Vote for BP.Net for the 2013 Forum of the Year! Click here for more info.

» Site Navigation

» Home
 > FAQ

» Online Users: 3,258

1 members and 3,257 guests
Most users ever online was 6,337, 01-24-2020 at 04:30 AM.

» Today's Birthdays

» Stats

Members: 75,095
Threads: 248,538
Top Poster: JLC (31,651)
Welcome to our newest member, Daisyg
    Thanks

boa strange possible ri syntoms

I have a 9 mnth old boa. She has had some strange syntoms ever since I had the incident with a heat pad burning one of my tubs. The snake that was in the tub died not long after. There was fumes from the plastic burning that lingered for days. My snakes are in the basement and it was winter so couldnt really air the place out very well. Anyhow the boas tub was very near by so I think she ended up breathing alot of the fumes. Now she has ri syntoms, sometimes. Its strange she will have the crackiling and then sometimes would open her mouth for a gasp of air. She has not ever shown any other syntoms. No mucas, no holding up her head. She has as big an appetite as ever and sheds no prob. So i bumped up her heat and humidity and the syntoms go away, then they will come back. So I think about a vet appointment then they go away agian. this has been ongoing for a while. she will be fine for a period of time then for a few days she will show syntoms then they go away. Just this week I planned to get her an appontment she had the syntoms then last night they were near gone agian. My concern is that ill get an appointment which you have to wait for then take her in and shell be fine. Then get charged for a vet to say shes fine. I cant get to a vet it seems at the same time she is showing syntoms.
    1.0 50% het clown 1.0 50% het lavender 2.6 normal bp 1.0 normal poss axanthic 1.0 het pied bp 1.0 yellow belly 1.0 mojave bp 2.0 spider bp 2.1 pastel bp1.1 Cinnamon bp
    7.0 corns - normal motley stripe het snow,anery a het hypo, snow, red candy cane, motley stripe orange candy cane, anery motley possible ghost , butter motley 0.6 corns -amel,high white amel,creamsicle,ghost, snow, orange candy cane 1.0 albino jungle corn, 1.0 mexican black king, 1.0 california king, 1.0 milk snake 0.1 kenyan sand boa 0.1 dummerils boa 1.1 bci normal, 0.1 pastel bci,0.1 kahl albino bci,1.0 salmon het kahl albino bci, 0.1 guatamalan boa 0.1 hogg island boa 1.0 JCP 0.1 woma python 3.0 leos-normal,blizzard,rw albino,rw b blizzard 0.7 leos-normal,hypo tangerine,mack snow,albino, rwb blizzard,raptor, rw albino 0.1 C. Turneri (thick toed gecko)1.1 crested gecko0.1rose hair T. 0.0.1 black emporer scorpion
    1.0 beardie

http://kryptonianreptiles.webs.com Kryptonian Reptiles now on Facebook

Thanks

Re: boa strange possible ri syntoms

Have em do a culture and sensitivity test, if she has any funky bacteria going on , the test will tell you.

Thanks

the fact that it is coming and going is the boas own immune system, trying to fight it off periodically when the white blood cell (immune cells) gain momentum, probably triggered when the snake is not on the cooler side of the cage. it is better to take it to a vet and have a culture and sensitivity of the nose, mouth, and inside the mouth done, and sent to the lab for a pathologist to look at and run a full culture (which tells you what, if any, organisms grow, and sensitivity is what the organism(s) that are grown are either resistant to or sensitive too, (regarding which antibiotics or anti-fungal medication need to be used to fight the organsim)

Registered User grim reaper in NY's Avatar
    Thanks

If you have ANY inclination your snake might be sick, take it to the vet ASAP. I don't understand how people can sit and contemplate taking their pet to the vet if they even think there's a possibility they might be sick. It's worth it just for the peace of mind to make sure your snake is ok. Don't risk your pet's health. Get it to your vet ASAP!!!!
    Later,

Bri

0.1 - Pastel Ball Python
    2.0 - Normal Ball Pythons