Vote for BP.Net for the 2013 Forum of the Year! Click here for more info.

» Site Navigation

» Home
 > FAQ

» Online Users: 3,369

1 members and 3,368 guests
Most users ever online was 6,337, 01-24-2020 at 04:30 AM.

» Today's Birthdays

None

» Stats

Members: 75,097
Threads: 248,541
Top Poster: JLC (31,651)
Welcome to our newest member, Travism91
Page 9 of 30 FirstFirst 12345678910111213141516171819 ... LastLast
    Thanks

Re: Big snakes, small enclosures.

Thanks waltah glad someone got a laugh out of that is was meant to lighten things up lol.

Thanks
    Thanked 2,795 Times in 1,171 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by littleindiangirl View Post
    BTW, not all three or four of the people you see on youtube is all of his help. Bryan spends (from his own mouth on his skits) most of his day in the office returning calls and emails.

If you've ever been near the guy when he isn't working, his phone literally rings NON STOP, and that was before this huge popularity boost in his videos.

He has a crew of people working for him daily, every single day of the week. Lori is an awesome woman and does the heavy lifting in regards to managing the care of the animals and crew.

Again, I am so disgusted to see these really wild accusations, even ones that Bryan himself has already answered (i.e. Monitor feeding).

Should we make a magazine? The BB (Big breeders) weekly? Where people with no life and full of spite go around and judge what the big guys do during the week?
    There are some real scumbag breeders out there and I don't really see a problem with the initial query here.

The problem is the ASSumption by some that THEY know better.

Brian is a good guy, has always been a good guy and should, because of that long standing goodguyness, not have to put up with nonsense like unfounded accusations from well meaning but knowledge lacking people.

Sigh.

Folks, reputation is important. If 30 people, 27 of whom have excellent reputations and 3 of whom have good ones but personalities that are abrasive yet all agree that someone not in that group is not only a good guy but doing things in at the minimum an acceptable, if not above necessary manner, chances are good that you, if you think all 30 are wrong, are yourself in error.

It's ok to be wrong, it's fine to question. The thing is, when you don't know as much as those who are telling you you're wrong, you need to double check your original assertions and make adjustments to your knowledge based on what you have learned from those who know more than you.

Just because you know how to use YouTube does not make you an expert. Reading a caresheet written by someone who once read a caresheet, does not make you an expert. Knowing a guy who keeps his burm a certain way, does not make you an expert.

Years of experience. Successful successive breeding. Healthy animals. Satisfied customers. Actual knowledge. THESE things make you an expert.

There's a reason 4th graders don't teach college English.

Can you figure out what it is? The same applies here.
    I may not be very smart, but what if I am?
    Stinky says, "Women should be obscene but not heard." Stinky is one smart man.
    www.humanewatch.org

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Denial View Post
    Im just saying that noone knows exactly how much space a snake needs. But they can live and breed in tubs. Humans could live and breed in closests we wouldnt like it but my point is we could survive with it. Alot of people dont think big snakes like to move but reticulated pythons for instance are VERY active snakes. They enjoy climbing and roaming and everything my retics NEVER stay still my burms are completly different Ive had chloe in a 6 foot vision for over 2 years and Ive seen her on the opposite side once a week to get her food from me. My retics on the other hand pace back and forth there cages all the time. buts it not convient to have huge cages when you have a certain amount of snakes.
    Perhaps there is a lack in your keeping.

I've kept retics, never had one bigger than about 22 ft, but once they hit the 12 to 14 foot mark they were markedly less active. Maybe yours are hungry.

You may want to rethink your closet analogy too. Without sunlight most diurnal mammals would not last long for more reasons than need discourse here and now.

Again, comparing mammals to reptiles is adding value how?
    www.humanewatch.org

Thanks

Well if you keep or kept retics you would know they are ALWAYS hungry. No matter how you feed them. I feed my animals weekly so they do have belly fulls but if offered they would take more without a second look.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Denial View Post
    Well if you keep or kept retics you would know they are ALWAYS hungry. No matter how you feed them. I feed my animals weekly so they do have belly fulls but if offered they would take more without a second look.
    So said by the expert.

Gotcha.
    www.humanewatch.org

Thanks

Whoa! This is going in a bad direction. I think the op has his answer. Are the enclosures in question small? Yes. Obviously he has/is going to change them. There is nothing we can do about it.

His animals are beautiful, and not looking like they are taking damage. So are Denial's.

Please
    "Be not afraid of greatness: some are born great, some achieve greatness, and some have greatness thrust upon them." ~William Shakespeare

1.1 Normals - Apollo & Medusa
    1.0 Pastel - Zeke
    0.1 Pastel het OG - Dixie
    0.1 Pastel het Axanthic
    0.1 Spider het Axanthic
    1.1 Mojave - Clyde & Bonnie
    1.0 Black Pastel - Conan
    0.1 Spider - Dizzy

7. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to stratus_020202 For This Useful Post:

Denial (05-13-2009),DutchHerp (05-13-2009),zackw419 (05-13-2009)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by wilomn View Post
    You may want to rethink your closet analogy too. Without sunlight most diurnal mammals would not last long for more reasons than need discourse here and now.

Again, comparing mammals to reptiles is adding value how?
    Wilomn makes a point that I guess can just not be made enough. Comparing people to snakes is very misleading. But for the sake of argument lets look at people. People are routinely put in prisons where they are given what they need to be physically and mentally healthy (at least as much as they were before prison).

Many people choose to live in boxes no bigger than 1000 to 2000 square feet with ceilings sometimes only 8 to 10 feet high. Often its hard to get humans out of these boxes and if they do come out, its not for long. Humans will scurry from one box to another and seam perfectly happy. Thats what humans need/want to be happy. If you have a problem with keeping animals in captivity that's one thing, but if you have a problem keeping certain species of animal in a specific enclosure you best have a lot of experience with that specific species before you attack someones reputation.

9. The Following User Says Thank You to Egapal For This Useful Post:

littleindiangirl (05-13-2009)

Thanks

wilomn

Im by no means an expert and never ever said anything that I was. However you can ask anyone that keeps retics they are active pythons.

Thanks

A full snake, is a lazy snake. Process of digestion.
    ____JOSHUA____
    ______
    ROCK CHALK JAYHAWK GO KU!!

Kansas City Chiefs

Thanks

I dont like arguing and this seems to be where this post is heading. I agree with stratus the op has his answer from both sides. Every one is intitled to there opinion I support everyones opinions. I do agree a full snake is a lazy snake but "in my experience" With my reticulated pythons they are never lazy. Once again I would like to point out thats in my experience with "my retics". Everyone have a good day! Im going to clean cages. Maybe snap some new pics to post!

Danny

13. The Following User Says Thank You to Denial For This Useful Post:

DutchHerp (05-13-2009)

Page 9 of 30 FirstFirst 12345678910111213141516171819 ... LastLast