Vote for BP.Net for the 2013 Forum of the Year! Click here for more info.

» Site Navigation

» Home
 > FAQ

» Online Users: 3,320

3 members and 3,317 guests
Most users ever online was 6,337, 01-24-2020 at 04:30 AM.

» Today's Birthdays

None

» Stats

Members: 75,097
Threads: 248,539
Top Poster: JLC (31,651)
Welcome to our newest member, Travism91
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Thanks

Re: Piranha feeding on crazy frog

Man, that really made me sad. I dont have anything against you posting it , but just saying i did not enjoy that video. I dont have anything against animals eating, but that broke my heart to see that lol. I think it was more the guys laughing and cheering that irked me more than anything.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by m00kfu View Post
    Basically, yes -- technically, no. It's one thing to be asphyxiated and swallowed whole -- but ripped into pieces while still alive and breathing? It's definitely NOT a good way for people to see our hobby.
    Nature sucks doesnt it?

Thanks

Yes, I thought the guys cheering it on and getting a kick out of it was rather sick.. Yes, I also felt bad for the frog. So I didn't care to finish the video. Unfortunately, my feelings don't change the way reality works. So, I just found my browsers "back" button and clicked it. simple as that.

Thanks

I knew this vid (and similar where people feed living mice) and it made me sick when i watched it, not because of the fact that an animal dies in it, but because of the intention of the people who made it.
    They get a kick because they see a frog being torn to pieces and being still "alive" to the very end. I feed my snakes live or p/k, killing the rodents myself by breaking their neck and i am an avid fisher, so I am not on the soft side if it comes to dealing with killing animals. But in this case there is no reason for this frog to die in such a manner, except for entertainment, so if you are ok with something like this you should not oppose bullfights, dogfights, cockfights, bettatournaments... whatever. (Some of the mentioned offers even "better" entertainment and can look back on a long tradition)
    P.S. : I would say the frog is a toad and i doubt they make a very healthy diet for piranhas
    Last edited by FlowRock; 04-18-2009 at 03:51 PM.
    1.0 Ballpython Pete Townshend
    1.0 Boa BCI Bob Marley
    1.0 Cornsnake Elton John
    0.0.1. Rogers racersnake (Platyceps/Coluber rogersi) Mike Tyson
    0.3. Leopard Geckos (1 normal, 1 SHT het. Albino)
    0.0.1 Pacman Frog Albino, Tosh
    0.0.1 Tockay, Rudy
    1.1. Red Oscars (1 normal, 1 albino), 0.0.2 catfish (corys)

5. The Following User Says Thank You to FlowRock For This Useful Post:

Muze (07-02-2009)

Thanks

Yea those guys getting the entertainment out of it was the part I didnt like either because I saw a video of them doing it to a mouse too and I did not like it, the reason I posted it because I was soo amazed that the frog lasted so long in against that many piranhas, thus posting the video but everyone has they're own opinion on this video and I apologize for those that did not like it. Thanks for the input everyone.
    1.1 Normal Kaz and Silvia

Thanks

This is a video of live feeding of a preditor fish. I had piranha and fed them live and dead fish. Feeding live fish or other animal that needs to be bit in more then once occasionally a half eaten casulty like like the frog lives a bit longer then if a snake constricts it . Animals all have thier own ways to eat small bites are just what this type of fish does. In the wild the fish wouldn't be going oh cute frog I can't eat you. Nope they just eat them. People need to relax slightly. My corn just ate a pinky alive w/o killing it first and it cried all the way down!
    Too many pets to list!

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by rebeccabecca View Post
    This is a video of live feeding of a preditor fish. I had piranha and fed them live and dead fish. Feeding live fish or other animal that needs to be bit in more then once occasionally a half eaten casulty like like the frog lives a bit longer then if a snake constricts it . Animals all have thier own ways to eat small bites are just what this type of fish does. In the wild the fish wouldn't be going oh cute frog I can't eat you. Nope they just eat them. People need to relax slightly. My corn just ate a pinky alive w/o killing it first and it cried all the way down!
    i had four do the same today, downed them while they were still wiggling....

i found the video fascinating. i've never had piranha, but i would like to own a few in the future (display and educational purposes, permanent housing). Very similar to oscars, but much more efficient with the bites.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Ben Biscy View Post
    i found the video fascinating. i've never had piranha, but i would like to own a few in the future (display and educational purposes, permanent housing). Very similar to oscars, but much more efficient with the bites.
    hehe yea me too, I would def want to own a few piranhas myself, another one I'd want is a Tegu man are they sweet reptiles, you can almost feed them anything that you keep in your house plus they look really kool, I just hear they're really hard to tame.

Thanks

but before I get anything else I really want a female albino bp :-)
    and a male spider man that would be a good combo

Thanks

If you end up getting redbellies you just have to get a redbellied pacu. I mean they have the best way of not getting aten by the pack, they look and act like one. They change from vegitarian to meat loving right away.they also have 2 sets of teeth wich makes thier bit way nastier then a piranha. It used to eat more then the piranha!
    Too many pets to list!

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast