Vote for BP.Net for the 2013 Forum of the Year! Click here for more info.

» Site Navigation

» Home
 > FAQ

» Online Users: 3,191

2 members and 3,189 guests
Most users ever online was 6,337, 01-24-2020 at 04:30 AM.

» Today's Birthdays

None

» Stats

Members: 75,102
Threads: 248,542
Top Poster: JLC (31,651)
Welcome to our newest member, Geezy99
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: help

Thanks

help

ok, I just woke up and my new BP is in the hide on the cool side. its 72degrees on the cool side. WTF! How the hell did it drop? Its been a constant 82!!! on the hot side its 90!!! If it drops like this, do you think i need a CHE? Ive only had the girl a day!! i dont want to make her sick. What do it need to do?

BPnet Veteran
    Thanks

Re: help

Calm down. We'll get through this just fine. It seems like a huge difference between your warm side and your cool side (72 to 90)!!! I don't even know how this could happen in the same enclosure unless it's huge! It sounds like a faulty reading on your thermometer. Give us more details about your set-up.

Thanks

I have a zoo med UTH on a zoomed thermostat on the hot side. Cool side nothing. just the little temp from the other one. Maybe i need to buy another UTH?

Thanks
    Thanked 1,374 Times in 1,053 Posts

so it HAD been a constant 82?

What changed?

Household temp changes affect your overall cage temp. If you kicked on the AC with warmer weather approaching your indoor house temp near the snake cage might be cooler than it was not long ago, sucking more heat out of the cool side.

BPnet Veteran
    Thanks

What are you using to measure heat? Where is the probe, and where are you measuring the cool side temp from? Is the snake still in the cool side hide?

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by mainbutter View Post
    so it HAD been a constant 82?

What changed?

Household temp changes affect your overall cage temp. If you kicked on the AC with warmer weather approaching your indoor house temp near the snake cage might be cooler than it was not long ago, sucking more heat out of the cool side.
    The only thing i changed was putting the snake in. thats all. it has been cooler weather. not in the hundreds.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Jenn View Post
    What are you using to measure heat? Where is the probe, and where are you measuring the cool side temp from? Is the snake still in the cool side hide?
    snake is still in the hide for the cool side. Im using the Accurite. probe is on the hot side, and the monitor is next to the hide on the cool side

BPnet Veteran
    Thanks

I wouldn't be too worried if the snake is still in the cool side hide. Are both hides the same? Is the Accurite probe on the surface of the substrate in or near the warm side hide? Tub or tank? If tank is it covered/insulated? Where in the room is the set-up?

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Jenn View Post
    I wouldn't be too worried if the snake is still in the cool side hide. Are both hides the same? Is the Accurite probe on the surface of the substrate in or near the warm side hide? Tub or tank? If tank is it covered/insulated? Where in the room is the set-up?
    Both hides are the same. The probe is under the substrate, under the hide. Its 90. The monitors is NEXT to the hide on the cool. Its a 20gal Long terrium. Screen top.

Thanks
    Thanked 6,788 Times in 4,306 Posts

Hi,

Has the snake moved the probe? Or P'd on it?

dr del
    Derek

7 adult Royals (2.5), 1.0 COS Pastel, 1.0 Enchi, 1.1 Lesser platty Royal python, 1.1 Black pastel Royal python, 0.1 Blue eyed leucistic ( Super lesser), 0.1 Piebald Royal python, 1.0 Sinaloan milk snake 1.0 crested gecko and 1 bad case of ETS. no wife, no surprise.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast