Vote for BP.Net for the 2013 Forum of the Year! Click here for more info.

» Site Navigation

» Home
 > FAQ

» Online Users: 3,152

0 members and 3,152 guests
No Members online
Most users ever online was 6,337, 01-24-2020 at 04:30 AM.

» Today's Birthdays

» Stats

Members: 75,103
Threads: 248,542
Top Poster: JLC (31,651)
Welcome to our newest member, Michaelmcalvey
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Thanks

Re: Is this a good trade

Where are you guys getting this canned worm thing from??? LOL

BPnet Veteran
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,689 Times in 1,200 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by jrosen123 View Post
    IMO the gecko in the picture does not look full grown yet.
    A 10 gallon is fine for one gecko, but if you want to set it up in a bigger enclosure (not huge) they do enjoy space to roam. But they do need at least 2 hides on each end ( of course).

As far as how fair the trade is, I think the bp is worth more, but if you do not have any plans to breed, then it is completely up to you. Leos are a pleasure to care for, and are very low maintenance.

If you DO end up taking the leo, try feeding it live worms and crickets etc. (saw that u mentioned a CAN of worms) and also, I am not sure how recent that picture is, but the white tips on its toes looks like left over shed that got stuck on its toes, if left on too long, the skin will tighten on the tips and eventually cut off the circulation to its toes. Just something to look out for.

PS. Sorry for getting WAY ahead of myself with the tips on leos before you even decided to get it

Jamie
    the canned worms was a guess as i figured thats waht she was being fed. but if the trade goes through crickets will be fed to keep her active.

Thanks

Its good to feed them different food items.. I feed mines mealworms, superworms, and crickets and you can give them waxworms every now and then 10 gallon is fine but just for one leopard gecko. Sounds like a good trade to me.
    1.0.0 pastel ball python: morpheus
    1.2.0 leopard geckos: wolverine: phoenix: mystique
    0.0.1 yellow-nape amazon parrot: meeko

BPnet Veteran
    Thanks

Just waiting on their word whether or not to do the trade.

Thanks

It sounds like a good trade. Honestly the uth costs atleast $20, tank $15calcuim $5, tub $10,hides $5 each and crickets not to mention the gecko pritty much + around the gecko's cost.The gecko is still young so I'd trade as long as your sure you want to let go of your snake.
    Too many pets to list!

BPnet Veteran
    Thanks

Im not fond on the het albino as hes a dinker to me and would never breed him. I have a 1200 gram male that is jsut a pet so i don't need another male.

Even though the Het albino was studded out to a guys albino girl who has had her POS so i guess hes proven then. but ill never breed him myself.

Always wanted a gecko but never wanted to but all the stuff to set one up as snakes are so much easier to set up now.

But by the way the person with gecko is i dont think the trade will go through. She said she had to think about it but i dont get that part as she came to me for the trade so i dont know. Hope she does want to but if not, it happens.

Registered User grim reaper in NY's Avatar
    Thanks

The bottom line is, something is only worth what someone is willing to pay, or trade for it. If you want the Leo, then go for it. It's really not fair to ask members here what's fair and what's not in terms of trading fodder. As we all can see, the party you were trying to strike a deal with is offended and feels as though she's been attacked here from the input you're getting from fellow forum members. I have seen people make, what I thought, were pretty foolish trades, but you know what? The parties doing the trading got what they wanted and everyone was happy, so who's to say what something is and is not worth.
    It all comes down to what YOU want, not what WE think something is worth. if you spend any amount of time on these forums you'll get a very good idea what monetary value our reptiles bring, from B/P's to Leopards to Beardies and everything in between. As long as you and the other person are satisfied with the trade, that's all that matters.
    Later,

Bri

0.1 - Pastel Ball Python
    2.0 - Normal Ball Pythons

8. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to grim reaper in NY For This Useful Post:

771subliminal (05-04-2009),dr del (05-04-2009),stargazed85 (05-05-2009),volcom2772 (05-04-2009)

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123