Vote for BP.Net for the 2013 Forum of the Year! Click here for more info.

» Site Navigation

» Home
 > FAQ

» Online Users: 3,328

3 members and 3,325 guests
Most users ever online was 6,337, 01-24-2020 at 04:30 AM.

» Today's Birthdays

None

» Stats

Members: 75,100
Threads: 248,542
Top Poster: JLC (31,651)
Welcome to our newest member, Scott L.
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,326 Times in 1,368 Posts
    Blog Entries

Re: Gargoyle Gecko Cage Size

Ok, well I am not going to argue as this is another one of those things with rhacs that I have seen people argue to the death about on other forums. I don't have as much experience with gargoyles as I do other rhacs and I don't mind admitting that, so if others here have experience keeping large numbers of gargs successfully then you can take their advice over mine.

As for hatchlings--I have raised hundreds of hatchlings and my very best results have been with using kritter keepers and smaller enclosures for them until they are larger. I don't feel that is coddling--that is just me doing what has worked very well for me (and also for many others), and therefore that is what I recommend. I do feel that hatchlings need to be tended to more so than adults and to deny them that could lead to problems (one quick example--a hatchling will dehydrate much faster than an adult and needs higher humidity to help with frequent sheds, therefore you need to take more time to see that they are misted daily and have fresh water, whereas adults do not require as much misting and tending to in that respect).
    - Emily

Thanks
    Thanked 2,326 Times in 1,368 Posts
    Blog Entries

Re: Gargoyle Gecko Cage Size

Quote Originally Posted by STORMS View Post
    Here this caresheet should help
    I just looked at that caresheet and the information in it is completely wrong. Please do not use that as a guide at all--I am going to have it removed ASAP.
    - Emily

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12