Vote for BP.Net for the 2013 Forum of the Year! Click here for more info.

» Site Navigation

» Home
 > FAQ

» Online Users: 3,253

0 members and 3,253 guests
No Members online
Most users ever online was 6,337, 01-24-2020 at 04:30 AM.

» Today's Birthdays

None

» Stats

Members: 75,097
Threads: 248,541
Top Poster: JLC (31,651)
Welcome to our newest member, Travism91
Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast
    Thanks

A Million Bajillion Garters (HUGE DUW!)

I whittled 500 pictures of my garters down to 81. This took me three days to photograph, delete, crop and such... I like the plain white background because now, you get to view my snakes as true to life as I can possibly get. The real difference is the bulbs I used for lighting, those reveal ones from GE give you very good color results and do not give any kind of cast to the photos, so very little altering is needed and it's a real time saver.

I hope you enjoy! My favorite group of shots is my similis, cause hes so darned mean, which makes for great shots with attitude!

The first group I will show off are very special and dear to my heart, my "morph" easterns that I have collected from the wild myself. These are without a doubt my favorite garters ever... as they each have a story behind them, and without my awesome boyfriend I would have none of them. There is nothing like being so lucky as to find such amazing specimens! Sometimes I ask myself... why me? How was I so lucky?! The hypo was enough, but then last year, finding the flame after making my boyfriend move ALL those tires with no results until the last one, made me feel humbled!

Here is my "hypo" (sometimes i dont know what to call it) female, Most of you have heard lots about her, and this year my male eastern is trying with all of his little heart to breed her. he never stops so I am REALLY hoping she will produce this year. She produced a small clutch of the summer I found her, 3 babies just did not thrive and the remaining 1.1 freakishly died together... how upsetting that was...

And now is my juvenile female flame. I also have two CB flames from Scott Felzer, unrelated as well. I am going to look for a male on the same farm this year to breed her, I would like to keep her bloodline pure, just think, a whole 'nother line of flame! (it would be nice to find one of her siblings up there, if there is on flame there has got to be more!) What I love about it is how the red contrasts against the greenish blue of the top of her! Her belly is very red also!

Next is Marigold, my orange-blushed girlie. also caught on the same day as my flame on the farm. The first time, she got away when I went to grab a pile of 6 huge females, me and my boyfriend looked at each other like WAIT WHERES THE ORANGE ONE! Went back to the tire an hour later to put the other females back after photographing, and she was there!

here is my Rusty red female, Also collected on the farm. She produced half normal babies, half that had red labial markings and odd coloration. Sadly, NONE of her babies that i held onto thrived.. they pretty much refused to eat and digest their food.. not sure why that was but hopefully it is not genetic.

Now, for the rest of my T.s. Sirtalis!
    Male Carteret County Erythristic Het Schuett Albino

The Female

Here is an updated picture two months later - the male is getting really red and the female is now on her way!

Female Florida Blue

Male Florida Blue

Male Eastern.... nicknamed Humper fo his ongoing attempts at my hypo female LOL!

Normal female, sibling to the previous male, these were supposed to be checkereds but the guy was misinformed!

Olivia, my youngest brother drake found he dehydrated and almost dead in a field, and he brought her to me. I spoon-fed her water in order to save her life, and my brother insisted that she stays with us and she is "his" snake. Will probably use her to breed to the male flame.

Brighteyes, my second lawnmower survivor (Stubby my other has passed away), found her with deep wounds to her back that were only covered by a thin layer of "Skin"... she's very dark, after I healed her wounds I set her free only to have my brothers find her and bring her back to me a month or two later. Boy was I suprised to see her again! Now... she is here to stay... she enjoys being handed pinkies way too much

a portion of her scars

My female flame Orangeness, from Scott

My male flame Orangetime (yes I realize hes not orange but its an inside joke) from Scott (sadly he has recently passed away)

2. The Following User Says Thank You to aSnakeLovinBabe For This Useful Post:

Louis Kirkland (04-06-2009)

Thanks

Re: A Million Bajillion Garters

Next up is all of my Radix's!

Male anery het both amel strains, I have two of these but the other was in shed!

Female Nebraska amel

Radish, normal female

Red female I grabby handed at a show for $20

HUGE normal female

the male

Okay, now for the Checkered's!

Marcy, Normal Female, ugly in shed and cranky! She is normally so much lighter than this...!

Female Double het granite/amel

the male

Now for the Odd's n End's
    Eastern Blacknecks, the best looking normal garters there are

Male Similis

adult male high black concinnus

juvi female high blacks

These looked a lot like fitchii as babies but I beleive them to be concinnus now.

Bluebie, female puget

2.1 butleri

2.1 hypermelanistic vagrans

male parietalis het anery

male infernalis

4. The Following 14 Users Say Thank You to aSnakeLovinBabe For This Useful Post:

+ Show/Hide list of the thanked

771subliminal (04-07-2009),Beardedragon (04-10-2009),dr del (04-06-2009),katiadarling (04-06-2009),LadyOhh (04-06-2009),littleindiangirl (04-09-2009),Louis Kirkland (04-06-2009),Patrick Long (04-06-2009),Peter Williams (04-09-2009),PythonWallace (04-06-2009),RhacHead (04-06-2009),scutechute (04-06-2009),temec (04-06-2009),waltah! (04-06-2009)

Thanks

Holy garter snakes! Those are awesome! Much nicer than the ones I used to catch growing up!
    *I love this crazy, tragic, almost magic, awful, beautiful life*
    ~melanie~

Thanks

Holy crap! Those are some sweet pics of amazing animals. You have a really nice photo setup too.

Thanks
    Thanked 1,864 Times in 1,703 Posts

Very nice , those blues are hot
    Check out what's available at

"The greatness of a nation and its moral progress can be judged by the way its animals are treated." - Gandhi

Thanks
    Thanked 1,252 Times in 931 Posts

Those blues really are sweet, Shannon! Great pics as always. Was it you that had the pic of the 3 garters eating with their heads popping up next to each other? That was one of the coolest pics....if it wasn't you then please disregard the ramblings of an ever aging old man
    --Walt

Thanks

Wow!

I LOVE your collection! Some of those are very difficult to get too, how did you come across them?

BPnet Veteran
    Thanks

Those blues are amazing! Never seen something like that before!

Thanks

Re: A Million Bajillion Garters (HUGE DUW!)

those are some awsome snakes !!!

i love the pictures of the Male Similis
    1.0.0 pastel ball python: morpheus
    1.2.0 leopard geckos: wolverine: phoenix: mystique
    0.0.1 yellow-nape amazon parrot: meeko

Thanks
    Thanked 1,111 Times in 629 Posts

Re: A Million Bajillion Garters (HUGE DUW!)

There are no words... WW!!!
    Praying for Stinger Bees

Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast