Vote for BP.Net for the 2013 Forum of the Year! Click here for more info.

» Site Navigation

» Home
 > FAQ

» Online Users: 3,425

2 members and 3,423 guests
Most users ever online was 6,337, 01-24-2020 at 04:30 AM.

» Today's Birthdays

None

» Stats

Members: 75,097
Threads: 248,541
Top Poster: JLC (31,651)
Welcome to our newest member, Travism91
Page 8 of 30 FirstFirst 123456789101112131415161718 ... LastLast
    Thanks

Re: Big snakes, small enclosures.

Quote Originally Posted by waltah! View Post
    You have to keep in mind that when you send Brian a PM he probably has 50 new ones sitting there when he logs on. He is on every Wed to post for Snakebytestv, but he also posts for it everywhere else as well. To say it's "tough to fight for someone who won't fight for themselves" is a bit much. He may very well still be unaware of this thread. BTW, i'm not attacking your post i'm just trying to make a point.
    Yes, your right. I'm sure he's plenty busy. I'm just being impatient. It would be nice to put this thing to rest once in for all. I'm ready for a lock, but he deserves a chance.
    "Be not afraid of greatness: some are born great, some achieve greatness, and some have greatness thrust upon them." ~William Shakespeare

1.1 Normals - Apollo & Medusa
    1.0 Pastel - Zeke
    0.1 Pastel het OG - Dixie
    0.1 Pastel het Axanthic
    0.1 Spider het Axanthic
    1.1 Mojave - Clyde & Bonnie
    1.0 Black Pastel - Conan
    0.1 Spider - Dizzy

Thanks
    Thanked 1,111 Times in 629 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by waltah! View Post
    For the record the mods here DO give the same warnings to regular members....I have the expired infraction points to prove it
    Ditto on that. I think we have a few matched sets.
    Praying for Stinger Bees

Thanks
    Thanked 2,795 Times in 1,171 Posts

I wonder why any of you think Brian owes you anything.

If I were Brian I may just ignore the lot of you, just let you sit on your thumbs and spin to your heart's content.

Back when I kept large burms I was in the same room with them 8 to 12 hours a day at least 5 days a week. I produced a LOT of burms. I also recall them moving very little.

Some of you guys, you experts with little to no personal experience, need to realize that while you may well have an opinion, you have no basis, no right, to tell someone how to keep their snakes and lizards.

All these doggone high horses have left quite a mess around here. I ASSume those of you who rode them in will now be cleaning up after them.
    I may not be very smart, but what if I am?
    Stinky says, "Women should be obscene but not heard." Stinky is one smart man.
    www.humanewatch.org

4. The Following 19 Users Say Thank You to wilomn For This Useful Post:

+ Show/Hide list of the thanked

2kdime (05-13-2009),771subliminal (05-13-2009),ballpythonluvr (05-18-2009),Buttons (05-13-2009),dr del (05-13-2009),littleindiangirl (05-13-2009),Mike Cavanaugh (05-16-2009),monk90222 (05-20-2009),mooingtricycle (05-13-2009),rabernet (05-13-2009),RichsBallPythons (05-13-2009),Royal Morphz (05-18-2009),Salem Purrs (05-22-2009),Spaniard (05-13-2009),Stewart_Reptiles (05-13-2009),stormwulf133 (05-13-2009),stratus_020202 (05-13-2009),waltah! (05-13-2009),West Coast Jungle (05-13-2009)

Thanks

I dont think brian needs to respond to anything. How he keeps his animals is his business. Just like how everyone keeps there animals is there business. Ive met people with water monitors they keep in the bathroom and anacondas they keep in closests with no heat. I dont think thats safe but thats m.o. Brian is a very busy man and im sure he doesnt have time to respond to all of us. This same thread though ahs popped up on a few forums and im sure hes seen at least one of them bashing his cages. I remember when the video of the nile in the tub came out there was quite a few people that were bashing him on numerous threads for seeing that so im sure hes aware of all that but he cant please everyone no one can and its not his problem to please everyone. Those are his snakes and he will house them the way he wants. Alot of people may not like it but I dont like seeing people walking around the mall with ball pythons wrapped around there wrists but I see it everyweekend. And seeing people carry burms down the sidewalk. Even saw a guy with a redtail boa wrapped around the front of his trusck driving down the road at the beach last week. but thats there snakes and they can do with them what they please. I never rode in here on a horse. IM not to fond of horses lol. But there will always be people arguing over what size tank they think is right and some people think that is they breed for you then they are happy and healthy but as I stated earlier you could lock me in a closest for the rest of my life and feed me and stick a naked chick in there and I would breed with her and still live. Now I may not enjoy being stuck in a closest all my life but I would survive lol

6. The Following User Says Thank You to Denial For This Useful Post:

waltah! (05-13-2009)

Thanks
    Thanked 5,584 Times in 3,092 Posts
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by stratus_020202 View Post
    I sent him a pm yesterday, and e-mailed on his website. I know he's been on since then becuase he has posted. I'm sorry guys, but it's hard to fight for someone who won't fight for themselves.

However, complaining about it on here isn't going to solve anything. All we are doing is attacking each other. WHERE IS THE LOVE PEOPLE!!

I'm sorry, on a more serious note, someone try and get ahold of him to see if he has anything to say.
    If I were Brian, I wouldn't bother to respond to forum gossip either, where he's already been charged, tried and convicted by some of the participants.

What could he possibly have to gain from it, besides being accused of lying by those who have already chosen not to go straight to the source but have chosen instead to gossip on an internet forum about him?

Thanks
    Thanked 1,252 Times in 931 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Denial View Post
    as I stated earlier you could lock me in a closest for the rest of my life and feed me and stick a naked chick in there and I would breed with her and still live. Now I may not enjoy being stuck in a closest all my life but I would survive lol
    Thanks for that, Danny
    --Walt

9. The Following User Says Thank You to waltah! For This Useful Post:

Denial (05-13-2009)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by rabernet View Post
    If I were Brian, I wouldn't bother to respond to forum gossip either, where he's already been charged, tried and convicted by some of the participants.

What could he possibly have to gain from it, besides being accused of lying by those who have already chosen not to go straight to the source but have chosen instead to gossip on an internet forum about him?
    Yes, I suppose your right. With an operation that big, your bound to have a little negativity. I would love to tour his facility. I can only hope I get the opportunity someday.
    "Be not afraid of greatness: some are born great, some achieve greatness, and some have greatness thrust upon them." ~William Shakespeare

1.1 Normals - Apollo & Medusa
    1.0 Pastel - Zeke
    0.1 Pastel het OG - Dixie
    0.1 Pastel het Axanthic
    0.1 Spider het Axanthic
    1.1 Mojave - Clyde & Bonnie
    1.0 Black Pastel - Conan
    0.1 Spider - Dizzy

Thanks
    Thanked 2,795 Times in 1,171 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Denial View Post
    I dont think brian needs to respond to anything. How he keeps his animals is his business. Just like how everyone keeps there animals is there business. Ive met people with water monitors they keep in the bathroom and anacondas they keep in closests with no heat. I dont think thats safe but thats m.o. Brian is a very busy man and im sure he doesnt have time to respond to all of us. This same thread though ahs popped up on a few forums and im sure hes seen at least one of them bashing his cages. I remember when the video of the nile in the tub came out there was quite a few people that were bashing him on numerous threads for seeing that so im sure hes aware of all that but he cant please everyone no one can and its not his problem to please everyone. Those are his snakes and he will house them the way he wants. Alot of people may not like it but I dont like seeing people walking around the mall with ball pythons wrapped around there wrists but I see it everyweekend. And seeing people carry burms down the sidewalk. Even saw a guy with a redtail boa wrapped around the front of his trusck driving down the road at the beach last week. but thats there snakes and they can do with them what they please. I never rode in here on a horse. IM not to fond of horses lol. But there will always be people arguing over what size tank they think is right and some people think that is they breed for you then they are happy and healthy but as I stated earlier you could lock me in a closest for the rest of my life and feed me and stick a naked chick in there and I would breed with her and still live. Now I may not enjoy being stuck in a closest all my life but I would survive lol
    You however, unless you are from the midwest, LOL, were not designed for a sedentary lifestyle. Big pythons were.

See the difference there?

Comparing mammalian needs with reptilian needs is valuable to this discussion how?
    I may not be very smart, but what if I am?
    Stinky says, "Women should be obscene but not heard." Stinky is one smart man.
    www.humanewatch.org

Thanks

BTW, not all three or four of the people you see on youtube is all of his help. Bryan spends (from his own mouth on his skits) most of his day in the office returning calls and emails.

If you've ever been near the guy when he isn't working, his phone literally rings NON STOP, and that was before this huge popularity boost in his videos.

He has a crew of people working for him daily, every single day of the week. Lori is an awesome woman and does the heavy lifting in regards to managing the care of the animals and crew.

Again, I am so disgusted to see these really wild accusations, even ones that Bryan himself has already answered (i.e. Monitor feeding).

Should we make a magazine? The BB (Big breeders) weekly? Where people with no life and full of spite go around and judge what the big guys do during the week?

13. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to littleindiangirl For This Useful Post:

2kdime (05-13-2009),771subliminal (05-13-2009),Drew87 (05-13-2009)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by wilomn View Post
    You however, unless you are from the midwest, LOL, were not designed for a sedentary lifestyle. Big pythons were.

See the difference there?

Comparing mammalian needs with reptilian needs is valuable to this discussion how?
    Im just saying that noone knows exactly how much space a snake needs. But they can live and breed in tubs. Humans could live and breed in closests we wouldnt like it but my point is we could survive with it. Alot of people dont think big snakes like to move but reticulated pythons for instance are VERY active snakes. They enjoy climbing and roaming and everything my retics NEVER stay still my burms are completly different Ive had chloe in a 6 foot vision for over 2 years and Ive seen her on the opposite side once a week to get her food from me. My retics on the other hand pace back and forth there cages all the time. buts it not convient to have huge cages when you have a certain amount of snakes.

Page 8 of 30 FirstFirst 123456789101112131415161718 ... LastLast