Vote for BP.Net for the 2013 Forum of the Year! Click here for more info.

» Site Navigation

» Home
 > FAQ

» Online Users: 2,794

0 members and 2,794 guests
No Members online
Most users ever online was 6,337, 01-24-2020 at 04:30 AM.

» Today's Birthdays

None

» Stats

Members: 75,108
Threads: 248,543
Top Poster: JLC (31,651)
Welcome to our newest member, charcharbinks
    Thanks

Mali passing blood

My friends mali is passing blood and hes not active at all, he took him to the vet and they have him some medicine but he doesnt remember what it was he said it started with an M, but I was wondering if anyone else has had this problem or could give me some advice. Thanks

Thanks

Re: Mali passing blood

Metronidazole? It's for giardia infections as well as hemorrhagic gastroenteritis.

Uromastyx generally are wild-caught and are wrought with internal parasites. If he hasn't had a full fecal test done on the uro, I would get one done to be safe. Could easily have more than giardia in his system. Giardia infections come from dirty water sources and is common in wild-caught animals.

Make sure he has a nice hot basking spot, keep him hydrated and give the meds. And definitely keep an eye on the bowel movements.
    --Becky--
    ?.? Normals, 1.0 100% Het Pied Classic Jungle, 1.0 Yellow Hypo, 0.1 100% Het Butterscotch Hypo, 0.1 100% Het VPI Hypo, 0.1 100% Het Yellow Hypo, 1.0 Enchi, 1.1 Yellowbellies, 0.1 YB Granite, 1.0 Black Pastel, 1.0 Lemon Pastel, 0.1 50% Possible Het Banded Albino, 0.1 Spider, 1.0 Fire, 0.2 Granite

Ridgecrest, California...Gateway to Death Valley!
    Thanks

Just a sidenote, Uros dont drink water, they get the water they need from food. I have not had a water bowl in my Trios cage in over a year, all are doing great. When I bath them, Ive never seen them drink.

Thanks

Uros need to be given fluid if dehydrated. They usually receive the water that they need from their greens, but when ill and/or not feeding, they need hydration. I would also recommend some Critical Care. You can either give as a slurry if he's not eating, or sprinkle on his greens.
    Other Herps:
    6.20 Bearded Dragons (Hypos, Trans, Leathebacks, Reds, etc.), 1.1 Knob Tail Geckos
    Other:
    0.1 Mini American Eskimos, 1.0 Chihuahuas, 0.1 Terrier Mixes, 1.0 Chihuahua/Toy Fox Terrier Mixes
    1.0 Double Rex, 0.1 Beige Ruby Eyed Dumbo, 0.1 Hairless PEW