Vote for BP.Net for the 2013 Forum of the Year! Click here for more info.

» Site Navigation

» Home
 > FAQ

» Online Users: 3,251

2 members and 3,249 guests
Most users ever online was 6,337, 01-24-2020 at 04:30 AM.

» Today's Birthdays

None

» Stats

Members: 75,097
Threads: 248,539
Top Poster: JLC (31,651)
Welcome to our newest member, Travism91
Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast
    Thanks

Send this to all your friends.

Heres a sample email I wrote and sent to everyone I know. Feel free to copy and paste this so all your contacts are informed too.

www.nohr669.com

This is about the bill HR669 which on the surface proposes to stop all non-native wildlife from being imported via the pet trade to stop the impact on our native species.

BUT!!! This bill will end all pet ownership as we know it. It will single handedly collapse the pet industry and take with it millions of jobs and billions of dollars. If you own reptiles or amphibians (snakes, lizards, frogs, salamander), if you own rodents (RATS, gerbils, guinea pigs, ect.), if you own FISH (yes even fish, tropical, fresh water, even betas), invertebrates, essentially everything but cats and dogs (and don't think they won't be next) will be banned. You will not be able to move out of state with your pets, you can't sell, buy, breed, .....anything. If your kid has two hamsters and they accidentally have babies you'd be in violation of the law, and your pets would be subject to confiscation and termination. The economy will take a huge blow because pet-stores will no longer be able to stay in business, large chains like Petco will fall but so will every privately owned stores, breeders, and suppliers.

Please don't ignore it. Many people believe that this bill has little to no chance of passing. But if we all turn our backs and ignore it then it's chances increase. I want to see it's chances squashed to zero. I love my pets. I grew up with pets, it's part of the american way of life. This bill is not the way to keep our wildlife safe, it's a extremist proposition being pushed by special interest groups against all pets!

Help us stop it. Go here: www.nohr669.com Watch the video. It's short and if you still don't want to do something you don't have to. but it's easy and quick. Why wouldn't you protect your right to own pets?

Thank you,

P.S. Please send this email to everyone you know who owns pets and/or loves animals, they deserve to know.

www.nohr669.com
    ~TruthsDeceit~
    My house? ... 13 snakes, 3 geckos, a tarantula, a boyfriend, a roommate (yes the roommate and boyfriend make the "animals" list), 3 cats, a roach colony and don't ask me to count the rodents.

www.rodentworks.net Local to Bremerton, WA
    >Rats >Mice >ASF >Rabbits >Custom racks/cages

2. The Following User Says Thank You to truthsdeceit For This Useful Post:

Adam_Wysocki (04-10-2009)

Thanks

Re: Pets in Peril!!!!!!!!!!!!! - Say no to HR 669

I allready did my deed and voted my big ole "NO" on Hr 669.
    That is just incrediable to know that congress has this kind of power over the people to even think of a half ass bill like that.
    Why dont they put there concerns in world problems like the economy and mabe getting people back to work?

4. The Following User Says Thank You to letstalksnakes For This Useful Post:

Thanks

well, went out to do some errands, but before I left I printed out a few flyers from the web site. Turns out the two local vets near me where not informed of this bill, the one mom pet store was informed, but was thankful for the flyer to get more information and she was taping it to door on her store.

I also rememberd a small reef store in the area and gave them a flyer.. the owner was really surprised about this and thanked me for making him aware of something that could take away his livelihood. A few customers in the reef store, jotted down the web address to get more information as well.

I may not fully understand politics, but doing what I can to get information out to other people was doing the best I could do (with three kids in tow mind you and it felt good.

As I was driving around or stopped at lights, I saw people trying to get as close as possible to read my posters. Even if they personally don't do something about it, they might say something to a friend or family member who just might take action. Every little bit helps.
    Doris

6. The Following User Says Thank You to Ladydragon For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 1,029 Times in 195 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Ladydragon View Post
    well, went out to do some errands, but before I left I printed out a few flyers from the web site. Turns out the two local vets near me where not informed of this bill, the one mom pet store was informed, but was thankful for the flyer to get more information and she was taping it to door on her store.

I also rememberd a small reef store in the area and gave them a flyer.. the owner was really surprised about this and thanked me for making him aware of something that could take away his livelihood. A few customers in the reef store, jotted down the web address to get more information as well.

I may not fully understand politics, but doing what I can to get information out to other people was doing the best I could do (with three kids in tow mind you and it felt good.

As I was driving around or stopped at lights, I saw people trying to get as close as possible to read my posters. Even if they personally don't do something about it, they might say something to a friend or family member who just might take action. Every little bit helps.
    This is awesome ... it's every email, every letter, every phone call, every flyer, and every "hey did you know about this" that is going to make the difference. All of it! Thank you!

-adam
    Click Below to Fight The National Python & Boa Ban

"The world is a dangerous place, not because of those who do evil, but because of those who look on and do nothing."
    - Anna Sewell, author of Black Beauty

8. The Following User Says Thank You to Adam_Wysocki For This Useful Post:

Ladydragon (04-10-2009)

Thanks

I sent my e-mails, put it all over my facebook page, put a banner on the front page of my website and I'm about to print some flyers out and bring them to my local fish stores (biggest fish store in Northern NJ...a lot of customers there....). This bill has to be stopped.

10. The Following User Says Thank You to monk90222 For This Useful Post:

Thanks

Best $9 bucks I ever spent. Sent my emails and letters to congress, couldn't have been easier using www.nohr669.com. I also printed out fliers and dropped them off at my exotic vets office. Its good to see people taking this seriously and uniting.
    ~*Rich
    1.0 100% Het Albino
    1.3 Normal
    1.0 Spider
    0.1 Mojave
    1.0 Pastel 100% Het Goldfinger
    0.1 Pastel 66% Het Goldfinger
    0.1 Pastel PH Goldfinger

12. The Following User Says Thank You to Spaniard For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 5,584 Times in 3,092 Posts
    Blog Entries

Doris! You are awesome!

I've already told Adam and Brian this - but I cannot adequately express the depths of my gratitude for their efforts (and Pete's and Marshall's, the camera guy, every un-named person involved) for putting this site together.

What this site has done, has empowered ALL of us! Before this site, I know I felt helpless as to what I could do besides write and call my representative. That was all well and good, but HOW did I explain this to other people, and impassion them as well?

This site lets me do that! I also printed the flyer and stopped at three pet stores on the way home and handed all my copies out. Each store thanked me profusely for letting them know - and promised they'd print more copies and tell everyone they could.

Customers that listened to me and took fliers turned ashen when they realized the impact this could have on them, and they became passionate and declared they were going home and printing more fliers and telling all their friends.

I stopped at Office Depot and burned off 300 more b/w copies of the flier, and I'm going to print out a list of all the local pet stores in my area of Atlanta and I have my GPS charged and I'm going to drop off 10 or 15 copies and ask them to make more copies (that should get me to 30 stores this weekend, give or take).

If EACH ONE OF YOU printed 10 copies of the flier on http://www.nohr669.com and stoped by ONE local mom and pop store, can you imagine the impact that we can have?

So thank you Adam, thank you Brian, thank you Marshall and Pete - THANK YOU for empowering us and helping us feel like we can take action to make a REAL difference!

14. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to rabernet For This Useful Post:

Adam_Wysocki (04-10-2009),Ladydragon (04-10-2009),Laooda (04-12-2009),monk90222 (04-10-2009),Spaniard (04-10-2009)

Account Disabled
    Thanks

Spent the nine bucks to have the letters sent as well as the emails
    Will see if Matt and I can organize anything for the Houston area to fight the bill.

16. The Following User Says Thank You to disabled.101 For This Useful Post:

Thanks

This is a response I received from my state rep:

Thank you for contacting my office. I appreciate the opportunity to hear and understand your views and concerns.

It is an honor and a privilege to represent you in the United States House of Representatives.

Should you have any additional comments about this or any other issues, please do not hesitate to contact me in my Washington, D.C. office at (202) 225-4465. Also, you can access Thomas.loc.gov from my website (www.house.gov/garrett) to obtain additional information on legislative issues.

Thank-you again for your e-mail. It is through your comments that I am better able to represent the people of New Jersey in Congress.

Sincerely,
    Scott Garrett
    Member of Congress
    5th District, New Jersey

18. The Following User Says Thank You to Repsrul For This Useful Post:

Thanks

Wow, two of my favorite reptile breeders working together to fight the evil that is HR669. Good job to both of you! I just wish Petsmart and Petco would use the power they have, instead of being gutless, and hand out fliers to customers and employees.

4.9 Balls, 6.7 Corns, 1.1 Black Milk Snakes, 0.0.1 Sand boa, 0.1 BCI, 2.0 Dogs, 1.0 Child, 0.0.? Fish

20. The Following User Says Thank You to stormwulf133 For This Useful Post:

Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast