Vote for BP.Net for the 2013 Forum of the Year! Click here for more info.

» Site Navigation

» Home
 > FAQ

» Online Users: 3,349

2 members and 3,347 guests
Most users ever online was 6,337, 01-24-2020 at 04:30 AM.

» Today's Birthdays

None

» Stats

Members: 75,100
Threads: 248,542
Top Poster: JLC (31,651)
Welcome to our newest member, Scott L.
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234
    Thanks

Re: My kijiji Purchase (from general)

Quote Originally Posted by spalding11 View Post
    some people were harsh on this one....if you're not breeding/selling it, i say call it what ever makes you happy
    really?? because part of the reason we are here is to educate people new to the hobby. for that reason alone you cant run around calling a snake a pastel if its not. and, no disrespect intended, but the OP confirmed that they were going to breed this animal. what if the majority of a clutch of normals was sold as "low grade pastels"?

doing something because it "makes you happy" does not make it right or responsible.

OP, you have a beautiful snake, btw.
    It ain't 'Trickin if you got it!

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Ponthieux For This Useful Post:

littleindiangirl (04-14-2009)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by sum182 View Post
    I thought he looked like an enchi to! but i doubt it lol. Thanks for everyones input. I wont know until i breed him next year (if he feels like it)
    I was meaning that my female looks more like an Enchi, being banded and green-eyed. Not that yours looks like an Enchi, which is definitely does not.

He's a nice normal, wild-type Ball Python. Nothing more. You're only going to make more normals with him, which isn't bad, but it is what it is.
    --Becky--
    ?.? Normals, 1.0 100% Het Pied Classic Jungle, 1.0 Yellow Hypo, 0.1 100% Het Butterscotch Hypo, 0.1 100% Het VPI Hypo, 0.1 100% Het Yellow Hypo, 1.0 Enchi, 1.1 Yellowbellies, 0.1 YB Granite, 1.0 Black Pastel, 1.0 Lemon Pastel, 0.1 50% Possible Het Banded Albino, 0.1 Spider, 1.0 Fire, 0.2 Granite

BPnet Veteran
    Thanks

As of now im saying its probably a normal. If his babies look like him, i'll know hes a normal. Because from what i know even is a pastel is low grade, it doesnt mean his/her babies will be. correct me if i'm wrong on that.

also, i dont think anyone was being harsh or wanted to come off as being harsh. i understand people ALWAYS post things asking if they're snake is a morph and can understand if its frustrating. Its cool, i like this community and dont think anyone is here to hurt other people. so again, THANKS for all the input
    I dont agree with a word your saying but will defend to the death your right to say it

0.1 Normal
    0.1 Cinnamon
    0.1 Albino
    1.0 Sterling Bee
    1.0 Cinnamon

Thanks

Def not a pastel nice clean normal though.
    Chris http://dragcave.net/user/sg1trogdor
    Time for some until I see

Thanks

I thought he looked like an enchi to! but i doubt it lol. Thanks for everyones input. I wont know until i breed him next year (if he feels like it)

Sorry buy it's a normal. Why even bother breeding it? Cut your loses and buy a breeding size pastel male for a few hundred...

Thanks

haha, yeah, we'll see. I think i may get some good normals out of him and i have nothing else to breed to my 2nd female next year (unless i wanna pick up another male) but its gonna be my first year attempting so i wanna start slow. Thanks bruce
    You should breed him to a nice pastel female his nice clean pattern may lend something nice to the mix for some wicked pastels.
    Chris http://dragcave.net/user/sg1trogdor
    Time for some until I see

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Vibrant Balls View Post
    Sorry buy it's a normal. Why even bother breeding it? Cut your loses and buy a breeding size pastel male for a few hundred...
    Because shockingly there are people out there that would love to buy normal ball pythons!! Maybe not in this hobby that focuses on selling to breeders by breeders, but the pet industry that Petco and Petsmart cater to DO want normals, because that's all they know, and for them, it truly is a PET.

9. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to littleindiangirl For This Useful Post:

catawhat75 (04-14-2009),stratus_020202 (04-14-2009),sum182 (04-15-2009)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by littleindiangirl View Post
    Because shockingly there are people out there that would love to buy normal ball pythons!! Maybe not in this hobby that focuses on selling to breeders by breeders, but the pet industry that Petco and Petsmart cater to DO want normals, because that's all they know, and for them, it truly is a PET.
    good call connie. Let him breed if he wants. It's the only way to tell if it is a morph. Besides he's gotta start somewhere. Might as well do it on a normal, and move up from there.
    "Be not afraid of greatness: some are born great, some achieve greatness, and some have greatness thrust upon them." ~William Shakespeare

1.1 Normals - Apollo & Medusa
    1.0 Pastel - Zeke
    0.1 Pastel het OG - Dixie
    0.1 Pastel het Axanthic
    0.1 Spider het Axanthic
    1.1 Mojave - Clyde & Bonnie
    1.0 Black Pastel - Conan
    0.1 Spider - Dizzy

11. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to stratus_020202 For This Useful Post:

littleindiangirl (04-14-2009),sum182 (04-15-2009)

BPnet Veteran
    Thanks

yeah, thats what i was thinking stratus. i'm starting with a normals and pastels, only (hopefully) 2 clutches next year. 2 easy starts. Then that year (if everything goes well) i'll move to a spider and maybe try some bees. thanks for the support. idk about sellin them to petsmart or co...but maybe to some friends or something, i just need to start to see if im getting myself in to deep.
    I dont agree with a word your saying but will defend to the death your right to say it

0.1 Normal
    0.1 Cinnamon
    0.1 Albino
    1.0 Sterling Bee
    1.0 Cinnamon

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234