Vote for BP.Net for the 2013 Forum of the Year! Click here for more info.

» Site Navigation

» Home
 > FAQ

» Online Users: 2,960

0 members and 2,960 guests
No Members online
Most users ever online was 6,337, 01-24-2020 at 04:30 AM.

» Today's Birthdays

» Stats

Members: 75,103
Threads: 248,542
Top Poster: JLC (31,651)
Welcome to our newest member, Michaelmcalvey
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Thanks

Re: Is there a 12 step program?

She's beautiful, *please* keep us updated this is really interesting (for me at least)!
    MH

Who the hell is Pat?

"Pattimuss doesn't run, he prances most delicately, like a beautiful but sad fairy, winged and capped, curly toed shoes on each foot, dancing on dewdrops while lazy crickets play soft music for him to keep time by...." - Wes

Thanks
    Thanked 1,864 Times in 1,703 Posts

Update: She is up to 32g she's on superworms,crickets & waxworms. As soon as my mice drop litters I'm gonna start offering pinkies.

How often can they have pinkies?

Check out what's available at

"The greatness of a nation and its moral progress can be judged by the way its animals are treated." - Gandhi

3. The Following User Says Thank You to llovelace For This Useful Post:

DutchHerp (03-13-2009)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by llovelace View Post
    Update: She is up to 32g she's on superworms,crickets & waxworms. As soon as my mice drop litters I'm gonna start offering pinkies.

How often can they have pinkies?
    Pinkies I would only offer 1 every 2-3 months there arent the greatest for Leos. They should only be offered as treats, even though she is under weight waxies are better. Just carful not to get her hooked on them. I would also offer super worms instead of mealies. Supers take less to fill them up and are a little more fattening. All my leos eat supers and love them. I would try to feed just supers and waxies to help get her to a good weight (around 40g +). Crickets dont have much nutritional value in them. Let me know if you have any question, I am by no means trying to say be a know it all. I just had a female that did the same thing, accept she wouldnt eat for 3+ months and almost died. She is now 60g +.

5. The Following User Says Thank You to Chris Rossi For This Useful Post:

llovelace (03-13-2009)

Thanks

She ate like 6 superworms Those things are huge! she's got a good appetite.
    I had sent my son to get waxworms and he came home with those, my other 2 leos won't touch them though, I got moths breeding now for more wax worms so eventually I can stop buying them.

"The greatness of a nation and its moral progress can be judged by the way its animals are treated." - Gandhi

Thanks

I am so glad to see she has gained some weight.

Wax worms are excellent, superworms are very good aswell. I feed my girls butterworms when they are underweight from laying. But if waxies are working well by all means continue what you are doing, it seems to be working!

congrats on the weight gain, im glad to see she is doing well.

P.S. sometimes if I do not have crickets, I dust the worms a little bit.
    Jamie (jrosen123)

" It's a herp thing... You wouldn't understand"

0.1.7 Leopard Geckos (Jerry, Jagger, Joey, Little, Tiny, Bert, Ernie, Pepay (male))
    0.0.1 Albino Leopard Gecko (Blind) (Ray (Charles))
    0.0.1 Normal Ball Python (Kaluah Pantalones (Pants))
    0.3.0 Cats (Spike, Gracie, Tasha)
    0.1.0 Dog (Miah)

8. The Following User Says Thank You to jrosen123 For This Useful Post:

llovelace (03-13-2009)

Thanks

She ate like 6 superworms Those things are huge! she's got a good appetite.
    I had sent my son to get waxworms and he came home with those, my other 2 leos won't touch them though, I got moths breeding now for more wax worms so eventually I can stop buying them.
    THats good just be carefull because wax worms can become addictive and then the leos only want to eat those and nothing else.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by jrosen123 View Post
    I am so glad to see she has gained some weight.

Wax worms are excellent, superworms are very good aswell. I feed my girls butterworms when they are underweight from laying. But if waxies are working well by all means continue what you are doing, it seems to be working!

congrats on the weight gain, im glad to see she is doing well.

P.S. sometimes if I do not have crickets, I dust the worms a little bit.
    Trust me everything gets dusted that goes into her/them. Those supers scare me though lol

Thanks

She's looking so much better! I remember clicking on this thread when you first posted and I was horrified. I'm so glad she found a loving home!

They can have pinkies every couple of months. When they are that underweight (or breeders), you can give them a pinkie once a month or so.

I'd feed a mix of Wax Worms, Meal Worms and Zophobas (Super Worms). While Zophobas contain more fat than Meal Worms, Meal Worms contain more protein, moisture and are they overall more nutritional.

My biggest problem with Zophobas are their exoskeleton is very hard to digest, and aren't very nutritional. Meal Worms and Phoenix Worms are both better feeders than Zophobas. Do a bit of searching for "nutritional value of super worms" and you'll see what I'm saying.

You might want to start a breeding colony of Roaches!

http://chamownersweb.net/insects/nutritional_values.htm Nutritional Values of some Feeders.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Michelle.C View Post
    She's looking so much better! I remember clicking on this thread when you first posted and I was horrified. I'm so glad she found a loving home!

They can have pinkies every couple of months. When they are that underweight (or breeders), you can give them a pinkie once a month or so.

I'd feed a mix of Wax Worms, Meal Worms and Zophobas (Super Worms). While Zophobas contain more fat than Meal Worms, Meal Worms contain more protein, moisture and are they overall more nutritional.

My biggest problem with Zophobas are their exoskeleton is very hard to digest, and aren't very nutritional. Meal Worms and Phoenix Worms are both better feeders than Zophobas. Do a bit of searching for "nutritional value of super worms" and you'll see what I'm saying.

You might want to start a breeding colony of Roaches!

http://chamownersweb.net/insects/nutritional_values.htm Nutritional Values of some Feeders.

Thanks!

Roaches ewwwwww do I have to?

Thanks

Thanks!

Roaches ewwwwww do I have to?
    Hehe, no. You don't have to, buuuuut, certain species of Roaches have very high nutritional values! They are also easy to breed (some breeding faster than others) and most of them have no smell.

Besides, once you get past the fact that they are roaches, they are very interesting little creatures..err...insects.

I spent $75 on a Roach Colony three years ago, I haven't spent a dime more. They are keeping up with my pretty decent size Lizard and Tarantula collection.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast