Vote for BP.Net for the 2013 Forum of the Year! Click here for more info.

» Site Navigation

» Home
 > FAQ

» Online Users: 3,277

1 members and 3,276 guests
Most users ever online was 6,337, 01-24-2020 at 04:30 AM.

» Today's Birthdays

None

» Stats

Members: 75,097
Threads: 248,539
Top Poster: JLC (31,651)
Welcome to our newest member, Travism91
    Thanks

Do you consider this sneezing

i just bought 1.2 breeders from where i buy my feeders lol anyways i would like to know would you consider this sneezing sounds like there just clearing there nose not sure of rat behavior any help would be nice Thanks Robert
    http://s491.photobucket.com/albums/r...urrent=061.flv
    Robert's Reptiles
    1.0 mystic
    0.1 pastel butter
    1.0 pastel yellow belly
    1.1 mojave
    0.1 cinny
    0.7 normals

BPnet Veteran
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,689 Times in 1,200 Posts

Re: Do you consider this sneezing

Probably not as every animals sneezes. my male i had since it was a sm rat whos now 655grams will sneeze often. Even more so right after im done holding him and put him back in his cage.

If yous become tired more and lazy then you may have some with the Mycro flaring up. Other wise they look perfectly healthy

Thanks

Difficult to tell the difference between them crunching around on the bedding and the sneezes, but yes, its a sneeze.

4. The Following User Says Thank You to littleindiangirl For This Useful Post:

gixxerrobballs (04-30-2009)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by littleindiangirl View Post
    Difficult to tell the difference between them crunching around on the bedding and the sneezes, but yes, its a sneeze.
    ok so is that bad should i kill them off disinfect and start over with different breeding stockThanks Robert
    Robert's Reptiles
    1.0 mystic
    0.1 pastel butter
    1.0 pastel yellow belly
    1.1 mojave
    0.1 cinny
    0.7 normals

Thanks

BTW Connie i was hoping you seen my ? most all the questions i read about rats on here was answered by you thanks HELP ME lol hook me up with some breeders PLEASEThanks Robert
    Robert's Reptiles
    1.0 mystic
    0.1 pastel butter
    1.0 pastel yellow belly
    1.1 mojave
    0.1 cinny
    0.7 normals

Thanks

No, you don't need to get rid of them, sneezing is normal when excited or in a new environment (even seasonal allergies can make a rat sneeze).

Your rats look healthy and happy from the vid. Just monitor that the sneezing doesnt get worse. Provide a high quality lab block, clean water, don't overcrowd and they'll likely be fine.

Treat them with care, and they will likely clear it up on their own.

Also, the amount of sneezing I heard wasn't terrible. It really could be a number of reason why. Once it gets to be sneezing every few minutes, they are little under the weather and need a little extra something.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by littleindiangirl View Post
    No, you don't need to get rid of them, sneezing is normal when excited or in a new environment (even seasonal allergies can make a rat sneeze).

Your rats look healthy and happy from the vid. Just monitor that the sneezing doesnt get worse. Provide a high quality lab block, clean water, don't overcrowd and they'll likely be fine.CHECK

Treat them with care, and they will likely clear it up on their own.

Also, the amount of sneezing I heard wasn't terrible. It really could be a number of reason why. Once it gets to be sneezing every few minutes, they are little under the weather and need a little extra something.
    Thanks connie im getting more this weekend i'll make a vid so you can check them out....
    Robert's Reptiles
    1.0 mystic
    0.1 pastel butter
    1.0 pastel yellow belly
    1.1 mojave
    0.1 cinny
    0.7 normals

Thanks

Hi I am new to breeding rats but I have noticed with my guys when I first change their litter they will sneeze more and then it stops. (aspen shredded)

And I also tried some kiln dried pine pellets and the two boys that were suppose to be girls that I took out for pets had some real issues with it.They were sneezing a lot so I finally got my order of aspen chips in and I change their litter and no more sneezes. So there must of had an issue with it.

But all the other 8 in my rack seem to be okay with the pellets but I think I am going to put them back on the aspen chips IF I can get it regular enough.
    They like to tunnel around in the aspen and they are not doing this with the pellet so I feel like I have taken some of their enjoyment away. Plus when they do have babies I am not going to keep them on the pellets so no biggie.
    And as far as smell being better we will see.

The shredded apsen I was getting was really dusty and I think thats why they would sneeze with it esp right after I change their tubs.

Anyway I am still experimenting with everything but these are just some things that I have noticed so far with litter/bedding and sneezing.
    Don't know if it will help or not .
    Good luck
    rhsm