Vote for BP.Net for the 2013 Forum of the Year! Click here for more info.

» Site Navigation

» Home
 > FAQ

» Online Users: 3,364

2 members and 3,362 guests
Most users ever online was 6,337, 01-24-2020 at 04:30 AM.

» Today's Birthdays

» Stats

Members: 75,095
Threads: 248,538
Top Poster: JLC (31,651)
Welcome to our newest member, Daisyg
    BPnet Veteran
    Thanks

At Tom Wolfe's house

I happen to live fairly close to Tom Wolfe's house, so yesterday I delivered the 606 letters I had collected to him, rather than pay for the postage. I offered to stay and help with the sorting or anything else that would be good for the cause.

It was pretty awesome to see, especially knowing that Tom Wolfe had already delivered many of the letters to the representatives, so what I saw was only a part of it! Literally thousands of letters passed through my hands, from all over the US. I saw little packages with only a few sets of letters, and some BIG ones too! Together, they added up to a huge amount of letters!

I'd been there for a few hours when it was time for Matthew to get off work, so I went and picked him up and then we went back, because there was still lots more to do.

Even our 7 yr old daughter was able to help. We home-school her, and I can not imagine a better lesson on how our government works than the one she has been getting the past week or so. She worked hard when we were trying to get signatures on letters, too. She does an incredibly good job of explaining the bill, considering she's only 7 years old, and people have a hard time saying no to a little kid who is upset because the government might not let her get another pet betta when the one that she has dies.

Thanks again to EVERYONE who sent in letters, even if it was only one set. Our voice is being heard. Now we just have to get those idiots who support this bill to actually turn on their brains and realize what a horribly bad piece of legislation it is.
    Casey

2. The Following 11 Users Say Thank You to kc261 For This Useful Post:

+ Show/Hide list of the thanked

Art_In_Scales (04-22-2009),Corvid (04-22-2009),DutchHerp (04-22-2009),grammie (04-22-2009),green farmer (04-22-2009),Muze (04-22-2009),PythonWallace (04-22-2009),rabernet (04-22-2009),Spaniard (04-22-2009),stratus_020202 (04-22-2009),waltah! (04-22-2009)

Thanks
    Thanked 1,029 Times in 195 Posts

Re: At Tom Wolfe's house

Casey, I've said it before and I'll say it again ... you've put forth an AMAZING effort in this fight and we're all better off because of it. Thank you for everything that you've been doing for all of us!

-adam
    Click Below to Fight The National Python & Boa Ban

"The world is a dangerous place, not because of those who do evil, but because of those who look on and do nothing."
    - Anna Sewell, author of Black Beauty

BPnet Veteran
    Thanks

Thanks Adam.

I'd like to publicly point out that when I emailed you at nearly 3:30am last night/this morning, I got an immediate response, because you too were not only awake at that hour, but checking and responding to nohr669 emails.

I'm not the only one working hard at this, and I personally appreciate the efforts, big or small, that everyone is making.
    Casey

Thanks
    Thanked 5,584 Times in 3,092 Posts
    Blog Entries

Great job Casey, we love the updates, and it's awesome seeing everyone come together in this effort!

Do I get Paid for this??? LadyOhh's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,115 Times in 1,073 Posts
    Blog Entries

Virtual hugs for you, Casey, for taking initiative and keeping people informed!
    Heather Wong
    I AM the Wonginator
    Heather's Herps Website
    READ MY BLOG!!!
    Balls for Life, Baby!!!

Thanks
    Thanked 1,029 Times in 195 Posts

Seems like everyone I talk to lately has been missing a whole lot of sleep!

But sleepless or not, we ALL have one thing in common ... we're standing together and protecting the animals that we love!

Keep up the great work EVERYONE!!

-adam
    Click Below to Fight The National Python & Boa Ban

"The world is a dangerous place, not because of those who do evil, but because of those who look on and do nothing."
    - Anna Sewell, author of Black Beauty