Vote for BP.Net for the 2013 Forum of the Year! Click here for more info.

» Site Navigation

» Home
 > FAQ

» Online Users: 3,185

2 members and 3,183 guests
Most users ever online was 6,337, 01-24-2020 at 04:30 AM.

» Today's Birthdays

» Stats

Members: 75,103
Threads: 248,542
Top Poster: JLC (31,651)
Welcome to our newest member, Michaelmcalvey
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Thanks

Re: Sometimes I feel ashamed to be Filipino.

well that bird did look pretty tasty.
    I'm not your friend buddy!

Thanks

It is what it is.. You are who you are. How can you be ashamed? Everyone is different and not everyone can all agree.. Im assuming you grew up in America and it's culture.. In Phillipines is different from America..

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by t-Roy View Post
    It is what it is.. You are who you are. How can you be ashamed? Everyone is different and not everyone can all agree.. Im assuming you grew up in America and it's culture.. In Phillipines is different from America..
    Oh no. I grew up in the Philippines. Didn't move to the US until I turned 21. Sometimes I'm ashamed - SOMETIMES. When all these "only in the Philippines" things happen that shows the limits of our education. You can take any Filipino from any Philippine school and I can be proud and confident to say that he/she can compete with any nationality in Math, Science, History, and Literature. You can go to any city in the Philippines and they will speak to you in English - with correct grammar - so you won't have to worry about understanding any of the 49 distinct dialects. You can guarantee that if you have a Filipino worker, you will have one of the world's best in intelligence, work ethics, and hard work. But then, the same Filipino has no problem peeing on a public wall (ignorance of proper hygiene?). And no problem electing Erap Estrada to the President seat (politically immature). And no problem eating an endangered quail (ignorance of flora and fauna). I guess you can't have it all. Hey, I'm not saying Filipinos are inferior. Far from it. There's a lot the US can learn from the Filipinos.
    ----------------------------------
    BP owner since Oct 2008, so yeah, I'm no expert.
    0.1.0 pastel bp
    1.0.0 spider bp
    0.1.0 albino bp
    1.0.0 bumblebee bp
    1.0.0 yellowbelly bp
    0.0.1 normal bp
    1.0.0 normal western hognose

Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, chocolate in one hand, body thoroughly used up, totally worn out and screaming "WOO HOO what a ride!"

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by anatess View Post
    You can guarantee that if you have a Filipino worker, you will have one of the world's best in intelligence, work ethics, and hard work. .
    I can only speak for were I work but, I wouldn't say that describes the Filipinos I work with. Now I will say it describes a few but, not the majority. You are entitled to your opinion but I don't think Filipinos are any different than any other workers you have good ones and not so good ones.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Chuck View Post
    I can only speak for were I work but, I wouldn't say that describes the Filipinos I work with. Now I will say it describes a few but, not the majority. You are entitled to your opinion but I don't think Filipinos are any different than any other workers you have good ones and not so good ones.
    I think Anatess was just showing some pride...I don't think it was meant for "all" filipinos. There is always that few in society that mess it up otherwise Philipines wouldn't have jails or any other country.

Look at the few in society that release their burmese pythons in florida.. Then they mess it up for the rest of us responsible reptile owners.
    Joseph
    Hyper Reptilia
    "Where our reptiles come first"

6. The Following User Says Thank You to Hyper Joe For This Useful Post:

anatess (02-26-2009)

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123