew if it was me and I was unhappy on a forum because of the atmosphere, other members, its staff I would leave and never look back.

YOU chose to be here, no one is forcing you to be here no one is forcing you to agree with the way the forum is ran either, at least you have the ability to express yourself about it, which would not always be the case on other forums.

The thing is that you cannot please everyone (even the President knows that ), you also cannot make everyone get along, that too is impossible, all you can do is try to maintain peace in all fairness and whether you believe it or not the staff here is definitely trying is best doing so.

If you think otherwise than maybe there is a community out there that is more suited to YOUR needs maybe you can even create your own community………………but again no one is forcing you to be a member or post here just like no one is forcing me to be here or post here I an doing so because I want to and because I like this community (if I did not I would not be here).
    Deborah Stewart

9. The Following User Says Thank You to Stewart_Reptiles For This Useful Post:

Jerhart (05-18-2009)

Banned
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Deborah View Post
    You know Andrew if it was me and I was unhappy on a forum because of the atmosphere, other members, its staff I would leave and never look back.

YOU chose to be here, no one is forcing you to be here no one is forcing you to agree with the way the forum is ran either, at least you have the ability to express yourself about it, which would not always be the case on other forums.

The thing is that you cannot please everyone (even the President knows that ), you also cannot make everyone get along, that too is impossible, all you can do is try to maintain peace in all fairness and whether you believe it or not the staff here is definitely trying is best doing so.

If you think otherwise than maybe there is a community out there that is more suited to YOUR needs maybe you can even create your own community………………but again no one is forcing you to be a member or post here just like no one is forcing me to be here or post here I an doing so because I want to and because I like this community (if I did not I would not be here).
    If someone needs help with their camera equipment, photography choices, etc, I am there to help. Same a long the lines of Rock Python aspects. If I take a shot, I take a shot... but to make outright claims that this forum is fair, especially the "fairest"...is different. It was said to take it to site info if you have a problem....well... here I am.

Quote Originally Posted by Site Rules and Terms
    3. No Hate Speak. This includes, but is not limited to: cursing; threats of violence; racial, religious, or sexual slurs; personal attacks; bear-baiting; and speech intended to cause or further a "flame war" or personal vendetta. This includes vindictive use of the Reputation System. Ultimately, it will be up to the staff (the mods and ultimately the admins) to determine if any given post or thread has crossed these lines.
    Quote Originally Posted by rabernet
    Whatever happened to the photo session you were so excited about at Brian's btw? His integrity didn't seem to be an issue to you then?
    Quote Originally Posted by rabernet
    And you cancelled a photo shoot because of monitors in feeding tubs?

Seems you could have seen for yourself instead of joining the speculation bandwagon
    Hmmmm.... seems to be bear baiting.

11. The Following User Says Thank You to CeraDigital For This Useful Post:

DutchHerp (05-18-2009)

Thanks

So, why couldn't these questions have been answered in pm's? Why bring them out publicly? You would probably get quicker answers in pm's. Since, you are notified immediately if you have one.

I am new to this forum, but I know it has been around for a long time. I'm sure if the mods were so unfair it wouldn't be here.

I appreciate all the mods do for us. Look at what happened to Bruce (and if you don't know, you should look it up). This kind of closeness doesn't happen on a lot of forums. This forum is like a family. I can only hope when my children's children get their first herp, this site is here to help them with any/all of their questions.
    "Be not afraid of greatness: some are born great, some achieve greatness, and some have greatness thrust upon them." ~William Shakespeare

1.1 Normals - Apollo & Medusa
    1.0 Pastel - Zeke
    0.1 Pastel het OG - Dixie
    0.1 Pastel het Axanthic
    0.1 Spider het Axanthic
    1.1 Mojave - Clyde & Bonnie
    1.0 Black Pastel - Conan
    0.1 Spider - Dizzy

Page 2 of 16 FirstFirst 123456789101112 ... LastLast