Vote for BP.Net for the 2013 Forum of the Year! Click here for more info.

» Site Navigation

» Home
 > FAQ

» Online Users: 3,491

2 members and 3,489 guests
Most users ever online was 6,337, 01-24-2020 at 04:30 AM.

» Today's Birthdays

None

» Stats

Members: 75,097
Threads: 248,541
Top Poster: JLC (31,651)
Welcome to our newest member, Travism91
Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
    Thanks

Re: Say the bill is passed...

Quote Originally Posted by Nate View Post
    Would you go out of your way - and consciously break the law - in order to ensure the well being of your animals?

In other words, lets say breeding mice and rats is now illegal. But - you need to feed your snakes. Would you still breed mice an rats despite a written law saying you can't do it?

Quite drastic - but this is all "what if"..
    That's if Im ok with breeding them.. I don't want to breed them though. I don't have the kind of place to have that going.

I if I do, I would. And I would think nothing of it. If I dont feed my animals, that would be cruel for me to keep them to starve them. This bill is immoral.

Thanks

I was talking today with a friend about this and he told me somenthing:

The president Obama said something about he will not pass any bill or will not do anything that would hurt the economy and even more if it is something that is making money like this industry is.

I don't know if this is true or how exactly was said, just heared about it today.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by dracovolans View Post
    I was talking today with a friend about this and he told me somenthing:

The president Obama said something about he will not pass any bill or will not do anything that would hurt the economy and even more if it is something that is making money like this industry is.

I don't know if this is true or how exactly was said, just heared about it today.
    yes he said that but then again att general holder said obama supports an assault weapon ban which with the list will include alot of weapons not considerered assault weapons, which obama bin laden said he is there to protect our rights. so far just about everything hes claimed to support has been a lie!

Thanks
    Thanked 1,029 Times in 195 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by flameethrower View Post
    if the law were ever to pass i will continue to breed my mice and rats as their native to this country. ASF i can stop if need be but i wont as many people buy them form me.
    Rats are 100% not native to the United States. Some species of mice are, but not all.

This bill will NEVER pass.
    That's 100% not true. There is very strong support for getting HR 669 passed in Congress. The quote from many left wingers when confronted with the damage that will be done to the pet industry is "The pet industry is collateral damage that we're willing to accept".

Reptiles are more popular than dogs and cats. How often you see dog expos the size of reptile expos.
    Not true at all ... as of last year, there were about 2.2 million US households with either a lizard, turtle, or snake ... while about 80.4 million US households owned at least one dog or cat. Dog and Cat expos are HUGE and happen every weekend all over the United States. Some of the biggest Dog/Cat expos make Daytona and Chicago Reptile Expos look like garage sales.

Just trying to make sure that people understand the facts and how dangerous HR 669 really is.

-adam
    Click Below to Fight The National Python & Boa Ban

"The world is a dangerous place, not because of those who do evil, but because of those who look on and do nothing."
    - Anna Sewell, author of Black Beauty

5. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Adam_Wysocki For This Useful Post:

Beardedragon (04-12-2009),DutchHerp (04-12-2009),Jsh (04-13-2009)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Adam_Wysocki View Post
    That's 100% not true. There is very strong support for getting HR 669 passed in Congress. The quote from many left wingers when confronted with the damage that will be done to the pet industry is "The pet industry is collateral damage that we're willing to accept".

adam
    anyone happen to know who is quoted on saying this?

Thanks

Somehow I just don't see this bill making it.. Let's not fear this bill. Everything will be ok is my prediction..

This came out of nowhere. And easy come easy go.

Thanks

The bill is BS, that's not news to anyone on the board though. If rats and mice are banned it will probably cost us a ton to boost the British market when we are forced to order frozen from there and have it shipped over in cooled freight. Pretty pathetic the US government is spending money on this bill when selling reptiles is no where as bad as our other pathetic laws that matter such as drug traffic and illegal firearms. I try my best not to break the law. 5-10 mph over on the freeway is about it. If the police just enforced traffic laws they would constantly be tired up, much less control the pet trade. Enforce the laws we have instead of making new ones that don't matter. I'm gonna walk to the police station with an ice cream cone in my back pocket, I'll see you guys when I get bailed out.
    Chondro-holic

Quote Originally Posted by DutchHerp View Post
    Yeap, it's official.

David is the official BP.net Morelia-picture-taker-putter-on-the-internet-er!

9. The Following User Says Thank You to DavidG For This Useful Post:

DutchHerp (04-12-2009)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by t-Roy View Post
    Somehow I just don't see this bill making it.. Let's not fear this bill. Everything will be ok is my prediction..

This came out of nowhere. And easy come easy go.
    this didnt come out of nowhere it came from a non functional FWS that cannot enforce the current laws. based on lies from the USGS which isnt even a scientific document nor is it factual

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by nixer View Post
    this didnt come out of nowhere it came from a non functional FWS that cannot enforce the current laws. based on lies from the USGS which isnt even a scientific document nor is it factual
    there you go. Even better!

12. The Following User Says Thank You to t-Roy For This Useful Post:

nixer (04-12-2009)

Thanks

Mods I am not promoting illegal activity... But I suspect, as another poster here mentioned, that if this bill passes, an underground market for herps and feeders WILL develop...

I mean, for example, there's a law in Massachusetts (possibly everywhere in U.S.? not sure) that you aren't allowed to sell turtles under a certain size. When I worked at Petco a couple years ago, you have no idea how many times people asked me questions about their tiny baby turtles; often the turtles were purchased as gifts . I've also talked to many people since having that job that own baby turtles. Not sure where the heck they are getting them, but clearly the law isn't working or isn't being enforced...

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast