these type of thermostats are now on my turd list. my main controller has failed completly now. it was worknig fine for the most part on some days it kick out and a simple relpuging of it was all that it needed. well today it more less fried itself. it goes either off or completly on( wide open) I had seen it was out this mornig and replugged it. and started to feed the asf and check their water bottles, it take aobut 20-30 minutes depending no how fast I feel up to moving . well in the short time t took me ot do all thsi I turn to go leave the roomand do my normal quick check on the temps and I see 150+ reading on the digital display I do a quick check and felt a couple different spots thinkngi the probe gone bad. nope I almost burnt myself every time . and I did a quick check with a piece of rope light and shore enough the suckers stuck wide open no matter were I turn the dial it does click off but It not trash and so my poor bugger go a night ( at least ) with out any extra heat the space heater does at least keep the room about 79-83( nights being the cooler temps) and i nthe later day I turn it off( tomrrow it goes off at sunrise it gets to be almost 85 here) I will be picking up a new johnsond control unit late tomorrow if the person get time to wire it up one he off work. I am thinknig that flexwatt ( at 11inches wide draws moer than 20watts worth. since the 17 ft of it I runnnig is just over 200 watts and the dial was rated for about 600 ( max)..

I now will start to work on a new rack for the remaining 6 snakes that are in cages..( one shelf will be an empty place for he boa ot go warm up when she cold since sh too large for her cage and I don't think there is enough room to build a 7 x3x 3 unit n the room with everything else. lol her old cage will be kept since she does return there to drink and take care of nature ( better than some other animals I know lol)