Vote for BP.Net for the 2013 Forum of the Year! Click here for more info.

» Site Navigation

» Home
 > FAQ

» Online Users: 3,287

1 members and 3,286 guests
Most users ever online was 6,337, 01-24-2020 at 04:30 AM.

» Today's Birthdays

None

» Stats

Members: 75,097
Threads: 248,541
Top Poster: JLC (31,651)
Welcome to our newest member, Travism91
Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast
    Thanks

Re: Pets in Peril!!!!!!!!!!!!! - Say no to HR 669

I can't believe this crap.....almost makes me want to change my political affiliation. The Michigan representative on the panel couldn't be bothered with even reading my email??
    Never mind that I actually live in the same state as him.

Date: Tue, 14 Apr 2009 16:39:02 -0400 [04:39:02 PM EDT]
    To: John Cordone <john@bluewaterreptiles.com>
    Subject: Not read: HR669 Consideration
    Headers: Show All Headers

A message you have sent has resulted in a return notification from the recipient.
    The mail server generated the following informational message:

Your message

To: Kildee, Dale
    Subject: HR669 Consideration
    Sent: Sat, 4 Apr 2009 19:12:40 -0400

was deleted without being read on Tue, 14 Apr 2009 16:39:02 -0400

Thanks

I've sent every falconer I know links to the site. This affects not only those who keep exotics, but those who fly birds of prey Some of us fly captive bred BOP's, not to mention some that aren't native. The North American Falconers Association, or NAFA, is also fighting this bill.

Thanks for the video and site! You have no idea how helpful it is!
    *Micah*
    My blog

Thanks

13 EVEN BETTER STEPS TO STOPPING HR 669!

I talked to Andrew Wyatt from USARK.org tonight about a better way to get multiply packets of letters shipped out and this is what I came up with and have ran by him to make sure it would work.

If you want to help the cause even more you need to make up packets of 22 letters each.

Let's say you have 10 family members or 25 friends? I know you guys have family, and I know that a least a few of them have to love you. So, if they do YOU NEED THEM TO SIGN 22 LETTERS EACH.

Follow these steps to make this easy on you. I figure the easier I make this the more packets of letters you can have signed. Let's make your goal this.

Repeat after me: I WILL HAVE A LEAST 10 PEOPLE SIGN 22 LETTERS EACH BY THURSDAY.

If you care about this hobby at all you need to put this at the TOP OF YOUR PRIORITY LIST RIGHT NOW!!! I'm not trying to be mean but this is serious people.

What you will for this:

• 10 friends or family members that will sign 22 pieces of paper!
    • 22 manila envelopes!
    • 220 pieces of paper!
    • some pens!
    • a printer
    • a love of this hobby
    • you get the idea!!!!!!

- STEP 1!

Print 220 of the following letters. This is if you only want to do the bare minimum of 10 people.

CLICK HERE FOR A PRINTER FRIENDLY COPY OF THE BELOW LETTER. No PDF or WORD needed.

######################################

Subject: No on HR669

Dear Committee Member,

Please oppose HR669. It is a fundamentally flawed Bill written by a radical environmentalist group that seeks to end the ownership and trade of all non-native animals. There is not a shred of scientific evidence to justify the destruction of a Reptile Industry that leads the world in producing and exporting high quality captive bred reptiles. With the stroke of a pen thousands of small American family businesses would be bankrupted overnight. With no quantifiable benefits, what could be the justification to destroy a viable sector of the American economy in a time of hardship?

What will the additional drain on taxpayer dollars be to grow USFWS at unprecedented levels in order to destroy American small business? These are not the "Too big to fail" corporate titans, but small family businesses with their entire net worth wrapped up in their Reptile breeding projects and ancillary supporting businesses. A 3 billion dollar a year industry would be wiped out by HR669. Thousands of American families would suffer losing everything.

- Trade in Reptiles and ancillary businesses are estimated to be a 3 billion dollar a year industry.
    - More than 9 million Reptiles are exported from the US annually.
    - More than 11 million Reptiles are kept as pets in the US. That means 1 in 25 households have 1 or more Reptiles.
    - The US accounts for 82% of the worldwide trade in Reptiles.
    - At least 500,000 Americans would be negatively impacted by HR669. Thousands of small family businesses would be destroyed.
    - There are approximately 4 million boas & pythons, as well as more than 7 million geckos, lizards turtles & other Reptiles in captivity in the US today.
    - The United States Association of Reptile Keepers Opposes HR669.

Please oppose HR669! The costs to American Families would be enormous. The benefits are both questionable and non quantifiable. NO ON HR669.

Sincerely,

############################################

- STEP 2!

Make 10 stacks of 22 letters.

- STEP 3!

Find 10 people!

- STEP 4!

Have each of the 10 people sign one stack of 22 letters and write there FULL NAME and FULL RETURN ADDRESS under there signature on one piece of paper.

When you are done with this step you should have 220 letters that have been signed buy 10 different people and on the first page of each stack it should have there FULL NAME and FULL RETURN ADDRESS.

- STEP 5!

Now go home and write the persons FULL NAME and FULL RETURN ADDRESS on each of the other 21 letters they have signed.

This is the most pain part of the whole thing. You can handle it. I know you can. Let the force be with you reptile lover. Keep telling yourself it's for the good of the hobby I LOVE!

When you are done with the step you should have 10 stacks of paper. In each stack there should be 22 letters that have been signed by your friends of family members and you should have written there FULL NAME and FULL RETURN ADDRESS under it on each piece of paper.

- STEP 6!

Make 22 stacks on your floor.

- STEP 7!

Take one piece of paper out of each stack of your 22 letters and put it in 1 of your 22 stacks.

When you're done with this step you should have 22 stacks of papers on your floor and in each stack there should be 10 pieces of paper and on each piece of paper you should have a different signature with that person FULL NAME AND FULL RETURN ADDRESS under the signature.

- STEP 8!

Take the 22 stacks of 10 papers and put them in the 22 manila envelopes.

When you are done with this step you should have 22 manila envelopes and in each envelope you should have 10 pieces of paper signed by 10 different people.

- STEP 9!

Write one of the following 22 names on EACH manila envelope. Each manila envelope should only have 1 name per envelope. Write the name in the middle of the envelope.

- Madeleine Z. Bordallo (Ch)(NP-Guam)
    - Henry Brown (R-SC) Ranking Republican
    - Lois Capps (D-CA)
    - William Cassidy (R-LA)
    - Jason Chaffetz (R-UT)
    - Donna M. Christensen (NP-Virgin Islands)
    - Diana L. DeGette (D-CO)
    - Eni F.H. Faleomavaega (NP ? American Samoa)
    - Jeff Flake (R-AZ)
    - John Fleming (R-LA)
    - Doc Hastings (R-WA)
    - Dale E. Kildee (D-MI)
    - Ronald James Kind (D-WI)
    - Frank M. Kratovil, Jr. (D-MD)
    - Douglas L. Lamborn (R-CO)
    - Frank J. Pallone, Jr. (D-NJ)
    - Pedro R. Pierluisi (NP-Puerto Rico)
    - Nick Joe Rahall, II (D-WV)
    - Gregorio Sablan (I- Mariana Islands)
    - Carol Shea-Porter (D-NH)
    - Robert J. Wittman (R-VA)
    - Donald E. Young (R-AK)

When you are done with this step you should have 22 manila envelopes with one of the above names written in the middle of each of the envelopes.

- STEP 10!

Write your (not theres) FULL NAME and FULL RETURN ADDRESS in the top left corner of each of the 22 manila envelopes.

- STEP 11!

Put all 22 manila envelopes in a box or shipping envelope.

You can go to USPS, FEDEX KINKOS, THE UPS STORE or any SHIPPING STORE and get something sturdy to put the 22 manila envelopes in.

When you are done with this step you should have all 22 manila envelops in a box or some kind of heavy duty envelope ready to ship.

- STEP 12!

Mail the box or heavy duty envelope with all 22 manila envelopes in it to the following address:

Tom Wolfe
    6246 Lee Hwy
    Arlington, VA 22205

- STEP 13!

Tell everyone else to make a promise to themselves to do this exact same thing.

###############################################

What you have now done is get 10 more people in on this fight that would not have had there voice heard.

You should now feel proud of yourself.

I just used 10 people as an example. If you have 100 people that will sign 22 letters for you. PLEASE GET THEM TO.

If you ship a box full of these via FedEx or UPS it will not cost you much more than you just sending a manila envelope with 22 letters in it. Plus you're saving money by not having to buy 100's of small white envelopes.

The people in the know feel that sending letters is the way to make the biggest impact. I'm not saying emails aren't good or calling is bad. I'm just saying, sending just emails or just calling will not win this fight. We need to bombard these people with letters. LOTS AND LOTS OF LETTERS PEOPLE!

Hognose, Sand Boa & Ball Python Morphs

Greg Bennett | http://www.hognose.com

4. The Following User Says Thank You to GregBennett For This Useful Post:

WizzySRT10 (04-15-2009)

BPnet Veteran
    Thanks

10,500 emails sent!!!!!!! We can't stop. We need to overwhelm them so they will not even think about another bill like this.

Send more emails!!!!!

Monday April 20 is going to be a national call in day. Call your congressmen.

ALL DAY

Scott Smith

Scott Smith's All Animal Expo

www.Allanimalexpo.com

Thanks

I'm going to be calling each day from monday to thursday. Also going to utilize my unlimited printing abilities at work and bang off 4-5 packets for my wife, my parents, my sister and another one for me. Gonna overnight them all to VA on monday since it shouldn't be to much from NJ.

I already did a single packet from me 2 days ago but I want to do more. I've just invested a chunk of change into 2 pairs of really nice boa morphs and the last thing I want is for some arbitrary law to go through saying I can't breed them.

Thanks

Just got back from Petsmart. I first bought something to show I'm a customer, then I asked to see the manager. I gave him the flyer from nohr669.com and briefly explained that the only birds on the list are chickens, ducks and geese, only goldfish, and no reptiles and the shock on his face was real. He had no idea and I pointed out the website addy and told him he could find more info there and asked him to please notify corporate. He said he surely would. This is something else we can all do, get the big wigs in the loop!!!!

Thanks

Re: MUST READ HR669 Stop it

We need to unite and get this squashed I've already wrote a few emails and made a few phone calls. I'm in the process of writing a couple letters. I hope this doesn't pass through.

1.0 BP VPI Pastel - Dante
    0.1 BP Spider- Name Unknown (not shipped yet)
    Hopefully another one soon!

Thanks

I have sent e-mails and now I am sending out my letters. They will be shipped for next day delivery.

I have also been handing out fliers and my truck have been a billboard. I have been asked about everywhere I go what is that on your truck.

10. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Repsrul For This Useful Post:

GregBennett (04-16-2009),Melicious (04-16-2009)

Thanks

I actually got through to one of my congressmen and he seemed concerned. I hope more people are getting the same response! Lets get this bill killed off fast.

1.0 BP VPI Pastel - Dante
    0.1 BP Spider- Name Unknown (not shipped yet)
    Hopefully another one soon!

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Repsrul View Post
    I have sent e-mails and now I am sending out my letters. They will be shipped for next day delivery.

I have also been handing out fliers and my truck have been a billboard. I have been asked about everywhere I go what is that on your truck.
    This is an amazing idea. I think I need to get a bar of soap out of the bathroom asap...

Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast