Vote for BP.Net for the 2013 Forum of the Year! Click here for more info.

» Site Navigation

» Home
 > FAQ

» Online Users: 3,153

0 members and 3,153 guests
No Members online
Most users ever online was 6,337, 01-24-2020 at 04:30 AM.

» Today's Birthdays

» Stats

Members: 75,103
Threads: 248,542
Top Poster: JLC (31,651)
Welcome to our newest member, Michaelmcalvey
Page 7 of 30 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314151617 ... LastLast
    Thanks

Re: Big snakes, small enclosures.

I didnt say I was judging anyone. But to own that number of snakes, those types of enclosures, that number of employees, be able to tape a live show every week trust me I doubt very seriously he is strapped for cash. He may not be rolling in it but hes not loosing it either

Thanks

I didn't mention Brian by name in my post. I also didn't say he was "rolling in cash". I said if he chose to provide larger enclosures, a portion of the cost would be tax deductible. That saves money.

If you can't take care of something properly, don't keep it.

Chris
    "That cute little lizard in the pet shop will, in a few short years, become an enormous, ferocious carnivore; capable of breaking the family cat's neck in a single snap and swallowing it whole." - Daniel Bennett

passion.herp
    passionherp.com
    info@passionherp.com
    facebook.com/passion.herp

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by DutchHerp View Post
    Well I think the tubs are too small, but he even keeps large monitors in tubs... that's unacceptable, IMO.

Just thought I would let everyone know. I had contacted Brian awhile back inquiring about his Sav's and how he keeps/breeds them. He told me he doesn't keep them in tubs, they have custom built enclosures. I don't remember the dimensions as I used an email account I no longer have, but rest assured his animals are properly kept. Also another point snakes don't generally need exercise. Most snakes have a very small range in the wild and don't move that much unless hunting for food. A python or boa kept in tubs I believe is acceptable, the problem with most keepers is over feeding and obesity or just poor heat and humidity levels. Another thing is a lot of snakes spend most of their time in dark hiding spots, so does that make keeping snakes in glass cages inhumane? They are more comfortable and calm kept in a setup where they are hidden. If it is all about what is best for the animals, people need to look at their natural behavior and keep them accordingly. Just my two cents.

Brian has been doing this longer than most of the people on this forum, he is one of the leading reptile keepers/breeders. He knows what is best for the animal and does what is needed. Also with large collections like he has, it is next to impossible to keep all of his animals in cages. Just think of the space he would need, he wouldn't be able to keep up and it would kill his business. I am sure you can contact any of the large giant snake breeders and they will tell you they keep them similarly.

Thanks

He also shows monitors in these tubs, and says they are "feeding tubs". Yet we are never shown their actual enclosures...

As a keeper of large varanids, this is atrocious.

Chris
    "That cute little lizard in the pet shop will, in a few short years, become an enormous, ferocious carnivore; capable of breaking the family cat's neck in a single snap and swallowing it whole." - Daniel Bennett

passion.herp
    passionherp.com
    info@passionherp.com

Thanks

mumps my post wasnt directed towards you.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by waltah! View Post
    I'm curious to know if anyone has notified Brian regarding this.
    I sent him a pm yesterday, and e-mailed on his website. I know he's been on since then becuase he has posted. I'm sorry guys, but it's hard to fight for someone who won't fight for themselves.

However, complaining about it on here isn't going to solve anything. All we are doing is attacking each other. WHERE IS THE LOVE PEOPLE!!

I'm sorry, on a more serious note, someone try and get ahold of him to see if he has anything to say.
    "Be not afraid of greatness: some are born great, some achieve greatness, and some have greatness thrust upon them." ~William Shakespeare

1.1 Normals - Apollo & Medusa
    1.0 Pastel - Zeke
    0.1 Pastel het OG - Dixie
    0.1 Pastel het Axanthic
    0.1 Spider het Axanthic
    1.1 Mojave - Clyde & Bonnie
    1.0 Black Pastel - Conan
    0.1 Spider - Dizzy

Thanks

I've followed this thread for a bit and I just have this to say...

I am appalled at what some of you guys are saying about Brian. I don't keep any giants but I do keep Blood Pythons that get a decent size. These guys jut don't need a real big enclosure.

The fact that he keeps his animals in 6 foot cages at the moment shouldn't make a difference. The man has already stated he is going to be ordering 8 foot cages, realizing his 6 footers are too small. Problem solved!!

Some of you say that because you haven't seen an animals "home", and only its "feeding tub" that Brian deserves a bullet for animal cruelty. Shut your mouth, and call they guy up and talk to him personally. Better yet, go visit his facility and see what he does, instead of basing your facts on what you have or haven't seen in a WEEKLY video he is producing FOR YOU!

It makes me so sick to hear people that share common interests to BASH each other. What the hell is wrong with some of you? As if we don't have enough pressure and fights coming from special interests groups and the government! Now we're fighting amongst ourselves?

Grow up people.

8. The Following 10 Users Say Thank You to 2kdime For This Useful Post:

771subliminal (05-13-2009),ballpythonluvr (05-18-2009),Buttons (05-13-2009),cinderbird (05-13-2009),dr del (05-13-2009),Enser54 (05-13-2009),littleindiangirl (05-13-2009),rabernet (05-13-2009),stormwulf133 (05-13-2009),stratus_020202 (05-13-2009)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by wishexotics View Post
    If it is all about what is best for the animals, people need to look at their natural behavior and keep them accordingly. Just my two cents.
    Show me the research that shows a snake has a natural home range of 3 square feet...

Chris

ps - V. albigularis has a natural home range of 3 sq. km.

passion.herp
    passionherp.com
    info@passionherp.com

10. The Following User Says Thank You to mumps For This Useful Post:

DutchHerp (05-13-2009)

Thanks
    Thanked 1,252 Times in 931 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by stratus_020202 View Post
    I sent him a pm yesterday, and e-mailed on his website. I know he's been on since then becuase he has posted. I'm sorry guys, but it's hard to fight for someone who won't fight for themselves.

However, complaining about it on here isn't going to solve anything. All we are doing is attacking each other. WHERE IS THE LOVE PEOPLE!!

I'm sorry, on a more serious note, someone try and get ahold of him to see if he has anything to say.
    You have to keep in mind that when you send Brian a PM he probably has 50 new ones sitting there when he logs on. He is on every Wed to post for Snakebytestv, but he also posts for it everywhere else as well. To say it's "tough to fight for someone who won't fight for themselves" is a bit much. He may very well still be unaware of this thread. BTW, i'm not attacking your post i'm just trying to make a point.
    --Walt

Telling it like it is! Stewart_Reptiles's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 20,811 Times in 9,584 Posts
    Blog Entries

And with all due respect, why should JP treat you mods any different than other people on the forum. What are you, the Aristocrats of BP.net?
    Where in the TOS does it say we can't "aggressively confront" the mods? I never see you guys give people warnings when they talk like this to other users... but because you are a mod you have the right to do this? Or am I misunderstanding?
    I think at this point you just want to stir up so I will make it clear again just in case you missed it on the previous page.

Baseless ACCUSATIONS are not confrontation or disagreement.

Accusing the staff in such a manner without any proof is nothing nore than an attempt to discredit the staff and it violates the TOS he agreed on, upon registering, so did YOU by the way.

16. No posts or private messages may be made or sent with the express intent to antagonize or discredit the staff. Violation may result in your account being placed immediately on moderated status and/or permanent ban.
    Before you answer I would encourage you to read the TOS again

http://www.ball-pythons.net/forums/a...t.php?f=89&a=9

I will ask it again since some of you seem so concern about the well being of those animals. Did any of you talk to Brian about your concerns or are you only capable of posting on a forum behind someone's back?
    Deborah Stewart

13. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Stewart_Reptiles For This Useful Post:

ballpythonluvr (05-18-2009),Bruce Whitehead (05-13-2009),RichsBallPythons (05-13-2009),stratus_020202 (05-13-2009)

Page 7 of 30 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314151617 ... LastLast